• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith's leg is infected.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were competing because the defense was dominant in the easy part of our schedule. We were dominant because our run game was dominant in the easy part of the schedule. We were not winning because of our QB who was horrible.

We can bash 5he FO because they have been terrible. They allowed a franchise QB to hit the market.

The coaches have been horrible because they are horrible coaches, especially Gruden.
So you are onboard with cleaning house after the season despite 2 years of injuries literally depleting the team and making it impossible to compete in the NFL?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better offense...check and easiest to compare...they score 23, we score 19. It is clearly evident Minny's offense is head and shoulders better than the Skins even if they are struggling to only avg 4 points better. Better QB, better WR's, better OL (We have none), better offensive coaching.

Better receivers...check for them. Double, quadruple check for them.

Better backs...ummm no. That would be us and it isn’t close. Yes, our 34 yr old just clips Cook who is coming off injury.

Better OL which you conveniently forgot is us. BS here, we have no oline and haven't had much of one all year. Throw in a hurt Williams and always hurt Moses. OL goes to Minny.

Better defense at the beginning of the season was them...now it is debatable. We have given up fewer PPG than they have this season and it wasn’t close until our defense went off the cliff. They also had a first place schedule.
Questioning Zimmer's prowess vs Manusky is a joke. Minny owns us on defense. We have no football IQ on defense under Manusky.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can and I will argue it as CDC would have lost to
The Texans , boys and eagles because of his play .

And where was the injury excuse last season ?????? Out to lunch because of your hate of KC .

Fact is this team is a 3 loss team with KC at the helm

And now do to lack of foresight we have 2. Old qbs in decline

We had our starting QB last year for the whole season. Yes the injuries are more serious this year. If Smith was our starting QB for this year we would be still competing for the division

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had our starting QB last year for the whole season. Yes the injuries are more serious this year. If Smith was our starting QB for this year we would be still competing for the division

we lead the NFL in injuries last season dean (or wait 2nd ) smith did lose to the texans , and he couldnt keep up with the cowboys in scoring nor could he do so vs the eagles . in fact he never even made a game of anything if the other team scored first , didnt lead a comeback or took a lead while behind in any start he made all season . / he was 28 th or worse in every statistical used by the NFL

fact is your evaluation of what smith would do was flat wrong . the team won games in spite of him vs weak competition a good run game , and good defensive play

once his support declined in play he was unable to elevate the players on offense around him as you said he would

i see nothing to indicate he could compete with the boys in the teams current state and also with the eagles

and now we are looking at dead cap space of 41 mil for 2 years do to a panic move by the FO and a loss of a key CB and now we have a weakened secondary which you said wouldnt happen

not to mention a 3rd round resource that could have fixed a need

i wont even get into how you wouldnt accept the injury excuse last year with KC so your corp values are a mess too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questioning Zimmer's prowess vs Manusky is a joke. Minny owns us on defense. We have no football IQ on defense under Manusky.

I didn’t say the coach wasn’t better. I said the defense through the first half of the season wasn’t. Statistically, it still isn’t.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dp

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are onboard with cleaning house after the season despite 2 years of injuries literally depleting the team and making it impossible to compete in the NFL?

I am onboard for making this team better for a build that won’t see us better until three years from now. So here is what I am onboard for doing. Trade Kerrigan, Williams, Norman, and Reed. Get the quality draft picks to replace Trent. In 2020, get our QB. Our cap situation is screwed because of the Alex Smith debacle. So we have to remedy that. It is better to rip the band aid off quickly than to pull slowly.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ex-GF's daughter dealt with an infection for three years. This past year they amputated her arm at the elbow. This shit can be very serious. I hope they can clean up the infection quickly.

That's rough. Did she break her arm originally? Did they ever figure out where the infection came from.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's rough. Did she break her arm originally? Did they ever figure out where the infection came from.

You Breed I am not even sure anymore. It was a scratch from something in the yard on her arm. Injection set in, eventually she got compartment syndrome and they did surgery. It eventually came back and doctors accused her of doing it to herself. What actually was happening was the infection was hiding under layers of muscle and was never completely gone. I asked her how many surgeries before the amputation and she estimated between 60-70. Sadly she had to lose half her arm but she hasn't let her slow down and best of all she feels good.

