• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep not saying he is the best in the game but I never got homer vibes from him and if you ever listened/watched his radio show then you would definitely know he is far from a homer

The second part may be true. Admittedly, I have never listened to his radio show (watch a radio show), but that’s because I’ve always found him to be a grating obnoxious homer on tv.

OTOH, although I happen to love the way Jim Palmer calls a game, my wife thinks he’s good for insomnia.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. There are announcers in baseball who act like their dog died when a team hits a walk off against their team.

Just because some announcers might be worse than Kaye doesnt make Kaye good.

Link?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think those two clips prove? The dback announcer gave murphy credit for muscling the ball out of the park.

The brave announcer was appropriately excited.

Neither were as bad as Kay.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel much better about the Yankees rotation with Schmidt and Gil in it

That is a solid 4 man rotation for the playoffs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticing a lot of guys on this team don’t believe in making sacrifices to help the team out

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Sean McDonough & Jerry Remy in Boston's booth.

DOB and Youkilis are very meh. I think they'd be much better if they still had Eckersley. Youk was pretty irritating when they were having Tiedemann and Pay make their cameo in the booth a week ago, though I think they should have just done their own separate broadcast.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, anyone but Jim Palmer…….

Oh please. Nobody dislikes Jim Palmer. He’s not Sterling or Suzy Waldman or Michael Kay. He’s not the Rangers announcer.

He’s as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.

The worst people say about his broadcasting style is that he’s boring.

Like NY fans predicting this is their year, every year.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. Nobody dislikes Jim Palmer. He’s not Sterling or Suzy Waldman or Michael Kay. He’s not the Rangers announcer.

He’s as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.

The worst people say about his broadcasting style is that he’s boring.

Like NY fans predicting this is their year, every year.

Too easy…..you have nothing to offer but ragging about Michael Kay…..we get it, you hate everything about NY, enjoy living there…..

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

I could say the same thing about you - like shooting fish in a barrel, you two. For example, there was literally nothing in my previous post that suggested that I hate everything about NY, or that I have nothing but ragging on Michael Kay - as perfect an example of an obxnious, bloviating NY sports fan as there ever was.

For the record: I love everything about NYC, especially how easy it is to get under the skin of their fans.

That, and the bagels / pizza
And the culture.
And the music.
And that place in queens where you can get the delicious chinese food in the basement of that mall.
And the fact that every year there are idiots who can't handle the hustle and bustle of the greatest city in the world and predict it's demise. It's so dirty! It's so crime filled! There are homeless everywhere! It's so crowded! It's miserable in the summer!

Those tourists are as stay puff soft as NY fans. You idiots boo your own like it's a job description.
You booed Judge THIS YEAR.

Yup. I love NYC for all of the above.
But mostly, the getting under the skin of their clown like fans.

BTW, this is THE YEAR.

Last edited:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

I could say the same thing about you - like shooting fish in a barrel, you two. For example, there was literally nothing in my previous post that suggested that I hate everything about NY, or that I have nothing but ragging on Michael Kay - as perfect an example of an obxnious, bloviating NY sports fan as there ever was.

For the record: I love everything about NYC, especially how easy it is to get under the skin of their fans.

That, and the bagels / pizza
And the culture.
And the music.
And that place in queens where you can get the delicious chinese food in the basement of that mall.
And the fact that every year there are idiots who can't handle the hustle and bustle of the greatest city in the world and predict it's demise. It's so dirty! It's so crime filled! There are homeless everywhere! It's so crowded! It's miserable in the summer!

Those tourists are as stay puff soft as NY fans. You idiots boo your own like it's a job description.
You booed Judge THIS YEAR.

Yup. I love NYC for all of the above.
But mostly, the getting under the skin of their clown like fans.

BTW, this is THE YEAR.

Nice rant, you don’t get under anyone’s skin…..you just spew shit on here…..

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice rant, you don’t get under anyone’s skin…..you just spew shit on here…..

You sure about that pal? You and the other idiot respond every time.

You should probably cry less.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not getting under your skin, but you feel the need to tell me to go fuck myself?

Good one, choochi.

Also you:

1725829820264.gif