• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollen has been brutal here to this point, but this sounds sketchy.
Sure. Very common issue that bothers zillions of people every Spring. But you have it right. Not sure why he would miss 3 straight games over this and I don’t recall ever hearing that he missed any time for allergies in the past? Doesn’t seem to add up...but they insist he’ll be in the lineup for Opening Day.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Very common issue that bothers zillions of people every Spring. But you have it right. Not sure why he would miss 3 straight games in a row over this and I don’t recall ever hearing that he missed any time for this in the past? Doesn’t seem to add up...but they insist he’s in the lineup for Opening Day.

Well, to be fair, he's usually pulled a muscle or two by this point of camp. LOL

In all seriousness though, my skepticism of whatever reason they have for various guys missing games is well-founded. It wouldn't be the first time they tried to smoke-screen something far more serious.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, he's usually pulled a muscle or two by this point of camp. LOL

In all seriousness though, my skepticism of whatever reason they have for various guys missing games is well-founded. It wouldn't be the first time they tried to smoke-screen something far more serious.
Definitely a pattern here. The Voyt injury is the inexcusable one. They kept insisting he was fine all Spring. Not sure how they blew that one so badly.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a pattern here. The Voyt injury is the inexcusable one. They kept insisting he was fine all Spring. Not sure how they blew that one so badly.

He was limping around from about mid-September on last season. I assumed they did an MRI then and found no damage.

Never assume with this crack staff!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a Yankee fan go to meme. Varitek, Vmart, etc.

Then I'd have to listen to village plumber and uno talk about how awesome the yankee catchers were at framing pitches.
I seem to remember them hating on JP Arencibia quite a bit...though I am not sure who was on the other side of those arguments. Did we have a Blue Jays fan around in those days?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember them hating on JP Arencibia quite a bit...though I am not sure who was on the other side of those arguments. Did we have a Blue Jays fan around in those days?

We definitely did, I'll remember it when I see it....Dirt will know his name.....he was beyond delusional, think he was on here......Edit: Just remembered, Heatwave!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Arencibia existed. That .258 OBP!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pitching so well this Spring, too. Now Eovaldi is the Opening Day starter and that rotation looks so much worse.

3Ks and 5-6 Earned I'm calling