• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama, K-State, Notre Dame, Oregon

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks right.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four are ridiculously good, but Alabama and Oregon are better than ND and K-State.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four are ridiculously good, but Alabama and Oregon are better than ND and K-State.

we'll see how well Oregon does against USC before I go that far

Oregon will probably end up #2 if everyone wins out

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see how well Oregon does against USC before I go that far

Oregon will probably end up #2 if everyone wins out

I have a feeling Oregon's gonna blow USC outta the water, but if you look at my pickems today I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. :L

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if bama v oregon play in bcs mnc game does the rose bowl or sugar bowl get to poach nd first?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree bama vs oregon. K state wouldnt hold up and notre either! Still think Bama wins easy! Only somewhat chance of loss is LSU this week coming up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs K-State in Miami.

we end up playing each other after all this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if bama v oregon play in bcs mnc game does the rose bowl or sugar bowl get to poach nd first?

In your scenario (assuming Alabama is ranked #1) the Sugar Bowl will get first shot at Notre Dame. The Rose would get second shot at Notre Dame. Kansas St cannot be selected by either, as they are the Host Team in the Fiesta.

However, I wouldn't take it for granted that the Sugar or Rose would take Notre Dame. This is where the back room bowl bartering begins. ie.."What will you give me for Notre Dame?"

The Sugar Bowl can select an SEC At Large (before ND) if one is available.
The Rose can select a Pac 12 At Large (before ND) if one is available.
In that scenario the Fiesta would be the big winner with K-State (automatic host) and (by rotation) first pick of remaining At Large teams. They would obviously take Notre Dame.

Remember Bowls are about putting "Butts in seats" and the Sugar and Rose may want to select a team from their region/host conference if they're sure to put butts in seats. Notre Dame will certainly put as many fans in seats anywhere they play tho. So they might get selected.

If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-12 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

For the games of January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NCG and a team from the non-AQ group is an automatic qualifier, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl.
The Rose Bowl has already fulfilled this requirement. (Wisconsin/TCU 2011)

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

4. After steps No. 1, 2 and 3 have been completed, any bowl with an unfilled slot shall select a team from the automatic qualifiers and/or at-large teams in the following order for the games played in 2007 through 2010:

January 2012 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it figured out?

LOL

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Oregon's gonna blow USC outta the water, but if you look at my pickems today I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. :L

I have a feeling part of USC's problems stem from them focusing on Oregon. I have a suspicion that they have even spent part of each week's practice time preparing for Oregon instead of the team they are playing that week.

I expect a very tight game.