• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahkello Witherspoon

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he was fast tracked to a starting CB position with the 9ers but was "demoted" over the last 2 years seemingly mostly due to injury issues. One year contract for $4 million.

At 6'3", he has the size the Seahawks like but he seems too light, 195 lbs, to be a consistent physical line of scrimmage presence.

I am guessing he is penciled in as a starter barring injury, which could pan out but a bit worrisome. He is essentially this year's Dunbar.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are banking on Upside just like they did with Dunbar but lets hope it turns out better. Dunbar was fine till he started playing on that bad knee and you could see how it really changed his game. Fingers crossed they got this one right.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the Hawks so far this offseason. Sucks to lose Griffin but we're getting good value in return.

I don't get how teams keep signing all these players to these massive contracts yet Seattle still seems like we're on welfare. I mean Jesus... can we not sign any one but Russell Wilson at this point?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how the fuck did we not resign Carlos Dunlap? God I hate this team sometimes.

Like who the FUCK are we paying at this point? Wilson and... STUFF!? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! I guess Jamal Adams is walking after this year because for whatever reason the Starbucks tax in Washington State is consuming all the fuckin' cap room!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how the fuck did we not resign Carlos Dunlap? God I hate this team sometimes.

Like who the FUCK are we paying at this point? Wilson and... STUFF!? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! I guess Jamal Adams is walking after this year because for whatever reason the Starbucks tax in Washington State is consuming all the fuckin' cap room!

If Jamal walks it's time to clean house because what Pete and JS gave up for him is WAY to much to let him walk. Was to much period but if they let him walk in 2022 they are still giving up their 2022 1st rounder for him think about that. He could walk away in March 2022 and in April 2022 the Hawks will be sending a 1st round pick for a player they don't even have on the damn team!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jamal walks it's time to clean house because what Pete and JS gave up for him is WAY to much to let him walk. Was to much period but if they let him walk in 2022 they are still giving up their 2022 1st rounder for him think about that. He could walk away in March 2022 and in April 2022 the Hawks will be sending a 1st round pick for a player they don't even have on the damn team!

Agreed 100%. I'm ready to let Carroll walk.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%. I'm ready to let Carroll walk.

Not me, Carroll is a fine coach but he has been very inflexible and I think he needs to start letting there be more input from everyone and change his "game style" a little. It doesn't need a full overhaul it just needs some tweaking.

To be honest when I heard that there was Rumors of JS getting traded during the season I was kind of for it because it was a 1 and 2 or something like that. I don't have a lot of faith in JS right now because of the issue he has put us in with looking like TR the past few years going for "band-aid" "one year" fixes but costing the teams future.

If i see this team bring in 10-15 CB this offseason leaving no stone unturned and the Same for DE then i might get some confidence back in him but lately it's all been band-aid type moves for "that" year. The reason they ( PC and JS ) built such a good team to start with was the amount of work they put in. Sorry but they just don't seem to put in that amount of work anymore or they think they can do it better in a different way which HASN'T WORKED.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson (32)
Wagner (17.15)
Lockett (13.75)
Reed (13.5)
Brown (13)
Adams (9.86)
Jackson (9.6)

That's just shy of 60% of the cap.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the tag. With a player of that caliber he will be tagged to keep him from hitting free agency if absolutely necessary...........unless he shits the bed this year on/off the field.

Why are we jumping to such conclusions anyways? We have tons of cap room next year. Lets not head down a path of pessimism so prematurely.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Adams will get his long term deal. Next year depending on what site you go to they're currently sitting at 119-131mil under the cap. I know that will drop some but my point is they'll have plenty of room for re-signings and FA.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll be the Niner fan to give you the skinny on Witherspoon. He has prototype size/length/speed for this defense. His biggest problem is in his head. When he's confident, he's an above average player, but when that confidence gets shaken (no matter the reason), he tends to fall apart for several games in a row, and that is how he ended up a healthy scratch a time or two in SF. If the coaches or the safeties can keep him mentally confident, then he'll do well.

I think he'll do ok in Seattle, though I honestly hope he plays like shit this year. :D

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll be the Niner fan to give you the skinny on Witherspoon. He has prototype size/length/speed for this defense. His biggest problem is in his head. When he's confident, he's an above average player, but when that confidence gets shaken (no matter the reason), he tends to fall apart for several games in a row, and that is how he ended up a healthy scratch a time or two in SF. If the coaches or the safeties can keep him mentally confident, then he'll do well.

I think he'll do ok in Seattle, though I honestly hope he plays like shit this year. :D
Thanks for the info.

So consistency and confidence are an issue. I wonder how PC and the staff will address that.
I guess the big question is if he will be good enough to fill a starting role or not.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anyone who can be a CB whisperer and get a guy to regain confidence, it has to be Pete. The last SF corner we picked up turned out ok. This seems like a good low risk high reward situation.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have to commit to Jamal at this point, we gave up 2 first round picks.... If they let him walk they’re killling this roster slowly but surely... If anything trade him if it’s a must, but you can’t let him walk ...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to commit to Jamal at this point, we gave up 2 first round picks.... If they let him walk they’re killling this roster slowly but surely... If anything trade him if it’s a must, but you can’t let him walk ...
True. Unless he hits a career affecting injury, or has serious off field injury.

We have a lot of cap space next year, so negotiations will start after the designated date that next year's cap initiates.
If all else fails and worst comes to worst, we have a couple years of franchise tags to retain his rights and explore options. No need to explore trade options at any time in the foreseeable future.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get his deal. Seattle will have plenty of cap space next year.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Unless he hits a career affecting injury, or has serious off field injury.

We have a lot of cap space next year, so negotiations will start after the designated date that next year's cap initiates.
If all else fails and worst comes to worst, we have a couple years of franchise tags to retain his rights and explore options. No need to explore trade options at any time in the foreseeable future.

The problem with franchise tagging him is he becomes a cancer in the locker room, as he has already shown he's willing to do that, as that's how he got out of NY

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with franchise tagging him is he becomes a cancer in the locker room, as he has already shown he's willing to do that, as that's how he got out of NY

But the main thing in NY was they sucked lol he hated the coach and he wanted to win. So there is that, he is in a much better organization now. Also though he has stated he wants to be the highest paid safety in the game.... thats a oof. Lets see if he can become a more "rounded" safety and not just a small linebacker with stone hands. :P

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll get that far. He's happy playing out his contract without distraction and the FO gave up a ton to get him so he knows he'll get paid by us or somebody else. Well it better be us.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll get that far. He's happy playing out his contract without distraction and the FO gave up a ton to get him so he knows he'll get paid by us or somebody else. Well it better be us.
I think he extends during this coming season. I doubt it gets to the point where they would need to tag him but it is there in the holster if absolutely necessary. Letting him walk for nothing isn't an option.