• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ or BM

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think you will be able to keep both of them? Marshall is up after next season and Jeffrey is up the following year correct?

Of course we can. All that has been taken into consideration. Your team over paid that linebacker and still had money for Aaron. AJ and Marshall will not be as expensive as the 2 you resigned

:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think you will be able to keep both of them? Marshall is up after next season and Jeffrey is up the following year correct?

Yes well work something out. This is the new style Bears focusing on offense for the first time. Plus well have a third top guy in M Wilson at WR. It,s gonna be tricky to keep 3 big time WRs. As a outsider Lofton, who would you send help on BM or AJ?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes well work something out. This is the new style Bears focusing on offense for the first time. Plus well have a third top guy in M Wilson at WR. It,s gonna be tricky to keep 3 big time WRs. As a outsider Lofton, who would you send help on BM or AJ?

I don't know the inner workings of your cap situation but after reading that article posted earlier seeing you have spent almost 90% of it for this year I learned a little more. I know like us you have a large list of FAs this year and next year too I believe so thats why I asked. You are going to have to address your defense and either that through FA or the draft. Its hard if not impossible in todays NFL to be able to keep a core together. Cutler, Forte, Marshall, and Jeffrey...thats alot of payroll on one side of the ball and with holes on the defense you have to be careful where and how money is spent. Marshall is going to be 31 after this contract...I wouldn't do anything over 2 MAYBE 3 years with him.

Noon in the limited amount I have seen the two...I would worry more about Jeffrey over the top beating me then Marshall getting catches in front of my secondary. It really depends on what kind of secondary I am working with.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the whole division, we have a chance to have some really prolific offenses in the next few years. Detroit needs another wide receiver to complement Megatron but they have the QB, they have Bush at RB and they get enough production from both TEs they have. Minnesota needs to figure out the QB situation. They have tons of weapons on that offense with AP, Rudolph, Jennings, Simpson, and that Patterson kid is going to be a playmaker. We have what we have, you guys have what you have.....NFCN has the potential to be a high flying offensive show.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the whole division, we have a chance to have some really prolific offenses in the next few years. Detroit needs another wide receiver to complement Megatron but they have the QB, they have Bush at RB and they get enough production from both TEs they have. Minnesota needs to figure out the QB situation. They have tons of weapons on that offense with AP, Rudolph, Jennings, Simpson, and that Patterson kid is going to be a playmaker. We have what we have, you guys have what you have.....NFCN has the potential to be a high flying offensive show.

Jennings and Simpson do not belong in this conversation.........but i guess you still think one of your ex-players is still in his prime........:rollseyes:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the NFC NORTH is turning to offense. The team with the mediocre or better defense might have the upper hand. Bizzarro World.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings and Simpson do not belong in this conversation.........but i guess you still think one of your ex-players is still in his prime........:rollseyes:

Really because everytime I turned on a Viking game Simpson was torching somebody. Jennings isn't the player he was 2 or 3 years ago, but he showed when they had a QB who would actually take a shot downfield and had some accuracy (Cassell) he could get the job done. He isn't an 85 catch 1300 yard guy anymore but you can't suddenly say the guy is washed up. He had no QB. He is still easily a 60-70 catch 1000 yard guy.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the torch is a dimly lit one.

Really because everytime I turned on a Viking game Simpson was torching somebody. Jennings isn't the player he was 2 or 3 years ago, but he showed when they had a QB who would actually take a shot downfield and had some accuracy (Cassell) he could get the job done. He isn't an 85 catch 1300 yard guy anymore but you can't suddenly say the guy is washed up. He had no QB. He is still easily a 60-70 catch 1000 yard guy.

Not sure which Simpson you were watching but 46 catches for 726 yards and 1 td hardly emits seering torching sounds. He is a fine complimentery player but not someone you need to roll coverage over to often. Pattersen. Rudolph and Jennings would be more in line for a defense to worry about. His 2 best games were against the packers and Bears having 5 catches for 130 and no tds in the 2 games. His last 4 games he had 9 catches for just over 100 yards.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is still a good No.1 WR. No QB in MN.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which Simpson you were watching but 46 catches for 726 yards and 1 td hardly emits seering torching sounds. He is a fine complimentery player but not someone you need to roll coverage over to often. Pattersen. Rudolph and Jennings would be more in line for a defense to worry about. His 2 best games were against the packers and Bears having 5 catches for 130 and no tds in the 2 games. His last 4 games he had 9 catches for just over 100 yards.

He was their best playmaker with a bad QB situation. Is he a Pro Bowl caliber guy? Hell no. But IF they can get a competent QB, with AP and the other weapons...he will and can get his. They are set up to be a great offense. They have the best back in football and decent receivers, they need the QB. And Patterson is a touchdown waiting to happen whenever he gets the ball. Out of the backfield, in the slot, at receiver, as a return man. He showed it all and will only get better.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, I am not buying what you are selling.

He was their best playmaker with a bad QB situation. Is he a Pro Bowl caliber guy? Hell no. But IF they can get a competent QB, with AP and the other weapons...he will and can get his. They are set up to be a great offense. They have the best back in football and decent receivers, they need the QB. And Patterson is a touchdown waiting to happen whenever he gets the ball. Out of the backfield, in the slot, at receiver, as a return man. He showed it all and will only get better.

Sorry. I just don't see it. Nice try though. Next