• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Day One???

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any S worth signing?

I thought Jenkins would've made sense, but he got 5.5M per from the Eagles (too much for the Rams I guess ).

OL looks really thin already as well. The one guy they went after decided to sign with the Giants.

They can't continue to have the youngest roster in the league with very little veteran presence and expect to make a jump to playoff contenders.

They need to find some OL and a S and the market is now weak in both.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd got 6 years $54 million...No way the Rams had a shot at him with those numbers...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have a hard sell to a lot of FA's who want to win. That's not to say that the Rams can't or won't win, but I have to imagine that a lot of "elite" FA's look at the NFC West and don't see the Rams competing there for some time.

Also, the Rams can't, and probably shouldn't, compete financially with a lot of teams. The Rams don't need to break the bank and mortgage the future of the team for overpriced players.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any S worth signing?

I thought Jenkins would've made sense, but he got 5.5M per from the Eagles (too much for the Rams I guess ).

OL looks really thin already as well. The one guy they went after decided to sign with the Giants.

They can't continue to have the youngest roster in the league with very little veteran presence and expect to make a jump to playoff contenders.

They need to find some OL and a S and the market is now weak in both.
Kendrick Lewis maybe :noidea:

He's young FS, just 25 with 10 games as a starter and may come on the cheap.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Kendrick Lewis

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna mention Lewis too Vita... he would be a perfect fit IMO and then still draft Dix,Pryor or Ed Reynolds.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Terrel Brown... get better on the backside and poach from a division rival...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing some of the numbers of FA signings this year and I am thinking have at it fools. Saffold getting 42.1 million is an example. Some people have more money than brains. I like what Fisher and Snead are doing at this juncture and it should pay-off in the long run financially.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for finally speaking my language Retro. Sometimes the best purchase is no purchase at all.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we buy some draft picks from these teams that keep signing FA?? i mean how the heck can oakland sign all their draft picks :L

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we buy some draft picks from these teams that keep signing FA?? i mean how the heck can oakland sign all their draft picks :L

Because they had like 56 mil in cap room before yesterday and let 2 guys walk.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not going to be popular, but...

...I think, with all the (potential) O-line departures (Both Shelly Smith and Chris Williams could walk, as well.), combined with a tempered start to the free agency period... Sammy Watkins should pretty much be stricken from Rams fans' wish lists, if only to save a lot of heartache. We've got an abundance of young, unproven WR talent and he doesn't really stand apart from some of them. At this point, Watkins is a luxury pick. And there's just too many other, far more pressing needs.

I'd lay odds that Fisher breaks his "no-linemen-in-the-first-round" streak, starting this May.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...I think, with all the (potential) O-line departures (Both Shelly Smith and Chris Williams could walk, as well.), combined with a tempered start to the free agency period... Sammy Watkins should pretty much be stricken from Rams fans' wish lists, if only to save a lot of heartache. We've got an abundance of young, unproven WR talent and he doesn't really stand apart from some of them. At this point, Watkins is a luxury pick. And there's just too many other, far more pressing needs.

I'd lay odds that Fisher breaks his "no-linemen-in-the-first-round" streak, starting this May.

...with the 13th pick maybe. I can't imagine he will go from no 1st rounder OL to taking one at #2. The only way I would take Watkins off the board is if they signed Nicks, who could delay that need a year or two. There are plenty of rounds to draft linemen, especially guards. Anybody they get in day 2 is probably automatically an upgrade over Smith and Williams.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...with the 13th pick maybe. I can't imagine he will go from no 1st rounder OL to taking one at #2. The only way I would take Watkins off the board is if they signed Nicks, who could delay that need a year or two. There are plenty of rounds to draft linemen, especially guards. Anybody they get in day 2 is probably automatically an upgrade over Smith and Williams.

If Clowney is there we take the best player on the board! I don't think Snead is giving up on his golden boy (Quick) after 2 years.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno about that.......as we sit right now

J long / Jones / Wells-barnes / Saffold / Barksdale.
This Oline isn't bad by any means. I understand that are a couple of question marks on the online with center and Longs injury but I think we pick up a serviceable guard and tackle later on in the draft and focus on difference makers in the first 2-3 rounds. Maybe start in the 3rd if someone falls. You guys have to remember we cant invest EVERYTHING into our Oline. We've done that before with Spags and Linehan and that didn't work at all.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clowney is there we take the best player on the board! I don't think Snead is giving up on his golden boy (Quick) after 2 years.

If Clowney is still there at #2 unless we get a delivery from the Brinks truck for the pick how do you pass on the #1 rated player in the draft? Quite correct, he doesn't fill an immediate need, but when you have the opportunity to draft talent like that, it transcends need. We can still get a quality need player at #13. There'll still be quality at WR, DB, Safety, or OL at that point. This is a deep draft.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Clowney is the best player in the draft. I'd say Watkins or Mathews are. I think Clowney will bust for sure. JMHO of course.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we'll have to bet a bucket of those ribs you're so fond of Jacob. I bet Clowney will be a beast and in the Pro Bowl within two years, three at the most, wherever he ends up.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we'll have to bet a bucket of those ribs you're so fond of Jacob. I bet Clowney will be a beast and in the Pro Bowl within two years, three at the most, wherever he ends up.

Deal!!! I'll hold you to it :suds: so you better hold me to it!