• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Yankees arent completely hungover, Anibal Sanchez shouldnt see the 5th tonight

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met fans

"Ill Take Andujar/Frazier/Sheffield and another prospect for De Grom"

GTFO, I cant wait for this deadline to pass, cause I hear some of the dumbest shit

Problem is, he's the only legit ace-quality guy out there rumored to be available.

So, naturally, they think they're getting the world-read over the weekend that the Red Sox are actively trying to drive the price up as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, he's the only legit ace-quality guy out there rumored to be available.

So, naturally, they think they're getting the world-read over the weekend that the Red Sox are actively trying to drive the price up as well.

Screw it, Im tired of the Yankee price being higher than everyone elses'

Houston got Verlander and Cole for absolutely nothing

Screw em all, we get homefield, Ill take my chances vs everyone, we own the Bronx

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see fans of every team putting those lopsided trades out there then wondering way the other team will not be all over it. Like a Yankee fan saying Walker for DeGrom.

All you can do is lower your head and keep walking.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see fans of every team putting those lopsided trades out there then wondering way the other team will not be all over it. Like a Yankee fan saying Walker for DeGrom.

All you can do is lower your head and keep walking.

Naaah, Im not seing that, Im willing to do Frazier/Sheffield and another fairly high end guy

They really talk like they want Gleyber and Andujar for a 30 year old pitcher

Eat it

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA Happ just got bombed by Detroit-who had lost 10 in a row.

This ain't a seller's market.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, Im tired of the Yankee price being higher than everyone elses'

Houston got Verlander and Cole for absolutely nothing

Screw em all, we get homefield, Ill take my chances vs everyone, we own the Bronx

The Tigers were having a discount yard sale last year. They got nothing in return for J D Martinez, 3 low grade prospects that will probably never see the majors.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaah, Im not seing that, Im willing to do Frazier/Sheffield and another fairly high end guy

Eat it

Gleyber's the one everybody wants.

Hell fucking no. Kid reminds me more of Robbie Alomar every day. I keep him over anyone else.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA Happ just got bombed by Detroit-who had lost 10 in a row.

This ain't a seller's market.

35 year old rental who right now would be the Yankees #4 postseason starter

I wouldnt give them anything worth a crap

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eat it

I figure Frazier is gone, I just hope that Cashman doesn't deplete the minors for a run this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Frazier is gone, I just hope that Cashman doesn't deplete the minors for a run this year.

Noone besides De Grom or Bumgardner are worth Frazier, so hopefully he learned his lesson after getting his ass kicked on the Sonny Gray deal

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is their 2nd best starter, its why I always laugh at the suggestion that the Yankees need a starter desperately, but the Sox are all set

Gimme Seve, CC and Tanaka all day over Sale, Price and Porcello in a short series

I still would feel much more comfortable with another good starter. The Sox line up is excellent and lets not forget the Stro's staff and line up. And would anyone be really surprised if the Indians turn it on?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would feel much more comfortable with another good starter. The Sox line up is excellent and lets not forget the Stro's staff and line up. And would anyone be really surprised if the Indians turn it on?

Indians are the sleeping Giant...That team if right can still trot out a staff that matches the Astros in a short series

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone besides De Grom or Bumgardner are worth Frazier, so hopefully he learned his lesson after getting his ass kicked on the Sonny Gray deal

I can't see the Mets owner letting this management group trade Degrom. If anything, they'll hire the new GM and maybe trade him next year. This front office hasn't been able to draft worth a shit (Omar had some success years ago) so why would they think they could identify talent on other teams

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far no one the Yanks gave up ion the Gray deal has done anything and quite frankly, the Yanks have so many quality players they wouldn't have been able to protect them all had they not traded for Gray. The same could happen this year so I can see a couple of lower level prospects for a Happ or Cole. I like the Lasagna kid but he's been in the minors for 5 years and has never made it past 55 innings without getting hurt. I don't think they can count on him.
Maybe another few teams drop out and there's a guy we haven't thought of.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far no one the Yanks gave up ion the Gray deal has done anything and quite frankly, the Yanks have so many quality players they wouldn't have been able to protect them all had they not traded for Gray. The same could happen this year so I can see a couple of lower level prospects for a Happ or Cole. I like the Lasagna kid but he's been in the minors for 5 years and has never made it past 55 innings without getting hurt. I don't think they can count on him.
Maybe another few teams drop out and there's a guy we haven't thought of.

Fowler has shown flashes of being a nice player, and Kaperlin was the gem of that trade, he could really make it look dreadful

Its not gonna take much to make this Gray trade look like a total failure

My entire point is, just because Frazier doesnt look like a fit right now, I wouldnt be in a rush to just give him away....Gardner is in the final year of his deal, I dont trust Hicks at all, so I wouldnt be in such a rush to unload Frazier unless of course the right deal comes calling

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler has shown flashes of being a nice player, and Kaperlin was the gem of that trade, he could really make it look dreadful

Its not gonna take much to make this Gray trade look like a total failure

My entire point is, just because Frazier doesnt look like a fit right now, I wouldnt be in a rush to just give him away....Gardner is in the final year of his deal, I dont trust Hicks at all, so I wouldnt be in such a rush to unload Frazier unless of course the right deal comes calling

I'm in no hurry to unload Frazier unless it's in a trade for a top starter. Lower level prospects on the 40 I have no issue with as we'll probably lose guys in the rule 5 draft we'd rather keep if we don't.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course just a hypothetical, why would Toronto say No to Sonny Gray for JA Happ?

They are losing Happ, Gray is still young and controllable

Isnt that a worthy risk for Toronto?
I'd be onboard with that in a heart beat.....I just hope they don't get the Yes or MLB Network in Toronto to see what they're getting....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be onboard with that in a heart beat.....I just hope they don't get the Yes or MLB Network in Toronto to see what they're getting....

At this stage, Sonny Gray is going to see not one significant postseason pitch, and Happ very well could