• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

after some rational perusing...

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only seeing a couple more wins. No playoffs no way. 7-10 likely. Shirley you can talk me down.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-6 is possible.

but we have to have good guidance and decision making and good play calling from coaches.
players need to be disciplined and not show up flat.

10-7 may get us a wildcard, but other teams have to falter.

injuries and setbacks to Baltimore would give us the division, but I don't really hope for that. Baltimore should run the table at this point with an easy path to the division, we've already crapped that bed.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't beat the Steelers, we might lose out. That game is going to set the tone for the second half of the season.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine. And don't call me Shirley.

The way I see it is this..... I like us to win our remaining three division games. Pittsburgh isn't very good. Watt scares me, but if we don't turn it over as much, I think we can do more on offense than they can. I think we finally beat Cleveland. Watson's second game back - I'm still not buying that he can immediately get back to form after so much time off and I think we're due against those guys. I think we beat Baltimore in week 17, mostly because I think they'll be locked into a seed as a division champ. I also give us a win at Tampa as I think Tampa might fully implode by the time we play them. To get to 10 wins, that would leave one more needed against Tenn, Buffalo, KC, or NE. On, paper, with a healthy Reader, we're in okay shape against TN and NE. Obviously the KC and Buffalo games look difficult, but who knows what will be going on by the time we get there. Allen could be out for the year with an elbow issue. Or he could miss no time and they could be sleep-walking two weeks before the playoffs after clinching the division. Regardless, give me at least one win vs. those 4 teams and if I were gambling I'd probably suggested we'll get 2 wins against that group of 4.

Now, as @alf8478 said, if we lose our next game, I could see things unravelling very quickly. But for now, I think everything suggests that this team should compete for all of the regular season. It's interesting to me how much better this year's team is in terms of DVOA than last year's team at this time..... So, even though they've looked like dog shit for big parts of the year, the advanced stats say they've been pretty good. I think this sums up the state of the NFL.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine. And don't call me Shirley.

The way I see it is this..... I like us to win our remaining three division games. Pittsburgh isn't very good. Watt scares me, but if we don't turn it over as much, I think we can do more on offense than they can. I think we finally beat Cleveland. Watson's second game back - I'm still not buying that he can immediately get back to form after so much time off and I think we're due against those guys. I think we beat Baltimore in week 17, mostly because I think they'll be locked into a seed as a division champ. I also give us a win at Tampa as I think Tampa might fully implode by the time we play them. To get to 10 wins, that would leave one more needed against Tenn, Buffalo, KC, or NE. On, paper, with a healthy Reader, we're in okay shape against TN and NE. Obviously the KC and Buffalo games look difficult, but who knows what will be going on by the time we get there. Allen could be out for the year with an elbow issue. Or he could miss no time and they could be sleep-walking two weeks before the playoffs after clinching the division. Regardless, give me at least one win vs. those 4 teams and if I were gambling I'd probably suggested we'll get 2 wins against that group of 4.

Now, as @alf8478 said, if we lose our next game, I could see things unravelling very quickly. But for now, I think everything suggests that this team should compete for all of the regular season. It's interesting to me how much better this year's team is in terms of DVOA than last year's team at this time..... So, even though they've looked like dog shit for big parts of the year, the advanced stats say they've been pretty good. I think this sums up the state of the NFL.

yea, we've showcased what our team is capable of this season, but the consistency and bone-headedness from coaches has been problematic. The front office should theoretically be able to see that we have some major staffing problems if we can't get our collective heads out of our asses enough to squeak out a wildcard birth. And that's really all it is, some people in the Bengals staff just have their heads up their asses.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
telling me I'm overly dramatic is not talking me down mom
I have known you for years Buck. I don't think there is any talking you down my friend. All I can do is point things out and hope that your rationale and patience takes over and allows this to play out before you jump ship in the middle of the storm.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7 is my prediction. we will win a game we shouldn't and lose a game we shouldn't.

further injuries could sink us. like, if Burrow gets hurt, forget it, start dreaming of the draft.