• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Albert Breer on Harbaugh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I might not do that trade, but I see how we'd be the best to benefit from it since he's Harbaugh's guy, whereas everyone else desperate for a QB have to teach him the offense and get used to how he is coached best. No matter how good he is, you want to be able to coach him best. I know our NFL offense is different than Stanford football, but the basics are there and while Luck may have intangibles and be able to learn quickly, there would be no offense quicker to learn than ours. But we have to look at the overall team vs. one player. If you're that bad, it's worth tanking more than trading. But we're not that bad and Harbaugh is like a cook with many pots running - he wants his current pot to learn how to win and play as a team. He can't turn off that burner to get Luck and assume that the team will heat up just the same.

good point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
like the article says, luck might pull strings on draft day

he can try but the team who finally gets him STILL gives up a ton. if Luck pull strings cause he wants SF (harbaugh), the 49ers STILL have to cough up a LOT.

the NY Giants didn't get Eli on the cheap.

we all know the importance of a franchise QB, and we'd give up a lot. but there has to be a point where a "lot" is too much? we all have our own opinion of where this 'breaking point' is?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That team with the #1 spot would need to be willing to even make that trade. Chances are, whichever team ends up with the #1 pick is going to need a QB too. I bet the Colts got offers like that back in 1998, and they were like... yeah sure, go kick rocks sucka.

agree.

its still possible the #1 team will trade, but low possibility. Carolina may want to trade, St Louis might?