• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith allegedly "jumped"

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Getting jumped is not the issue. The issue is him being stupid enough to put himself in a situation which could have gotten him seriously hurt. I am certain he was involved in some sort of altercation at the restaurant.

What if the situation is that he's sitting in the restaurant and some drunk sees a 6'6, 260 pound man and decides to test himself?

The only thing Smith did wrong in that situation was be a tall, well built man.

The nerve of him.

You say Smith's word isn't trustworthy enough for you. I'm curious what you know about the employee of the diner that makes her story so reliable.

And what did she actually say? That there was an incident. Nothing more.

Honestly, if you weren't there, stop talking about it. The truth will eventually come out. If Smith provoked something, then you can jump on your high horse. Don't do it when you don't know the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could certainly find out if its true but who cares? The fact that he was at one of the 3 'drunk rush' places in downtown Columbia during a busy night is something that would upset me if he was on my team. Every person in El Rancho is drunk off their butt at that time and trying to sober up. Not a smart place for him to be

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could certainly find out if its true but who cares? The fact that he was at one of the 3 'drunk rush' places in downtown Columbia during a busy night is something that would upset me if he was on my team. Every person in El Rancho is drunk off their butt at that time and trying to sober up. Not a smart place for him to be

Of course, don't bother finding out. It's way easier to just make assumptions.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the situation is that he's sitting in the restaurant and some drunk sees a 6'6, 260 pound man and decides to test himself?
The only thing Smith did wrong in that situation was be a tall, well built man.

The nerve of him.

You say Smith's word isn't trustworthy enough for you. I'm curious what you know about the employee of the diner that makes his/her story so reliable.

And what did she actually say? That there was an incident. Nothing more.

Honestly, if you weren't there, stop talking about it. The truth will eventually come out. If Smith provoked something, then you can jump on your high horse. Don't do it when you don't know the situation.

Then Smith would not be at fault but I seriously doubt that that is what happened. This sounds like the lawyer in you trying to cloud the waters with absurd scenarios. I don't know the employee but I know Smith's history and that history suggests that her story is very plausible. Are you familiar with Occam's Razor?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, don't bother finding out. It's way easier to just make assumptions.
Yeah, it is. Likely some drunk people came up and did something and then the entire restaurant probably chased him off and then told the cops nothing happened to diffuse the situation. The cops had nothing to work with and there was no harm no foul. If something big did happen, the cops would have arrested someone. The cops around here love to make examples (Pinkel has a DUI, DGB had a pot bust, Mike Anderson had half his team arrested, etc, etc)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then Smith would not be at fault but I seriously doubt that that is what happened. This sounds like the lawyer in you trying to cloud the waters with absurd scenarios. I don't know the employee but I know Smith's history and that history suggests that her story is very plausible. Are you familiar with Occam's Razor?

I am familiar with occam's razor.

What story did the employee give? She said an incident happened.

That's not a story. I believe something happened too. I'm going to wait until I find out what before I condemn Smith though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am familiar with occam's razor.

What story did the employee give? She said an incident happened.

That's not a story. I believe something happened too. I'm going to wait until I find out what before I condemn Smith though.

Trouble seems to follow this boy. I don't know if he caused it, nor do I care. But I won't defend him simply because he is a 49er; that would be ridiculous.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best way to proceed is to just wait and see, if nothing comes from it, then it can just pass. No one is changing their perception of him until something more comes out, innocent or guilty.

Saying that someone is "aware of the incident with Aldon" is stronger than saying they are "aware of an incident at the restaurant." Mentioning him makes it stronger, so it doesn't just say that she was aware of an incident, but until she gives some kind of witness statement that lists the details she initially refused, I can't take anything from it besides her belief that there was an incident in which Aldon is part of the story. The story could simply be him being in the vicinity. It doesn't mean he was involved.

On the other hand, stop citing Aldon as a source! He would likely deny it anyway - all he actually said was he wasn't jumped and is ok, not that he wasn't involved. Stop citing team officials as a source. They weren't there and what they said, until something more comes out, is what they are expected to say. Stop taking the "not available for comment" as proof of it happening or not happening. All we can confirm is that the police did not think it warranted an arrest of anyone.

He is not innocent or guilty until we know more. (I'm not talking about criminal guilt, just in general.)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw you following him around sucking up to him like ou are doing here.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. By saying we should wait for the details I'm sucking up to him. On a message board which there is about a 0.001% chance he reads.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trouble seems to follow this boy. I don't know if he caused it, nor do I care. But I won't defend him simply because he is a 49er; that would be ridiculous.

I'm not defending him. I'm saying we should wait for the details to come out before we pronounce sentence.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware that the sun came up this morning, although I did not witness it. Who says the story was "second hand" I read nothing anywhere about her story being second hand.

Don't be dumb, you are aware the sun came up because you witnessed it. We were also AWARE that Lattimore had a broken leg and tore every thing in his leg, how true did that turn out to be?

Who said it isn't second hand? Once again, this girl gave nothing to confirm that this actually happened and you decided to absolutely beleive her over everyone else involved for some crazy reason. I on the other hand wait for information before I make a judgement.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not but he obviously let the situation escalate instead of walking away....unless he started it of course which is entirely possible.

For argument's sake say that he did get jumped, have you ever seen anyone who has gotten jumped that had the option to walk away? I haven't, people who get jumped usually aren't expecting it or asking for it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For argument's sake say that he did get jumped, have you ever seen anyone who has gotten jumped that had the option to walk away? I haven't, people who get jumped usually aren't expecting it or asking for it.

He must have been dressed too provocatively. Maybe a low cut top and mini skirt?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting jumped is not the issue. The issue is him being stupid enough to put himself in a situation which could have gotten him seriously hurt. I am certain he was involved in some sort of altercation at the restaurant.

:L

:stfu:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod: