• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins caught a pass!!!!!!!!!

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda felt like they were a little quick to quit on Jenkins. He did land on a team the doesnt really use its young offensive players. Wasnt he only targeted once while he was in SF? I get that you earn your keep to get on the field but they probably should have given him a chance to produce before trading him after just one season. I think the big reason behind trading him was the front office bowing to media and fan pressure, Which to me is not a good thing at all.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda felt like they were a little quick to quit on Jenkins. He did land on a team the doesnt really use its young offensive players. Wasnt he only targeted once while he was in SF? I get that you earn your keep to get on the field but they probably should have given him a chance to produce before trading him after just one season. I think the big reason behind trading him was the front office bowing to media and fan pressure, Which to me is not a good thing at all.

Other teams find ways to get young impact guys the ball. WR Screen plays, reverse, let him return kicks. The 49ers coaching staff just had no plans on how to use him. Maybe he was so bad in practice that he couldn't remember the plays or something that we don't know.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams find ways to get young impact guys the ball. WR Screen plays, reverse, let him return kicks. The 49ers coaching staff just had no plans on how to use him. Maybe he was so bad in practice that he couldn't remember the plays or something that we don't know.

There was one guy who posted a video of practice where Jenkins won a drill and the coaches gave the other player the victory. I wonder if the way he reacted wasn't very good or if they rigged it. But the video showed that he was the winner. Doesn't mean all that much, just take it for what it's worth.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont seems to have plans for LMJ, MacDonald, Baldwin, Patton, or Hunter either. What happened to Baldwin anyway? did he get injured? cause that dude fell of the map.
I just kind of felt like they could have used Jenkins quickness (dont mean speed, though we could have used that too) on the field this year. Give 2 or 3 plays designed for him a game and he could have made a impact this season.
I didnt hate the trade cause I liked Baldwins potential but especially after this season, I do think that Jenkins will have a better career than Baldwin. Like the article said I think Jenkins will have a bigger role next year. An Avery type role. Baldwin, probably not so much.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one guy who posted a video of practice where Jenkins won a drill and the coaches gave the other player the victory. I wonder if the way he reacted wasn't very good or if they rigged it. But the video showed that he was the winner. Doesn't mean all that much, just take it for what it's worth.
hmm... maybe just trying to see what he was made of in the face of controversy and they didnt like what they were seeing.

I think everybody is different and some guys just arnt mature enough or have enough confidence in themselves to deal with that kind of stuff yet, doesnt mean he is a bad kid or that he will never be able to deal with it, but with some guys you just need to have patience and those kind of tests are not foolproof. To be honest, I think the team did a poor job in dealing with him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That was me (The conspiracy theorist). Baalke and Harbaugh's disconnect coming out this year fits well with my theory too :). Seemed like Baalke was the only guy in the org to want this pick. Remember how he kind of hyped it up too with the envelope being in the draft room(?). LMJ has gotten millions of chances, same with Kyle Williams, just makes Harbaugh come off as a coach that uses favoritism. Honestly, they didn't even try to get him the ball or on the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me (The conspiracy theorist). Baalke and Harbaugh's disconnect coming out this year fits well with my theory too :). Seemed like Baalke was the only guy in the org to want this pick. Remember how he kind of hyped it up too with the envelope being in the draft room(?). LMJ has gotten millions of chances, same with Kyle Williams, just makes Harbaugh come off as a coach that uses favoritism. Honestly, they didn't even try to get him the ball or on the field.

It seemed that Chad Hall was KC's version of Kyle Williams or LMJ in the sense they kept giving Hall a chance and he caught none (or one). These aren't exactly difficult long bombs from Smith, he was dropping dinks and dunks (not all passes are dink and dunks from Smith, but the Chad Hall passes were).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seemed that Chad Hall was KC's version of Kyle Williams or LMJ in the sense they kept giving Hall a chance and he caught none (or one). These aren't exactly difficult long bombs from Smith, he was dropping dinks and dunks (not all passes are dink and dunks from Smith, but the Chad Hall passes were).

Chad Hall must be at the top of AJ Jenkin's hit list

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont seems to have plans for LMJ, MacDonald, Baldwin, Patton, or Hunter either. What happened to Baldwin anyway? did he get injured? cause that dude fell of the map.
I just kind of felt like they could have used Jenkins quickness (dont mean speed, though we could have used that too) on the field this year. Give 2 or 3 plays designed for him a game and he could have made a impact this season.
I didnt hate the trade cause I liked Baldwins potential but especially after this season, I do think that Jenkins will have a better career than Baldwin. Like the article said I think Jenkins will have a bigger role next year. An Avery type role. Baldwin, probably not so much.

Why does Hunter not get 10 carries a game? At this point in Gores career I don't think he would mind having a little more of a break if it means he is better when they make a run.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's going to come to the point where Harbaugh will demand more say in personnel. We can't afford anymore players that Baalke likes that Harbaugh won't (or can't) play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have some serious questions about how this coaching staff uses the young talent on offense. Frankly on both sides of the ball, though Fangio was a bit more willing to rotate this past year. We just seem to go with the same looks on both sides of the ball constantly. It's hard to fault it TOO much given the results, but this team could be a lot better than it has been IMO. Especially on offense.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

For a second I thought we were talking about LaMichael James.......

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Hunter not get 10 carries a game? At this point in Gores career I don't think he would mind having a little more of a break if it means he is better when they make a run.
I agree he should definitely get at least 10 carries a game. I think the problem is Gore doesnt want to come out of the game. I think its hard to explain to a guy that is making the money and is as great a player Gore is that he needs to sit for a series or two. Also probably has to do with Gores pass blocking ability. I hope this changes next year because for so many reasons its in the best interest of the team and even Gore that he get less of a role.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to come to the point where Harbaugh will demand more say in personnel. We can't afford anymore players that Baalke likes that Harbaugh won't (or can't) play.
Wasnt there an article or something recently that said these two were at odds with one another. If thats true its, not good. They need to figure out a balance so they can both do their jobs. The thought that Harbaugh would not even try to make it work with players he didnt want in the draft to gain more power kind of bothers me.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some serious questions about how this coaching staff uses the young talent on offense. Frankly on both sides of the ball, though Fangio was a bit more willing to rotate this past year. We just seem to go with the same looks on both sides of the ball constantly. It's hard to fault it TOO much given the results, but this team could be a lot better than it has been IMO. Especially on offense.
yeah, too much wasted talent on the Niners bench this season, I think.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasnt there an article or something recently that said these two were at odds with one another. If thats true its, not good. They need to figure out a balance so they can both do their jobs. The thought that Harbaugh would not even try to make it work with players he didnt want in the draft to gain more power kind of bothers me.

This is going to be an even bigger problem when Harbaugh gets his raise/extension. I don't have the information on hand, but I'm pretty sure all the high paying coaches have a lot of control. Things are about to get really interesting.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he should definitely get at least 10 carries a game. I think the problem is Gore doesnt want to come out of the game. I think its hard to explain to a guy that is making the money and is as great a player Gore is that he needs to sit for a series or two. Also probably has to do with Gores pass blocking ability. I hope this changes next year because for so many reasons its in the best interest of the team and even Gore that he get less of a role.

How about the idea that RBs in general slow down at his age? How about the idea that he specifically is slowing down at his age? Add those to the pride he takes in his ability to run the ball, block, and catch, you bet he's not coming out if he can help it - even if it makes him more fresh or efficient. He has a career and stereotype to fight (age). Limiting his touches could create the justification to dump him. He's going to let his body, not coaches, team, or underling tell him his time is up. Maybe eventually the body will let him take a different role - otherwise, we'd have to force the issue.