• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Rams moved, fewer people watched the NFL in LA

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch a Rams game this year or try to? If you had the answer would be obivious.

Originally I was happy they moved back. I forgot though that it would ensure that a Rams game would be shown every week on FOX. I haven't renewed my Sunday Ticket in 2 years as I watch the Skins online for free instead. But the Skins usually play at 10 am pst here on the left coast. Before the Rams came back. I'd just watch whatever game was best at 1 pm on FOX or CBS, Or vice versa if the Skins happened to play at 1 pm pst. Ususally both games were pretty good whenever the Sklns weren't playing. Plus they were quick to go to another game if a blowout or a dud was taking place. When the Rams came back they were showed mandatory at whatever time they played. They also stopped showing two at 10 and two at 1 it was either one of the other that got the 2 games. And they completely stopped switching to other games.

It just became generally fucked up. Now that Fisher's ass is gone though. Hopefully the Rams can get on about the business of playing decent watchable football. They got off to a terrible start though.
Jeff Fisher wasn't there for 13 years. Their piece of shit owner was though. Don't expect things to change.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Fisher to make The Rams better is like treating a gun shot wound with just a band aid.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nielsen reports that 8 percent of homes in the LA market tuned in to Fox’s NFL telecasts this season — down from 8.3 percent in 2015, when the Rams were in St. Louis. These figures are for all NFL games shown on Fox, not just those of the Rams. Officials of that network were not available for comment.

All ratings are down, going from 8.3 to 8 isn't that bad considering all telecasts dropped by an eight percentage average.

A lot more people attending Rams games in LA then in St.Louis, even though they had a worse season and had a "home" game in London
Maybe the .3 were at the hame.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This report is dumb! Of course ratings would be down. Did they realize that a lot of those viewers from last year, were actually at the games this year?

Did they realize that an average football wants to see a good game with good teams? So by Fox showing the Rams every week, of course the average fan is going to pick a better game to watch.

Ratings were down everywhere, not just Fox.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have better things to do on weekends in LA. This was stated repeatedly by me and others over the past few years and also the reason why every team in LA has failed.

This is not why they left. If this was true, then why was the Rams here for 50 years? The Rams and Raiders left because they couldn't get a new stadium.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not why they left. If this was true, then why was the Rams here for 50 years? The Rams and Raiders left because they couldn't get a new stadium.

Raiders tried to use LA as leverage in Oakland (who ended up not coming through in the end). Rams left for a sweetheart stadium deal in St. Louis that the city would never be able to keep up their end for.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders tried to use LA as leverage in Oakland (who ended up not coming through in the end). Rams left for a sweetheart stadium deal in St. Louis that the city would never be able to keep up their end for.
St. Louis had an approved stadium plan before the Rams left but the NFL broke their own bylaws for money and Kroenkies willingness to pay the stadium since the city LA doesn't like football enough to do it on their own.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis had an approved stadium plan before the Rams left but the NFL broke their own bylaws for money and Kroenkies willingness to pay the stadium since the city LA doesn't like football enough to do it on their own.

Kroenke's willingness to pay for his own stadium is now a negative for LA? EVERY owner should have to fund his own stadium; then teams don't get swept off their feet by deals like the St Louis one that couldn't be held up.

That last ditch effort by St Louis was clearly not enough.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroenke's willingness to pay for his own stadium is now a negative for LA? EVERY owner should have to fund his own stadium; then teams don't get swept off their feet by deals like the St Louis one that couldn't be held up.

That last ditch effort by St Louis was clearly not enough.
I'm not sure what you're asking but LA has proven over and over again they are not an NFL city. They have 10x the population of St. Louis and still couldn't outview the shitty Rams fans in STL. IN THE YEAR IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CELEBRATION. This is exactly why the NFL knew the ONLY way to get NFL back in LA was without thee being a vote by the city for a stadium proposal.

I'll give you last ditched as they started later than they should have but it was a viable option the NFL repeatedly reneged on benchmarks in order to get the vote they never should have had as the committee voted against it.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take anything on this topic appearing in a St Louis paper with a grain of salt. I do think there will be more local interest once the palace opens. But make no mistake, LA or SD, we're fairweather fans. Win and we'll support you. Lose and we'll take advantage of the best weather on the planet, and sell our tickets to Raider fans that have little else to live for aside from their team.

And please understand the difference between fairweather and bandwagon. Fairweather fans don't change teams.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you're asking but LA has proven over and over again they are not an NFL city. They have 10x the population of St. Louis and still couldn't outview the shitty Rams fans in STL. IN THE YEAR IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CELEBRATION. This is exactly why the NFL knew the ONLY way to get NFL back in LA was without thee being a vote by the city for a stadium proposal.

I'll give you last ditched as they started later than they should have but it was a viable option the NFL repeatedly reneged on benchmarks in order to get the vote they never should have had as the committee voted against it.

You're missing a key point; 665K seats sold in 2016 (2nd in the NFL for a 4-12 team, behind only Dallas) vs 419K in 2015. The St Louis fans stayed home and watched the Rams. The Rams only sold 533K on the road, 6th worst in the league (behind the Titans, Jags, Broncos, Chiefs, and Browns).