• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith allegedly "jumped"

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this blows up too much, Aldon just tweeted that he didn't get jumped.

Not sure how to link Twitter, but, I think I did it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
When I saw the topic, I thought you were going to say he jumped offsides on one of his sacks.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Getting Jumped at a party isn't cool!! What about the rest and relaxation for the guys!!:tsk:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Getting Jumped at a party isn't cool!! What about the rest and relaxation for the guys!!:tsk:

I'm just glad this is the worst NFL story I've seen reported from Halloween. I've seen a lot of bad stuff go down on 10/31.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF????

GAMMIT ALDON!@!!

Trouble seems to follow this fool. What excuse will the Aldon fans come up with next as to why all these troubles keep befalling poor Aldon

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trouble seems to follow this fool. What excuse will the Aldon fans come up with next as to why all these troubles keep befalling poor Aldon

My excuse is "who cares; sack the QB." As long as he's not in trouble with the law, I couldn't care less. If that changes, I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.

I would hate to see this turn into another Charles Haley situation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My excuse is "who cares; sack the QB." As long as he's not in trouble with the law, I couldn't care less. If that changes, I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.

I would hate to see this turn into another Charles Haley situation.

I don't like investing in a player who seems to be too stupid to stay away from situations that will get him in trouble. Before the 49ers take the extreme steps that Dallas took with their resident fool, I think Harbaugh will get rid of him.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he was even involved. If it were true, by now ESPN and NFL.com would be running stories about it.

Seems to me like Cam Inman follows players tweets, saw Aldon's tweet saying he was OK then investigated by calling the police and the restaurant, couldn't confirm anything so just said it happened and covered himself by saying the manager couldn't be reached for comment and neither could the police.

They were on the stabbing stuff pretty quickly, as well as the DUI. The only thing ESPN has is the NFC West blog saying there is a rumor going around, and Smith denies it... obviously citing his twitter.

I could be proven wrong if it turns out something did happen, but my first impression is Cam was trying to be "first" and jumped on a nothing story and a few others picked up on it... just goes to show the dangers of reporting from social media sources.

And Warty, I have no idea why he is posing with a carebear across the street from what looks like a used car dealership and a liquor store somewhere on the Pacific Coast... how about we just say he did it for the kids? :lol:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like investing in a player who seems to be too stupid to stay away from situations that will get him in trouble. Before the 49ers take the extreme steps that Dallas took with their resident fool, I think Harbaugh will get rid of him.

He was our resident fool. We got rid of him, and lost many playoff games to Dallas in large part to Haley's contribution. Had we kept Haley, I doubt Dallas had the 90's dynasty.

I agree that I don't want guys like Pacman on the team. I don't think Smith is in that class yet.

This gets back to another thread. You're on Oahu, right?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he was even involved. If it were true, by now ESPN and NFL.com would be running stories about it.

Seems to me like Cam Inman follows players tweets, saw Aldon's tweet saying he was OK then investigated by calling the police and the restaurant, couldn't confirm anything so just said it happened and covered himself by saying the manager couldn't be reached for comment and neither could the police.

They were on the stabbing stuff pretty quickly, as well as the DUI. The only thing ESPN has is the NFC West blog saying there is a rumor going around, and Smith denies it... obviously citing his twitter.

I could be proven wrong if it turns out something did happen, but my first impression is Cam was trying to be "first" and jumped on a nothing story and a few others picked up on it... just goes to show the dangers of reporting from social media sources.

And Warty, I have no idea why he is posing with a carebear across the street from what looks like a used car dealership and a liquor store somewhere on the Pacific Coast... how about we just say he did it for the kids? :lol:

Lazy Journalism. Seriously. This is Journalism 101. If you don't have a quote, don't make yourself look like a jackass by saying "absolutely nobody can or will corroborate what I wrote."

Sure. He did it for the kids. :smile:

But that picture is weird.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GDI! Aldon needs to have a curfew, body guard, or someone respectable with him until he can figure out how to be a Pro off the field.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if this is true, honestly we don't know where this story even comes from. The resturant owner could not confirm that Smith was involved and he himself has denied it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if this is true, honestly we don't know where this story even comes from. The resturant owner could not confirm that Smith was involved and he himself has denied it.

The cops were unavailable. As somebody with a degree in Journalism can attest, the cops are NEVER unavailable for comment.

People who are unavailable for comment: Those who hate you personally, and those who don't exist because you're a lazy journalist.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There maybe nothing to this story, but where there is smoke there is fire and Smith seems to put himself in sketchy situations in his free time. That needs to stop.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was our resident fool. We got rid of him, and lost many playoff games to Dallas in large part to Haley's contribution. Had we kept Haley, I doubt Dallas had the 90's dynasty.

I agree that I don't want guys like Pacman on the team. I don't think Smith is in that class yet.

This gets back to another thread. You're on Oahu, right?

Wow! That went right over your head. The "resident fool" I was talking about in Dallas is Dez Bryant and the "extreme steps" they took were to hire a team of people to follow him around everywhere and see that he doesn't get in trouble. That's the guy I was comparing Aldon Smith to.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know its true. Police admitted they were called to the scene over a fight. Members of the workforce at the restaurant confirmed there was a disturbance. Where there is smoke there is usually fire, especially with guys who have a history of not being able to stay out of trouble.