• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Jackson

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everybody's thoughts on our top prospect Alex Jackson so far? I liked the pick at the time I thought it was a miracle that he fell to the 6th spot and that he was going to rise to the top and make his major league debut at 22. Well looking at his minor league stats (at the lowest level mind you) he isn't exactly making a smooth transition over from high school. its a little frustrating that we drafted a player with the sixth pick and going into the 2016 season we do not have a single player in the MLB top 100 prospects list. Hopefully he has been working on his adjustments over the offseason and he will have a solid season to where he might end up in AA who knows. what is everyone's thoughts?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everybody's thoughts on our top prospect Alex Jackson so far? I liked the pick at the time I thought it was a miracle that he fell to the 6th spot and that he was going to rise to the top and make his major league debut at 22. Well looking at his minor league stats (at the lowest level mind you) he isn't exactly making a smooth transition over from high school. its a little frustrating that we drafted a player with the sixth pick and going into the 2016 season we do not have a single player in the MLB top 100 prospects list. Hopefully he has been working on his adjustments over the offseason and he will have a solid season to where he might end up in AA who knows. what is everyone's thoughts?

Funny guy to figure out. I saw him in spring training against the big boys and he looked like he could step in and play right there at 19. Then he did is minor league assignment and looked more lost than ever. In rookie ball he broke his face on a semi-line drive and maybe that played a part. I really believed he was the next big thing for M's. Still young, but hard to figure out (much like DJ Peterson).

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much have the same thoughts as AZ on Alex Jackson. Last spring he looked real good, not sure what happened to him once the season started. I still have high hopes for him, however I think he needs to have a good season, get some confidence back. He looks the part but he needs to put up the numbers.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny guy to figure out. I saw him in spring training against the big boys and he looked like he could step in and play right there at 19. Then he did is minor league assignment and looked more lost than ever. In rookie ball he broke his face on a semi-line drive and maybe that played a part. I really believed he was the next big thing for M's. Still young, but hard to figure out (much like DJ Peterson).
Yeah I agree with you on Alex Jackson, I am very interested to see how this season goes for him.

DJ Peterson didn't look good at all last season. He had a very good first minor league season and a good second season then sucked last season and had a drop in power. Despite not having much success at AA I would still like to see him start in AAA this season. But truth be told I don't have much hope for Peterson anymore.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with you on Alex Jackson, I am very interested to see how this season goes for him.

DJ Peterson didn't look good at all last season. He had a very good first minor league season and a good second season then sucked last season and had a drop in power. Despite not having much success at AA I would still like to see him start in AAA this season. But truth be told I don't have much hope for Peterson anymore.

Sadly, I have to agree with you on that. Another Ackley or a number of other high level picks that missed after M's drafted them. I hope that starts to change this next draft. :hope::hope::hope:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its still to earlier on Jackson. First full year out of high school and had the injury. Hope he can stay healthy all year and begin to put up the numbers.

This year feels like make or break for DJ Peterson. I mean I am not counting on him being a big part of the future anymore. I heard he stayed and worked out in the team facility this winter which he didn't do last year so hopefully that's a good sign.

But yeah with the may this organization has churned out talent or lack thereof, you just hope this new regime can get to these kids in a more effective way.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of busts does anybody have an update on danny hultzen and where he is? Does he have an option to play in AAA or does he have to make the major league club?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of busts does anybody have an update on danny hultzen and where he is? Does he have an option to play in AAA or does he have to make the major league club?

My understanding is that he has options left because they waived him and he went unclaimed. He is not currently on the 40-man roster and is trying to make it as a reliever. We will never see him be the guy Jack thought he would be...at least not in a Mariners uniform I am guessing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick video with new Farm Director regarding Jackson, Zunino, and more.

MLB Now: Andy McKay

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting... Drew Jackson seems like a very interesting prospect as well... 47 SB's last year and his OBP is very good...

You are welcome and I am pretty excited to see how he moves up the ranks. I followed Everett a lot last year via twitter because of guys like him. Exciting bunch led by him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is the year we make a legit run at a postseason spot... I definitely don't have my hopes up like I did last year but it would sure be nice... I would be ok w/ band wagoner's hopping on if that was the case...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is the year we make a legit run at a postseason spot... I definitely don't have my hopes up like I did last year but it would sure be nice... I would be ok w/ band wagoner's hopping on if that was the case...

This is like the 38th or 39th season I have hoped for that...lol. I lost hope a decade or so ago and now I just sit back and watch the play unfold. :)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like the 38th or 39th season I have hoped for that...lol. I lost hope a decade or so ago and now I just sit back and watch the play unfold. :)

I'm just tired of being excited about watching our young bucks play in August and September as we get an idea who will be with us the following year or not...:gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always better to have really low expectations going into the season. I don't think there has been a season since I have been alive that hopes were high that amounted into anything. Hopes weren't high in 95, 97 or 01. 2000 I guess there were expectations of contending for a playoff spot.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always better to have really low expectations going into the season. I don't think there has been a season since I have been alive that hopes were high that amounted into anything. Hopes weren't high in 95, 97 or 01. 2000 I guess there were expectations of contending for a playoff spot.

I know this was 15 years ago and my memory was never that good, but I have a hard time believing that expectations weren't high going into 2001. Did losing A-Rod that offseason drop expectations that much?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this was 15 years ago and my memory was never that good, but I have a hard time believing that expectations weren't high going into 2001. Did losing A-Rod that offseason drop expectations that much?

I remember that off season well. Expectations were not high and we had a terrible time trying to sign any real free agents so we ended up taking a chance on an ex-Mariner coming off an injury plagued year and we signed him for little money and on a 1 year deal. That was Brett Boone of course. Then we took a chance on a skinny Japanese hitter who Lou told to either start driving the ball in spring training or go home and that was Ichiro of course.

12 writers made predictions before the season and here is the totals.

5 predicted 3rd place finish in division...division!
6 predicted 2nd place
1 predicted last place.

2 of the 12 predicted M's to be the Wild Card team.

That was a fun season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that off season well. Expectations were not high and we had a terrible time trying to sign any real free agents so we ended up taking a chance on an ex-Mariner coming off an injury plagued year and we signed him for little money and on a 1 year deal. That was Brett Boone of course. Then we took a chance on a skinny Japanese hitter who Lou told to either start driving the ball in spring training or go home and that was Ichiro of course.

12 writers made predictions before the season and here is the totals.

5 predicted 3rd place finish in division...division!
6 predicted 2nd place
1 predicted last place.

2 of the 12 predicted M's to be the Wild Card team.

That was a fun season.

Wow. I guess it's a good thing I don't pay much attention to preseason expectations. I remember the Ichiro story because that's the kind of thing you don't forget, but the predictions seem ridiculous in hindsight considering what ended up happening.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I guess it's a good thing I don't pay much attention to preseason expectations. I remember the Ichiro story because that's the kind of thing you don't forget, but the predictions seem ridiculous in hindsight considering what ended up happening.

It just shows none of us know much until the season plays out. So there is hope...til the season starts...lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory is just of going into 2001 spring training of eh as noone knew how Ichiro would turn out and Boone was a low risk low reward guy, a roster full of either aging guys or just a bunch of misfits. I was more excited about the ASG in Seattle than hopes for an ALCS but damn near every Mariner player had a career year until 9/11.

I was working with the Rainiers and there was a ton of optimism about guys going to get called up mid-season or dealt and neither happened.