• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex finally gets consecutive year in same offense

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying something good about the QB is overreacting on this forum

I see. Well, I guess that makes me an over-reactor then 'cause I have nothing but good things to say about Alex right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith changing legacy with San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

This is going to be my go-to thread for positive Smith articles.

But reading this, I feel Rosenthal has little clue about our Niners. It says "Alex Smith, tough guy. This is not a reputation many people saw coming." Bah, Alex has always been tough - playing through a torn throwing shoulder multiple games, playing through a concussion against Dallas last year (though it wasn't diagnosed until after the game), etc. Alex has never played this well or lead his team this well, but he's been tough. Despite needing Davis to push him, he was mentally tough to go back and perform in that Eagles loss. He was tough to come back to SF after 2010.

On Cowherd's show, Peter King said he'd take Alex over Vick because Alex doesn't have a history of getting injured. You don't go into a season thinking that he might get injured in his thrid game like Vick. Apparently, just like I wished, 2007 never happened. Oh, and 2010's shoulder injury that let Troy get some games wasn't an injury either. He is right that we don't expect Smith to get injured as much as we expect Vick to get injured, but he was giving a compliment to Smith by saying Smith > Vick - but not because of better decision making or protecting the ball, but by no history of injuries?

So Rosenthal and King don't know our Niners that well. No big surprise here.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com article on the Niners and Alex Smith

I hate the NFCC game, because if we won, we'd have now beaten Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Matthew Stafford in a row. I believe we would have beaten the Pats. Note, I would not say "Alex" beat these guys, no, "we" beat them.

I know we might have had different scheduling if we had won. We'd have at least been home for the season opener, probably on Wednesday and probably against the Lions (or at least not the Pack. We also would not have the same people this year. Smith could have gotten paid more, limiting others? Moss, Manningham, and Jenkins might not have been brought in. We wouldn't have seen the holes as glaringly.

But, that'd be cool for our defense to beat those guys all in a row, all with good to great play from the offense.