• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Mack or TJ Ward

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason will make or break the team for the next few years. The Rams have excellent draft picks but a lot of mediocre contracts. I could see us being 4-12 next year. I could see us being 12-4. The margin between a good team and a bad team in the NFL is really slim.

We have arguably the best defensive line in football and we have the best defensive player in football from last year (and he arguably hasn't hit his prime yet). If you have that, you really should have a top 5 defense. The Rams don't currently have that.

We've needed a Safety for 2 years now. Its hard to know how much that has really kept STL's defense from being elite. On paper, we absolutely need a #1 CB, too.

On the flip side, the #1 thing keeping the Rams from competing is a passing game. All of the playoff teams are efficient passing teams. All of them. Its the most important factor in making the playoffs next to turnover margin and strength of schedule. We need Bradford healthy for a whole year with all of these young players around him. Maybe Austin is due for a 'Quinn like' breakout season. Maybe its Quick that breaks out. Maybe Cook. Its hard to say. The Rams just need to figure out how to pass the ball. The weapons are there even if there isn't a go to guy.

If Bradford doesn't work out next year...it sets the team waaaaaaaaay back unless we stockpile draft picks from a trade down off the #2 pick. But then that makes the draft even more important. 5 years from now, we'll be known as the team that passed on RG3 and Clowney. Or we'll be really good.

:10:
I agree we are on the cusp of either being a really bad team or a really good team. it could go either way. If Bradford has a RGIII type of season where he can't plant and throw for the first 6 games then we are in big trouble. Fans wont put up with it and will want his head on a platter. Same thing goes for Jake Long. We paid too much money and while he played well last season he needs to take it up to the next level which will be hard for him to do coming off the ACL injury. So he might have a down year even if he is healthy week 1. I think those two people are the biggest components in the rams development and future. These young players are going to be good. We've done a good to great job bringing in and evaluating young talent. The Rams just need to turn that corner and we need Sam and Jake to play/stay healthy like 1st rounders should.

We will take precautions to make sure that we're backed up if Bradford goes down again or wont be ready come regular season. I think we pick a QB 3rd round (someone that slips that shouldn't have) to help sure up our future. The loss of Sam might not be as bad as you think. Sometimes you find diamonds in the rough.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is the first time I've seen this, my article doesnt mention any savings coming from this. So this will help some..... but IMO we are still in bad shape. We have holes at safety, cornerback, guard. Also depends on whether or not we resign Saffold, Dunbar. Can Jake Long rebound? Can Sam Bradford rebound? my.. my...my... when will the pain go away?

Those are the million dollar questions. I have faith in our new FO. I "think" we're on the upswing.