About 13 years ago when I moved back from NY I knew a woman in her 40s that had open heart surgery. She got a post operative infection and essentially that had to leave her skin open for months until they finally knocked it out.

It is so odd, a surgeon cracked me in half … held my heart in his hands and all I am worried about is infection.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am onboard for making this team better for a build that won’t see us better until three years from now. So here is what I am onboard for doing. Trade Kerrigan, Williams, Norman, and Reed. Get the quality draft picks to replace Trent. In 2020, get our QB. Our cap situation is screwed because of the Alex Smith debacle. So we have to remedy that. It is better to rip the band aid off quickly than to pull slowly.
GK, with the exception of Reed, no one is trading for those other guys at their current salaries. Norman is vastly overpaid, Williams is about done and can't play 16 games. Kerrigan has slipped in performance this year. May be an off year, or may be the start of his decline. But they don't hold as much trade value as you think.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't as expensive as you might think, not cheap. Only Reed has a contract that goes through 2021. Trent has contracts of 14+ million the next two years. Kerrigan maxes out next year at just under 14 million the drops down to less than 12 million. Scherff is at 12.5 next year and the last of his contract.

At the same time everything is probably on the table or should be. The Smith injury is really going to hurt the cap the next two years. All that being said the team under Snyder has never proven to be good a personnel decisions so I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lead the NFL in injuries last season dean (or wait 2nd ) smith did lose to the texans , and he couldnt keep up with the cowboys in scoring nor could he do so vs the eagles . in fact he never even made a game of anything if the other team scored first , didnt lead a comeback or took a lead while behind in any start he made all season . / he was 28 th or worse in every statistical used by the NFL

fact is your evaluation of what smith would do was flat wrong . the team won games in spite of him vs weak competition a good run game , and good defensive play

once his support declined in play he was unable to elevate the players on offense around him as you said he would

i see nothing to indicate he could compete with the boys in the teams current state and also with the eagles

and now we are looking at dead cap space of 41 mil for 2 years do to a panic move by the FO and a loss of a key CB and now we have a weakened secondary which you said wouldnt happen

not to mention a 3rd round resource that could have fixed a need

i wont even get into how you wouldnt accept the injury excuse last year with KC so your corp values are a mess too

I focused on the injuries last year. When did I ever say Smith played well for us this year. Injuries matter no matter who the QB is. The point is its not the FO or head coaches fault for all problems we had this year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK, with the exception of Reed, no one is trading for those other guys at their current salaries. Norman is vastly overpaid, Williams is about done and can't play 16 games. Kerrigan has slipped in performance this year. May be an off year, or may be the start of his decline. But they don't hold as much trade value as you think.

Norman is 11 and 12 mil the next two seasons.

Williams is 11 and 12.5 mil.

RK is 10.5 and 11 mil.

Reed is 8.5 for the next two. Hell, he is the most overpriced of all.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the WP article just posted about firing Bruce Allen. Forget @ specifics - this is the move that must be made 1st along w/ firing Gruden. The new president/ GM can then hire the new coach.

Forget @ our emotions - is there anyone here or anywhere - Dean included - who still believes that Allen should not be fired? As per the article - don' t wait - do it now!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the WP article just posted about firing Bruce Allen. Forget @ specifics - this is the move that must be made 1st along w/ firing Gruden. The new president/ GM can then hire the new coach.

Forget @ our emotions - is there anyone here or anywhere - Dean included - who still believes that Allen should not be firrd

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you 50/50 odds on Allen still being here and 100% on Gruden still being here.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you 50/50 odds on Allen still being here and 100% on Gruden still being here.
We will see. If they are both retained then there is a 100% chance that I play golf during the majority of my Sundays in the fall of 2019.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I focused on the injuries last year. When did I ever say Smith played well for us this year. Injuries matter no matter who the QB is. The point is its not the FO or head coaches fault for all problems we had this year.
yes it is, 2 trades that turned out to be busts

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awful , just awful