• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Oddity:

A game between Toronto and Boston was postponed due to rain earlier in the season. Toronto catcher Danny Jansen was at bat and down 0-1 when the game was called... The make up game is scheduled for August 26th, to resume with the same at-bat and count.

Danny Jansen was traded to Boston last week. If he catches for the make up game - not only would it be the first time a player has played for both teams during the same game - but he technically could be the batter and catcher during the same at-bat!
So MLB attendance for a single admission double header, like the Orioles and Jays from Monday, only counts the attendance for the second game, and the first is zero. In the middle of an at-bat, would the pinch-hitter take precedence here?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MLB attendance for a single admission double header, like the Orioles and Jays from Monday, only counts the attendance for the second game, and the first is zero. In the middle of an at-bat, would the pinch-hitter take precedence here?

Uh... Have you heard of John Henry? It'll be a day/night double header... Tix from the rainout will be honored for the first game. They'll empty the stadium and honor the separate tix for the night game.

The pinch hitter will get credit for everything except accept a strikeout. If he strikes out, it will go against Jansen. (Weird rule, yes.)

Still... the box score will still show Jansen on both sides.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied for 1st place

I'm sure they will let me down but there's no reason to lose a series this month

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied for 1st place

I'm sure they will let me down but there's no reason to lose a series this month
even the best teams are going to lose a series on occasion. they're also usually going to lose 60+ times

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even the best teams are going to lose a series on occasion. they're also usually going to lose 60+ times
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Shut Up GIF