• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad Brooks: Secret Superstar

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking Ray McDonald was a strong possibility. Not all that surprised by Brooks, though. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to improve. It's reasonable he would, as it was only his first season starting at OLB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brooks and Brown had great seasons last year which went basically unnoticed by most.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brooks and Brown had great seasons last year which went basically unnoticed by most.

agreed, when free agency first started i couldn't understand why Brooks garnered so little attention here? he doesn't have fancy stats but he fills a difficult spot.

without reading the article, my opinion was ALREADY.....he does all three phases well. he's a three down OLB, a difficult position to fill. didn't Whitner just cite him as having even more potential?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking Ray McDonald was a strong possibility. Not all that surprised by Brooks, though. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to improve. It's reasonable he would, as it was only his first season starting at OLB.

agree, last season i thought McDonalds play was even more key than Bowmans. this isn't "slighting" Bowman at all, just saying Mcdonald was that disruptive.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
agreed, when free agency first started i couldn't understand why Brooks garnered so little attention here? he doesn't have fancy stats but he fills a difficult spot.

without reading the article, my opinion was ALREADY.....he does all three phases well. he's a three down OLB, a difficult position to fill. didn't Whitner just cite him as having even more potential?

There was talk of Brooks getting a pretty serious contract, and Aldon has already established himself as our top OLB. If I'd known we could wrap up Brooks for the contract he got - easy to get out of, heavily incentive-laden - I would have been calling for it all along. As mentioned, he's good in all three areas, and has room to grow after only one year as a starter.