• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smiths future

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Alex Smith's future will be here?

And Any one know how Collin Kaepernick has progressed this year? I haven't really heard anything about him this year. Alex Smith in my opinion is definitely not the QB of the future. I would like to see Kaepernick possibly compete with him next season for the starting job.

I do want us to resign Alex Smith though because as of right now I think he is are best option.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is another rookie on the squad that Harbaugh made a point to pick up and leave on the roster, instead of risking losing him off the practice squad named Scott Tolzien too. There hasn't been much to go off of between CK and ST this season because Smith hasn't been too bad. ST had a real good preseason for the Chargers and was placed on the practice squad because they had too many qb's, they were hoping to not lose him. Harbaugh said ST was a gut he thought hard about drafting in the later rounds, and after seeing him this preseason he had to snatch him up when he had the chance.

I'd really like to see those two compete for the job, the offense isn't that difficult for a qb to run, he just HAS to be accurate.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if I remember right Matt Flynn is a free agent at the end of the year also. Anyone interested in him?

I think he will be asking for a lot of money. More then he is probably worth.

But at this point we have such an elite defense I would expect us to compete for a super bowl for the next few years but if the offense keeps holding us back it will be a frustrating few years.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Smith back at the contract that I think his agent is gonna be asking for.

I'd like to see what Kap can do. Maybe Tolzien. Or Moore or Orton in FA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do I think? I think Alex will be back (because Harbaugh said he wants Alex back). I HOPE he won't be. I think Kaep would play just as well.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want Smith back at the contract that I think his agent is gonna be asking for.

I'd like to see what Kap can do. Maybe Tolzien. Or Moore or Orton in FA.

I dont like Moore or Orton. I think they would only be a slight upgrade if that at QB. We need to look for our franchise QB.(easier said then done though)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I definitely don't like Orton; I'm open minded about Moore, but I don't see why either one of them has any advantage over kaep what with him having a year in Harbaugh's system.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also like the idea of the money we would save that we could put towards much needed other areas if we went with kaep over smith. Thats probably what a 6 million dollar saving per year? We could bring or keep a nice player for that

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely don't like Orton; I'm open minded about Moore, but I don't see why either one of them has any advantage over kaep what with him having a year in Harbaugh's system.

maybe kap can't play qb in the nfl...

i'd be ticked off until basketball season if i was paying for the sports package and kap was flaming out as our starting qb.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut him so that half this forum can rejoice :canada:

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like Moore or Orton. I think they would only be a slight upgrade if that at QB. We need to look for our franchise QB.(easier said then done though)

keep looking, i think you will have very high standards :drama:

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the idea of the money we would save that we could put towards much needed other areas if we went with kaep over smith. Thats probably what a 6 million dollar saving per year? We could bring or keep a nice player for that

having him throw to crab and kyle "primetime" williams with anthony davis blocking for them must be your dream lineup for the future, cant wait

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith got us to the the NFC title game and didnt turn the ball over and threw for 200 yards and 2 scores and ran for 40 yards, he is our best option right now and he should get a 2-3 year contract

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe what the clowns say, Alex Smith's performance in the last qtr against New Orleans would have been totally impossible. Remember he is unable to make the sideline throw and is extremely inaccurate throwing downfield.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde made a valid point in terms of $$$ that Alex's agent will be trying to secure on behalf of his client. Sick made a valid point that Kaep may bring just as big of an impact (on the field) as Alex would anyway. So I coupled both reasonings to support my stance on this in not bringing him back.

I would rather use the $$$ to go after Mario Williams. He and Aldone would be us a terrifying OLBing core that causes nightmares for opposing teams.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the money isn't outragous keep him a few more years,he played well this season and should again next season

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always like when people say things like "I think Player X - who I have never seen play an NFL game - can play as well as Alex Smith". It just illustrates very well all the various sorts of irrationality and personal conflicts in play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nevermind the fact Kap has looked awful in the limited time we have seen him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Williams would be insane. Him plus keeping everyone except Brooks would make us legendary on defense.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nevermind the fact Kap has looked awful in the limited time we have seen him.

Yup! One (or two) stupid plays from a Superbowl berth and people are talking backup QB to the rescue? Stupid.