• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East 2016 thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this is crazy. Bad timing is right.

They supposedly got some weird tropical flu in Tampa

They have scored 5 total runs in the last 5 games thanks to it.

They are essentially a power hitting team right now that has no physical strength to actually hit for power.

An independent league team could shut down this offense right now.

I hope it doesn't last too long.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pomeranz craps the bed after three decent innings, but Hanley' had a three home run night. Barnes also came in with the bases loaded and allowed zero inherited runners to score, giving the Sox three scoreless innings. Huge performances. Still not what the Sox need with a hurting bullpen (Tazawa/Uehara/Kimbrel are on the DL and Carson Smith's out for the year) and a gauntlet of a schedule coming up.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place, bitches

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They supposedly got some weird tropical flu in Tampa

They have scored 5 total runs in the last 5 games thanks to it.

They are essentially a power hitting team right now that has no physical strength to actually hit for power.

An independent league team could shut down this offense right now.

I hope it doesn't last too long.
Me too. Especially since after one more with the Yanks tomorrow we get Cleveland. At least that series is at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today wasn't a good day to leave Hanley on my bench in fantasy leagues lol

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another big win last night for the yanks. they go for the sweep today against the orioles

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will always be happy to win 3 of 4. Now let's win 2 of 3 against the Giants

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox destroying Minnesota

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox hitting .306/.368/.524 in July... prior to tonight's 17 hit game (with 5 doubles and 3 home runs).

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pathetic but it is what it is. Not like anyone expected the Yanks to be some 93 win team. Most thought they would be between 81 and 85 which is likely where they will end up

you can't possibly think there is a baseball fan in the country that would agree with this statement.. an almost 200 mill payroll, position players who have performed admirably with other teams, a pitching staff with the potential that could be any other teams #1, best bullpen in the game.... don't get me started... maddon with this teams make up is in the big show with this guys! and no significant injuries to mention... ohhh now u got me going!!! and even now, as always resting players when they are making a runnnnnnn??? good goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he doesn't have a clue about team chemistry, cohesion or anything else for that matter... through the years he has had different players, and the results have been the same ... he is wrong wrong wrong for this team!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't possibly think there is a baseball fan in the country that would agree with this statement.. an almost 200 mill payroll, position players who have performed admirably with other teams, a pitching staff with the potential that could be any other teams #1, best bullpen in the game.... don't get me started... maddon with this teams make up is in the big show with this guys! and no significant injuries to mention... ohhh now u got me going!!! and even now, as always resting players when they are making a runnnnnnn??? good goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he doesn't have a clue about team chemistry, cohesion or anything else for that matter... through the years he has had different players, and the results have been the same ... he is wrong wrong wrong for this team!!!!

But in the preseason just about everyone had the yanks had a mid 80 win team. You're an idiot if you seriously think in the preseason or the so called experts expected the Yanks to win 90+ games. This was always going to be a low to mid 80 win team with the roster we had.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf!!!!! an idiot? do you think the so called experts are going to say the real reason why they feel the team is only capable of winning so many games???? the "idiot" here is speaking for them!! girardi has all the makeup of a little league coach... all he worries about is how many games in a row a position player can play, how many pitches a pitcher can throw... he has no idea how to properly prepare these guys , and every single player with the exception of beltran has underachieved under his watch and ohh i forgot about Mo, and that is because beltran needs no coach, he's a player...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf!!!!! an idiot? do you think the so called experts are going to say the real reason why they feel the team is only capable of winning so many games???? the "idiot" here is speaking for them!! girardi has all the makeup of a little league coach... all he worries about is how many games in a row a position player can play, how many pitches a pitcher can throw... he has no idea how to properly prepare these guys , and every single player with the exception of beltran has underachieved under his watch and ohh i forgot about Mo, and that is because beltran needs no coach, he's a player...

At some point the players need to take responsibility. Blaming Girardi for everything is really low baseball IQ. He can't get out there and hit for the guys. He can't go out there and make Eovaldi, Pineda, & Nova not pitch like trash. Blaming him for everything tells me a lot about you

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the players need to take responsibility. Blaming Girardi for everything is really low baseball IQ. He can't get out there and hit for the guys. He can't go out there and make Eovaldi, Pineda, & Nova not pitch like trash. Blaming him for everything tells me a lot about you
Got to give them old folks some rest:suds:

Jacoby Ellsbury is not in the Yankees' lineup Friday.

He's on the bench with the Giants starting lefty Madison Bumgarner. Brian McCann is also sitting out, as the Yanks are going with Aaron Hicks in center field and Austin Romine at catcher.