• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Collins

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast mode Jr ? This kid has great footwork and runs through tackles... I know it's college highlights so you can't get overly excited, but this kid does show potential....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Beast Mode. Collins looks to be a more finesse runner. He slides away from contact, where beast mode powered through it. His highlights remind me more of Alexander than Lynch. This is no way a knock on him - just an observation. He does seem to have happy feet in the back field though - nearly every carry on here has some sort of stutter step before hitting the hole. We'll have to see what he looks like in camp.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Beast Mode. Collins looks to be a more finesse runner. He slides away from contact, where beast mode powered through it. His highlights remind me more of Alexander than Lynch. This is no way a knock on him - just an observation. He does seem to have happy feet in the back field though - nearly every carry on here has some sort of stutter step before hitting the hole. We'll have to see what he looks like in camp.
Not to mention that OL looked great, really opened up holes for him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that OL looked great, really opened up holes for him.

That's why it's hard to totally judge from college, some O-lines in college just run over other teams D-lines... But you did see him have some dam good runs vs power house school's ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was running through some contact... But your right, camp will say more...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Marshawn did better than anyone was make people not have clean hits on him in small spaces. He could juke people in a phone booth. This made it look like he was running through sure tackles but he actually had them grabbing because he got them to lean the wrong way. Yes he did run through some tackles but Marshawns game was Balance, wide base and breaking you down. This Rook looks to have some of those traits, he doesn't have the power but he makes up for that with better speed.

Collins can run through arm tackles as you saw in the tape, if you don't get a good hold on him you wont bring him down and he has enough wiggle even in Small spaces to make you NOT get a good hold on him and he doesn't allow clean hits against him. All those i just mentioned are traits Lynch had so yeah in a way he looks a lot like Marshawn. Minus Marshawns Wider base and the Angry stomping gait he had. Collins is a little more upright and a narrower base, he doesn't have that over the top Beast mode balance but heck not many people do.

The Real test will be to see how he does behind a piss poor offensive line if in fact this Oline is as bad as i fear it will be for most of this season. The Oline will improve over time but the growing pains this year will be BIG. I still don't have faith in Cable to train these new Olineman. This year will speak HUGE if they do not get better as the season goes on. Like i have said before he can make someone that has never been a olinemen better but he has yet to make a Olineman Better. If you get my meaning.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Marshawn did better than anyone was make people not have clean hits on him in small spaces. He could juke people in a phone booth. This made it look like he was running through sure tackles but he actually had them grabbing because he got them to lean the wrong way. Yes he did run through some tackles but Marshawns game was Balance, wide base and breaking you down. This Rook looks to have some of those traits, he doesn't have the power but he makes up for that with better speed.

Collins can run through arm tackles as you saw in the tape, if you don't get a good hold on him you wont bring him down and he has enough wiggle even in Small spaces to make you NOT get a good hold on him and he doesn't allow clean hits against him. All those i just mentioned are traits Lynch had so yeah in a way he looks a lot like Marshawn. Minus Marshawns Wider base and the Angry stomping gait he had. Collins is a little more upright and a narrower base, he doesn't have that over the top Beast mode balance but heck not many people do.

The Real test will be to see how he does behind a piss poor offensive line if in fact this Oline is as bad as i fear it will be for most of this season. The Oline will improve over time but the growing pains this year will be BIG. I still don't have faith in Cable to train these new Olineman. This year will speak HUGE if they do not get better as the season goes on. Like i have said before he can make someone that has never been a olinemen better but he has yet to make a Olineman Better. If you get my meaning.
He's no Marshaun Lynch, but think he'll be a solid back up.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast Mode is a high standard to be held to, and I don't think we're likely to see anyone quite like Marshawn again. That said, this kid looks to have some pretty good footwork and vision. If this offensive line isn't complete dogshit and Cable can get that zone blocking scheme working with the new talent we could see this guy have some success.

Should be an interesting battle at RB this year. Obviously Rawls is the front runner and Michael finally showed some promise after getting bounced around the league a bit. Sounds like Jackson may not be back with Prosise looking to take over his role as the third down back. Collins has potential. I don't know much about Zac Brooks but those late 6th and 7th rounders tend to be not much different than UFA's. Just given the competition at the position it seems unlikely he'll make the team ( assuming they go with 3 RBs and another on the practice squad).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no Marshaun Lynch, but think he'll be a solid back up.

did not say he was a Marshawn Lynch but he has some of the traits Lynch had and i am sure that's a big reason the Hawks drafted him. I can see why people would compare him to Marshawn though with some of his traits and the fact that Marshawn was 5-11 215 and Collins is 5-11 216

Back when Marshawn came out of College he ran a 4.48 or something so way back then he was pretty fast ( Collins is a 4.59? ) but we as Seahawks fans have never seen 4.4 speed we saw 4.6 at best lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting looking prospect. I like his style and think it fights right -- has the shiftiness to shake a tackler in a tight space and also the power to break tackles. And even though he ran around a 4.6, he shows better speed than that in the open field from what I can see. Not a homerun hitter per se, but he definitely plays a bit faster than he times.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Collins has amazing vision and is a patient runner waiting for holes/zones to open and then hit the gap. He has good acceleration and decent speed.. very much a 1 speed player.

I thought exactly of Alexander when I saw Collins. You can make zone blocking work with decent coaching and 'okay' talent at OL as well.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he go down at the first sign of contact, unless it's the endzone?

(and I loved me some SA!)