• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more emotional Sox games. Ugh.

Thank you JD and an especially big thank you to Xander.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles winning record. That is all. Again.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles winning record. That is all. Again.
Saw that Correa is opting for free agency. Think the O’s have a shot at him since I’m sure Elias would be very familiar with him during his days in Houston?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Correa is opting for free agency. Think the O’s have a shot at him since I’m sure Elias would be very familiar with him during his days in Houston?

I think the O's have some interesting choices to make this free agency. If they move Gunnar to third, and they move Mateo to second to fit Correa in, then what happens when Westburg is ready for the show? If they lose Mateo after a career year, then they don't have anybody to start at second, until Westburg arrives (unless they want another season of Odor). I don't want another season of Odor.

I think that it would be wise for Elias to kick the tires and see if they're mutual interest, especially since he would cost money, not players. I would think it would be wise for Correa to entertain Elias's offer too, because the O's are gonna be better next year, already were a winning team this year, and have a boatload of prospecits coming up the pike in the next few years. Their window is opening, and I don't know the status of the Twins., to be perfectly honest.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought he had to wait until the end of the world series to do that

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wants more than 35 mil per no thx:suds:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners manager looks like Fran Healy…..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would the O's sign him with Gunnar Henderson- one of the absolute top prospects in baseball - who also looked great in his callup?

If I was the O's I would spend my money on starting pitching and maybe a 1B/DH type.

O's outfield is solid with Hays/Mullins/Santander (though that would not be a terrible get either)

C- is amazing
1B- Mountcastle is okay/solid
2B- Mateo or Urias can play of Henderson plays SS

I mean- if Henderson plays 3rd- then I can see SS I guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am rating starting pitchers for next year (and just next year- not going forward) it would prob. look like this:

1. Burnes
2. Alcantra
3. DeGrom (obviously assuming health)
4. Verlander
5. Cole
6. McClanahan
7. Wheeler
8. Glasnow
9. Woodard
10. Nola
11. Sherzer
12. Bieber
13. Castillo
14. Fried
15. Rodon
16. Urias
17. Cease
18. Ohtani
19. Musgrove
20. Gallen
21. Kershaw
22. Gausman
23. Cortes
24 Lynn
25. Valdez
26. Darvish
27. Wright
28. Manoah
29. Sale
30. McKenzie
31. Strider
32. Snell
33. Sale
34. Severino
35. Kershaw
36. Javier
37. Montas
38. McCullers
39. Bassit
40. Gilbert
41. Kirby
42. Webb
43. Lopez
44. Luzardo
45. Lodolo
46. Heaney
47. Springs
48. Webb
49. Greene
50. Gonsolin

A couple observations:

-pretty wild that when you look on this list- the Guardians have played 5 post season games thus far- and have faced #5, #6, #8, #23, and #34. No other teams that had to play a first round series has faced as consistently good of pitching through the first 2 rounds. Facing McClanahan, Glasnow, Cole, Cortes and Severino is fucking ridiculous.

-Yanks do have- when healthy- an incredible rotation with Cole, Cortes, Severino, Montas (who is hurt).

-I have said it before- but discounting the Phillies with 2 studs like Wheeler and Nola is a mistake. Phillies have a ton of talented bats. Their only weakness really is the bullpen and lacking a real closer.

-Dodgers spend a ton of money- but Urias and Kershaw is just not enough with how good some of these other teams are.

-Mariners should make the playoffs again as a wild card at least with a rotation depth that goes from Castillo, Ray, Kirby, Gilbert- 2 high priced guys and 2 cheap home grown guys with talent. What I think are 4 of the top 50 starters in baseball. I think only the Yanks can rival that.

-Sherzer and Verlander likely (though not 100%) stay put in NY and Houston respectively. Rodon is the only difference making free agent. I think a team could trade for Gallen if they gave up a ton. Its possible Bieber is available if its apparent he wants every last dollar because with his injury last year and his decline in velocity this year- I dont think the Guardians would risk extending him even if they thought it was economically feasible. if the Angels are out of it- maybe Ohtani is moved at next year's deadline so the Angels can recoup something. Maybe if the Red Sox are not contenders and Sale has a good showing and the Red Sox eat some money they trade him. Those are the best SP that I think have a chance of moving.

-Glasnow and Fried are my CY Young picks for next year. Glasnow's stuff is just at another level when he is healthy. As good as anyone not named DeGrom.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale at #29 feels like a reach. He's barely pitched the last three years.