• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Matsui so much. The Japanese Paul O'Neill

I still have mixed feelings about Paul O'Neill... First, he was a Yankee and he was pretty ugly... Second, he was pretty good....

Then near the end of his career, the greatest right handed pitcher in the history of the game (at the time) joined the team - and happened to wear the same number... Many times, players will give up their number if a future hall-of-famer joins the team... O'Neill made Clemens change his number... He, of course, had every right to keep the number he had through his entire pretty-good career. But it was Roger Clemens!... That just always irked me (yes, Rocket was my favorite player growing up)...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit Sherlock. His numbers before and after that incident didn't add up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 2 game winning streak of all-time. Amazing.
I dont think you understand how hard its been for this team to win 2 straight vs a team not named royals or As. Huge accomplishment

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have mixed feelings about Paul O'Neill... First, he was a Yankee and he was pretty ugly... Second, he was pretty good....

Then near the end of his career, the greatest right handed pitcher in the history of the game (at the time) joined the team - and happened to wear the same number... Many times, players will give up their number if a future hall-of-famer joins the team... O'Neill made Clemens change his number... He, of course, had every right to keep the number he had through his entire pretty-good career. But it was Roger Clemens!... That just always irked me (yes, Rocket was my favorite player growing up)...

When that trade was made, the team was coming off arguably the greatest season in baseball history. O'Neill was beloved in the Bronx. Clemens was traded for Wells (also beloved). People forget that neither the Yankee clubhouse or the Yankee faithful were very thrilled with that trade at the time. Even 25 years later they don't issue 21 It will always be O'Neill's number.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When that trade was made, the team was coming off arguably the greatest season in baseball history. O'Neill was beloved in the Bronx. Clemens was traded for Wells (also beloved). People forget that neither the Yankee clubhouse or the Yankee faithful were very thrilled with that trade at the time. Even 25 years later they don't issue 21 It will always be O'Neill's number.

Greatest game ever for a Yankees fan and Clemens hater

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Jeter at short.

*ducks*

Only a few better than Jeter:

Honus Wagner, Ernie Banks, The Wizard, and of course Cal Ripken Jr,.

*ducks next to navamind*