• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East 2016 thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy win for the Sox.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be wild. I like the Jays chances when they play their division rivals. I'm less confident (weirdly) when they play outside the division.

7-game road trip coming up. Four against WC contender Houston and then out to KC where things could get nasty.

I think the Yankees are done, but even the biggest homer will have to concede that if they can't make some noise against a tough schedule coming up: NYM, CLE, BOS. Good luck with that!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be wild. I like the Jays chances when they play their division rivals. I'm less confident (weirdly) when they play outside the division.

7-game road trip coming up. Four against WC contender Houston and then out to KC where things could get nasty.

I think the Yankees are done, but even the biggest homer will have to concede that if they can't make some noise against a tough schedule coming up: NYM, CLE, BOS. Good luck with that!

I'm thinking that these Jays'-O's remaining games are going to be fun to watch in September as most of the games have been real close. We've done good against Boston so far this season but still got plenty of games against them so we can't let up. Our main concerns are getting the pitching straightened out and to find ways to play better on the road since we're not nearly as good away from OPACY.

I do think that the Yankees are waving the white flag this year by trading Chapman and Miller and getting a good haul back in return, though I never count them out until they're officially eliminated. I'm also interested in seeing if they'll deal Beltran as well by 4:00 tomorrow.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that these Jays'-O's remaining games are going to be fun to watch in September as most of the games have been real close. We've done good against Boston so far this season but still got plenty of games against them so we can't let up. Our main concerns are getting the pitching straightened out and to find ways to play better on the road since we're not nearly as good away from OPACY.

I do think that the Yankees are waving the white flag this year by trading Chapman and Miller and getting a good haul back in return, though I never count them out until they're officially eliminated. I'm also interested in seeing if they'll deal Beltran as well by 4:00 tomorrow.

I think the O's are the team that misses out due to their rotation. After Tillman, it's just not playoff caliber. The offense and bullpen have played great up until this point, but I don't see it lasting. Wade Miley is an upgrade...but that alone speaks volumes.

The Jays and Red Sox have far superior rotations. You can debate their offenses and I'll give you the O's pen is probably the best of the bunch...but I can't see the O's making it to the finish line.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the yanks are throwing in the towel for the year after trading andrew miller

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a fun stretch drive in the division for sure. Will be good to see who comes out on top.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sickening to me!!!!! that the yankee org. instead of firing girardi, the right thing to do! which mite have given these bunch of losers a wake up call that they would be next!!! only 5 1/2 game out with over 40 games to play... F THIS!!! like the yankee org. cares about building its farm system when you have to take out a mortgage just to go to a game????? man, how long will the dum azz corporations and fans tolerate this garbage.... f the steinbrenners.. have a nice evening!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sickening to me!!!!! that the yankee org. instead of firing girardi, the right thing to do! which mite have given these bunch of losers a wake up call that they would be next!!! only 5 1/2 game out with over 40 games to play... F THIS!!! like the yankee org. cares about building its farm system when you have to take out a mortgage just to go to a game????? man, how long will the dum azz corporations and fans tolerate this garbage.... f the steinbrenners.. have a nice evening!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Toronto definitely did not win the trade deadline wars.

Trade Chavez (average BP arm) for Bolsinger (total garbage).

Trade for Feldman (average BP arm to replace Chavez?) for I'm not sure, but it's not worth it in the context of the first trade.

And then getting Liriano and his ERA near 7 (in the NL!) to shore up the rotation. Might as well just ride Hutchinson...it's free!

UGH...no David Price this year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Toronto definitely did not win the trade deadline wars.

Trade Chavez (average BP arm) for Bolsinger (total garbage).

Trade for Feldman (average BP arm to replace Chavez?) for I'm not sure, but it's not worth it in the context of the first trade.

And then getting Liriano and his ERA near 7 (in the NL!) to shore up the rotation. Might as well just ride Hutchinson...it's free!

UGH...no David Price this year.
Liriano's been pretty awful, but the Jays are also getting two of the top Pirates prospects. Liriano's contract will partially be negated by Dickey coming off the books. Liriano was a pretty decent pitcher from 2013-15. He's posted some pretty crappy years before, only to rebound.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really gitardi, running onto field as if you won game 7, what a disgrace! all you did was weaken a country caffey!!! now hurt the chances of a real NY team getting to PS you can't get to PS on your own with names like beltran mcann ellsbury betances miller chapman tanaka you don't belong in the bigs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really gitardi, running onto field as if you won game 7, what a disgrace! all you did was weaken a country caffey!!! now hurt the chances of a real NY team getting to PS you can't get to PS on your own with names like beltran mcann ellsbury betances miller chapman tanaka you don't belong in the bigs

Why the fuck would he care about the Mets making the playoffs?