• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex finally gets consecutive year in same offense

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So now that Alex is in the 2nd year in the same offense, he actually looks like an efficient NFL QB. He's making MUCH quicker decisions, and if he didn't have all those drops tonight, he'd probably be the highest rated passer in the league after 2 weeks.

And it's not like he's played the Raiders & Colts. He went up against 2 playoff teams from last year, one of which was on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that Alex is in the 2nd year in the same offense, he actually looks like an efficient NFL QB. He's making MUCH quicker decisions, and if he didn't have all those drops tonight, he'd probably be the highest rated passer in the league after 2 weeks.

And it's not like he's played the Raiders & Colts. He went up against 2 playoff teams from last year, one of which was on the road.

Definitely, Alex is actually looking like the 1st overall pick. He has been through alot in his tenure in the league I am happy to see him playing at this level.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex looks great. He's got a little Swag out there too, which is just something I thought I'd never see.....EVER

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All respect to Alex Smith for sure. He looks like a leader out there

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex's current QBr = 115.9!!

437 Yards
7.7 YPC
70.2% Completion

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what passes for positive comments to the QB on this forum. "I am so surprised he looks like an NFL QB"

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what passes for positive comments to the QB on this forum. "I am so surprised he looks like an NFL QB"

Ok give tell us what you would say?

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex you didnt totally screw up today, you deserve to start next game.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex's current QBr = 115.9!!

437 Yards
7.7 YPC
70.2% Completion

That's with 7 drops tonight, and 6 of them were clear as day drops. The VD one you could make a case for not being a drop (I think it was though).

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex you didnt totally screw up today, you deserve to start next game.

Thats what you would say after the niners record for throws without an interception. Thats what you would say about a guy who does exactly what he is asked to do? Fine you have no football IQ I got no problems saying that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what i've been saying for a while. the ability is there and now we can start to see it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's with 7 drops tonight, and 6 of them were clear as day drops. The VD one you could make a case for not being a drop (I think it was though).

there was a lot of contact from the defensive back.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! - I scored that as a drop as well - To me, if it should have been caught and it wasn't - then it was dropped.

If we put those drops and appx yardage on Smith's stat line, he would have a QB rating between 125-130!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just need to point out that he had just as much (more, actually) time in the Jimmy Raye offense than he has in the Harbaugh/Roman offense.

Of course, Jimmy Raye ran the Benjamin Button offense.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly! - I scored that as a drop as well - To me, if it should have been caught and it wasn't - then it was dropped.

If we put those catches and appx yardage on Smith's stat line, he would have a QB rating between 125-130!

Yep. Unfortunately that an impossible projection to make. For example, had Davis caught the deep ball, it changes that drive (and the game less directly).

Also, with the 3 drops in a row (Miller, Walker and Manningham) if Miller makes the catch Walker likely doesn't get the chance at his drop (ditto Manningham).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, and fortunately for us 49er fans.

also true these were two big games against play-off teams. it may well come down to tie breakers for home field advantage? i still don't think we'll "glide thru" to the play-offs, but clearly this team is playing well NOW.

just a small comment on Alex Smith....a lot was made of his work with pitching coach House, but he still has that stiff knee about 25 or 30% of the time? granted some MAY be due to the rush, but it isn't gone. yet, believe only one of his passes sailed a little bit high?

the run plays are taking pressure off of the passing game. good job O-line, TE, and WR's in the run game.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just need to point out that he had just as much (more, actually) time in the Jimmy Raye offense than he has in the Harbaugh/Roman offense.

Lol at Benjamin Button offense

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Unfortunately that an impossible projection to make. For example, had Davis caught the deep ball, it changes that drive (and the game less directly).

Also, with the 3 drops in a row (Miller, Walker and Manningham) if Miller makes the catch Walker likely doesn't get the chance at his drop (ditto Manningham).

Very true -

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the old adage should be "Alex needs more time with a well-coached and good offensive system." But honestly it's looking like his ole college coach was right.

Football is more fun to watch right now than it was during the dark days.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and jimmy raye took half of that time deciding what play to run...