• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Week 9 - Who's your MVP?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this is a QB-driven league and heavily promoted as such by the NFL as well as the media, it's safe to assume that a QB will end up with the MVP vote. Minny's RB Dalvin Cook has come on like a madman recently and could slip into the conversation , especially if he continues his manic pace. And Aaron Donald might be considered if you feel like the defensive side of the ball needs to represent. But for now, as we head into Week 10, I'm narrowing it down to 5 QBs who have the best shot at the award:

Patrick Mahomes - Defending MVP, still IMHO the best QB in the NFL - but this season's most valuable? It can easily be argued yes, but he has some fierce competition.
Russell Wilson - Not sure any player is more valuable to his team at the present. He seems to be constantly having to bail out his defense.
Aaron Rodgers - As a diehard Bears fan, I say fuck Aaron Rodgers........but unfortunately, the man still remains one of the best competitors in the league.
Ben Roethlisberger - Perhaps his stats aren't quite up to snuff with the others, but all this guy does is lead his team to a W each and every week.
Drew Brees - Look who's sneaking up on the rest, as usual. Never count this guy out when the season starts to boil down. The man is as accurate a passer as there is in football.

I know I left out some other deserving names and not just at the QB position. If you have anyone not mentioned here as your MVP, feel free to opine.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this is a QB-driven league and heavily promoted as such by the NFL as well as the media, it's safe to assume that a QB will end up with the MVP vote. Minny's RB Dalvin Cook has come on like a madman recently and could slip into the conversation , especially if he continues his manic pace. And Aaron Donald might be considered if you feel like the defensive side of the ball needs to represent. But for now, as we head into Week 10, I'm narrowing it down to 5 QBs who have the best shot at the award:

Patrick Mahomes - Defending MVP, still IMHO the best QB in the NFL - but this season's most valuable? It can easily be argued yes, but he has some fierce competition.
Russell Wilson - Not sure any player is more valuable to his team at the present. He seems to be constantly having to bail out his defense.
Aaron Rodgers - As a diehard Bears fan, I say fuck Aaron Rodgers........but unfortunately, the man still remains one of the best competitors in the league.
Ben Roethlisberger - Perhaps his stats aren't quite up to snuff with the others, but all this guy does is lead his team to a W each and every week.
Drew Brees - Look who's sneaking up on the rest, as usual. Never count this guy out when the season starts to boil down. The man is as accurate a passer as there is in football.

I know I left out some other deserving names and not just at the QB position. If you have anyone not mentioned here as your MVP, feel free to opine.
Pretty much agree on all counts but Ben would not likely receive any votes again. I think it comes down to Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson when all is said and done. Although Brees really impressed me the other night. Brady was also in the conversation before that game and may get back into the mix before all is said and done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree on all counts but Ben would not likely receive any votes again. I think it comes down to Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson when all is said and done. Although Brees really impressed me the other night. Brady was also in the conversation before that game and may get back into the mix before all is said and done.
If I would have posted this say a couple of weeks ago, I might very well have had Brady in the top 5. And like you said, he can still get back into the mix. But his performance against the Saints was downright atrocious.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your list, but I also want to throw Josh Allen name in the hat as a dark horse, he's quietly having a good season so far with the Bills sitting at 7-2.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your list, but I also want to throw Josh Allen name in the hat as a dark horse, he's quietly having a good season so far with the Bills sitting at 7-2.
I think if I squeezed one more name in there, it would have been Josh's, because he's having himself a hell of a season. But I limited myself to just the top 5, so he barely missed the cut.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I meant to mention Josh Allen's name as well but forgot. My bad. The kid has been damn good this season, for the most part.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, as for RBs in the mix. Cook definitely making some noise and Kamara's combined yds look good but if McCaffery couldn't finish above 3rd in OPOY, I think it shows what little value voters place on the RB position as a whole these days. Not that Michael Thomas' and Lamar Jackson's acheivements should be diminished. My thought here is just more about the position of RB as a whole. I don't necessarily agree with that stance but it is what it is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I squeezed one more name in there, it would have been Josh's, because he's having himself a hell of a season. But I limited myself to just the top 5, so he barely missed the cut.
yeah but he had a 3 game stretch of yuck....

its mahomes or russ.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, as for RBs in the mix. Cook definitely making some noise and Kamara's combined yds look good but if McCaffery couldn't finish above 3rd in OPOY, I think it shows what little value voters place on the RB position as a whole these days. Not that Michael Thomas' and Lamar Jackson's acheivements should be diminished. My thought here is just more about the position of RB as a whole. I don't necessarily agree with that stance but it is what it is.
I personally love Kamara, the man can do it all. I like seeing other names thrown into the mix. My top 5 was not meant to be an end-all to the conversation. So much talent out there. But as I inferred earlier, the odds are pretty strong that when it's said and done, a QB will likely win the award, unless a player in some other position pretty much knocks it out of the park.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actualy i knwo russ is the fav. BUt id go rodgers or mahomes then russ.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is not the defending MVP. That would be Lamar Jackson.

For non-QB, kamara and cook are tearing it up

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers...could be the team with the best record. All 3 could throw for 40-50 TD's

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but he had a 3 game stretch of yuck....

its mahomes or russ.....

Rodgers is right there.

24/2 TD/INT and 1 fewer game than Mahones.

Hes also got the better QBR and passer rating of the 3 right now.

All 3 of them are very much in the race and its very clearly those 3 right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is right there.

See my next post after the one you quoted

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is right there.

Rodgers could be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the board here, at least to this point, it appears to be a three man race between Rodgers/Mahomes/Wilson. And I think we'd all agree that there isn't a lot of separation between them. This should go down to the wire.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think Mahomes is having his worst year so far but Mitchell Schwartz and Sammy Watkins are probably the 4th and 5th best offensive players on the team and Mahomes has been making due without. The run game has also been DOA the past two games. As such, I kinda expect Mahomes' game to actually improve in the 2nd half of the season and my guess is that he should be the favorite.

Mahomes has played 1 more game than Rodgers and Wilson so even currently he has a slight lead imo