• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aggies dont want play Texas

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this all because of Texas fans' arrogance....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Aggy will be willing to kill their rivalry with Sam Houston State Directional.....

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant have any interference with conference mandated fcs and sunbelt teams

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want, but this is still the saddest thing about college football today. Good rivalries gone because of greed. I know Texas isn't innocent, but there is no way this rivalry should have stopped. Way too much history for both of these schools.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is renewed it won't be played on thanksgiving.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna tell that to Kyle Allen and Kenny Hill

YES........Allen played his football in the state of AZ. He won't crack the starting lineup, IMO. Texas recruited a better recruit and higher star out of Scottsdale, AZ in Connor Brewer and he was 5th on the depth chart and transferred. Hill is OK, but nothing like JF.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES........Allen played his football in the state of AZ. He won't crack the starting lineup, IMO. Texas recruited a better recruit and higher star out of Scottsdale, AZ in Connor Brewer and he was 5th on the depth chart and transferred. Hill is OK, but nothing like JF.

I wouldn't be so sure. Sumlin has a history of developing QBs. You can't deny that. I'll wait for the stand line of "He has never had to develop his own recruit.

Back to the original subject.....

So t.u. tells A&M for 3 years that if they leave for the SEC, the longhorns will never schedule A&M. Then the excuse that Texas out of conference schedule is too full for a game with A&M. However, one unconfirmed report in a news paper about A&M saying they don't want the game makes A&M a hypocrite and the ones that are preventing the rivalry resuming? I'm sure you t-sips would just love it if A&M kept asking for the game and t.u kept saying no. It would feed that giant ego you sips have. A&M didn't wait around for t.u., they set up a Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving weekend) game with LSU. Right now, it sure looks like they traded up. Have fun with Tech on turkey day.

I for one would love to see the rivalry come back and be as big of OOC game as Clemson/South Carolina or Florida/FSU. I think it will comeback some day. There is just too much money to be made by both schools. I just wish the ADs (on both sides) would cut this shit out and either schedule the game on get the hell on with life and quit dangling the carrot in front of us fans.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure. Sumlin has a history of developing QBs. You can't deny that. I'll wait for the stand line of "He has never had to develop his own recruit.

So t.u. tells A&M for 3 years that if they leave for the SEC, the longhorns will never schedule A&M. Then the excuse that Texas out of conference schedule is too full for a game with A&M. However, one unconfirmed report in a news paper about A&M saying they don't want the game makes A&M a hypocrite and the ones that are preventing the rivalry resuming? I'm sure you t-sips would just love it if A&M kept asking for the game and t.u kept saying no. It would feed that giant ego you sips have. A&M didn't wait around for t.u., they set up a Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving weekend) game with LSU. Right now, it sure looks like they traded up. Have fun with Tech on turkey day.

I for one would love to see the rivalry come back and be as big of OOC game as Clemson/South Carolina or Florida/FSU. I think it will comeback some day. There is just too much money to be made by both schools. I just wish the ADs (on both sides) would cut this shit out and either schedule the game on get the hell on with life and quit dangling the carrot in front of us fans.

OK, I'll bite. What specific QBs has he developed? Take his entire career and enlighten me, because I really don't know that much about him outside of his time at Houston and Aggy.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have

Johnny Manziel-won the Heisman Trophy
Case Kenum- Starting NFL QB
Sam Bradford-Starting NFL QB
Rhett Broman-Good season as a freshman-till he screwed it up. Sumlin did a good job with Thompson
Reggie McNeal-was as highly regarded as VY till his senior year.

Definitely not a bad track record

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have

Rhett Broman-Good season as a freshman-till he screwed it up. Sumlin did a good job with Thompson

Case Keenum doesn't count, but I get your point.

Rhett Bomar was average. Thompson was a QB they converted to WR back to QB, he never really had a chance with him.

Reggie McNeal would have probably been one of the best QBs in the country if not for Fran changing the offense and making him run option.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have

:L

Kevin Sumlin was Special teams, Tight End and Wide Receiver coach at OU. He didn't coach the QBs and he never called the plays. Co-OC in '06,'07 was just a title given to him to look good on his resume. Kevin Wilson was the real OC those years and Josh Hepuel was the QB coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It feeds the tremendous butthurt and this same response from you over and over.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have

Eh, Keenum was developed by Dana Holgerson and Kliff Kingsbury, as Holgerson and KK were Sumlin's OC and QB's coach. Sumlin was co-OC at OU and was the WR's coach, so he had nothing to do with Bradford. Bomar sucked and McNeal sucked and Kingsbury is credited with developing JF, as he was the OC and QB's coach at A&M. Again, Sumlin has yet to develop and recruit his own QB.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Kevin Sumlin was Special teams, Tight End and Wide Receiver coach at OU. He didn't coach the QBs and he never called the plays. Co-OC in '06,'07 was just a title given to him to look good on his resume. Kevin Wilson was the real OC those years and Josh Hepuel was the QB coach.

He was the Co-Offensive coordinator in 2006 & 2007.

Oklahoma Sooners 2007 Coaching Staff

I'll take Bromar off the list if it makes you feel any better.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this proven history doesn't appear to be much of anything at all. Color me surprised.

He's had 2 Heisman caliber QBs dropped in his lap. I'll say this much though - he HAS improved JFF's pocket passing.

I'll still reserve judgement until he's recruited and coached his own handpicked QBs to success.