• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Week 3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN...3-0, won @BAL
PIT...2-1, won @STL
CLE...1-2, lost vs OAK
BAL...0-3, lost vs CIN

CIN...they're starting to look like a serious playoff contender...I caught a little of this game. BAL OFC just looked ugly for most of the 1st half and after fighting back and actually taking the lead on a turnover...AJ Green torched Williams twice for 6 late and that was a wrap.

PIT...a win is a win. Regroup for a run with Vick at QB...hoping for Ben back by wk 8 so 4 games with the back up...OFC needs to rally around Vick, and DEF needs to take another step.

CLE...did not see any of this game, but it looks like CLE had a chance late. Browns don't look as good as the '14 version right now.

BAL...OFC looks like I expected...struggling early...the DEF though I did not expect to be as porous...the backend is not a whole lot better than LY...idt this Raven team will make the 0-3 to playoff run unless they have a big boost on OFC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Clearly the team to beat. They are playing flat out great football right now on both sides of the ball. This is on par with the past few seasons. We'll see if they can finish or not. Tough 3 game stretch coming up: KC, SEA, @BUF. They could be 3-3 when they come to Heinz field in week 7.

PIT... Season is in limbo until we see how Vick does. I think he will bridge the gap fairly well, but on a short week to Baltimore with a smaller amount of 1st team reps... I'm not expecting much this week. If this team can go 2-2 during Ben's absence and get 1 divisional win, then they will be in great shape.

BAL... Tough opening schedule due to travel distances. Should have been able to piece together a win by now. Defense definitely took a step back. I've been hearing chatter amongst the Raven fans about the team being unhappy with the DC. Could see Harbaugh pull another coordinator swap midseason.

CLE... They are simply average. Defense is talented, but still rounding into form. They need more returns from their young players. Offense still hinges on the QB. Clearly McCown & Manziel are nothing more than career backups. And the talent surrounding the QB is average as well. They need to invest more into the offense to make this team a contender. Maybe next year if/when Gordon comes back they'll look more threatening lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Clearly the team to beat. They are playing flat out great football right now on both sides of the ball. This is on par with the past few seasons. We'll see if they can finish or not. Tough 3 game stretch coming up: KC, SEA, @BUF. They could be 3-3 when they come to Heinz field in week 7.

PIT... Season is in limbo until we see how Vick does. I think he will bridge the gap fairly well, but on a short week to Baltimore with a smaller amount of 1st team reps... I'm not expecting much this week. If this team can go 2-2 during Ben's absence and get 1 divisional win, then they will be in great shape.

BAL... Tough opening schedule due to travel distances. Should have been able to piece together a win by now. Defense definitely took a step back. I've been hearing chatter amongst the Raven fans about the team being unhappy with the DC. Could see Harbaugh pull another coordinator swap midseason.

CLE... They are simply average. Defense is talented, but still rounding into form. They need more returns from their young players. Offense still hinges on the QB. Clearly McCown & Manziel are nothing more than career backups. And the talent surrounding the QB is average as well. They need to invest more into the offense to make this team a contender. Maybe next year if/when Gordon comes back they'll look more threatening lol.

CIN...there you go...can they finish?...what was odd is they pretty much let BAL back in the game and actually were losing in the 4th...The Ravens normally close that game out, but not this one a 80 yd bomb to AJ and another great 80 yd drive ending with another AJ TD...kind of scary actually...it's like they lost focus and regained it.

That said...Flacco had 2:10 plus a timeout in his pocket and did zlich...not even really under much duress on that last drive...it was Steve Smith or Steve Smith...the next highest guy was targeted maybe 5 or 7.

PIT...more on them this week, but I like the chances @ home if Vick is not turning the ball over...they don't need to score 35 in this one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN...there you go...can they finish?...what was odd is they pretty much let BAL back in the game and actually were losing in the 4th...The Ravens normally close that game out, but not this one a 80 yd bomb to AJ and another great 80 yd drive ending with another AJ TD...kind of scary actually...it's like they lost focus and regained it.

That said...Flacco had 2:10 plus a timeout in his pocket and did zlich...not even really under much duress on that last drive...it was Steve Smith or Steve Smith...the next highest guy was targeted maybe 5 or 7.

PIT...more on them this week, but I like the chances @ home if Vick is not turning the ball over...they don't need to score 35 in this one.
CINvsBAL... Seems to me like a classic case of not finishing. They got up early and decided to let up or coast the rest of the game out. They lost the intensity and got caught with their pants down. Luckily Dalton & Green were clutch to close it out.

BAL... They just don't have very many options outside of Smith & Gilmore. Trestman's offense did well in CHI because of the WRs they had there. Now he's deploying basic packages to cover up the inadequacies in the offense. They just need 1 more guy to step up and be a playmaker. If they get that, then it will open up the offense more. It also doesn't help that the O-line isn't performing as well as expected. They look worse than last season. I still think this team will pull it together. Harbaugh is a good coach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CINvsBAL... Seems to me like a classic case of not finishing. They got up early and decided to let up or coast the rest of the game out. They lost the intensity and got caught with their pants down. Luckily Dalton & Green were clutch to close it out.

BAL... They just don't have very many options outside of Smith & Gilmore. Trestman's offense did well in CHI because of the WRs they had there. Now he's deploying basic packages to cover up the inadequacies in the offense. They just need 1 more guy to step up and be a playmaker. If they get that, then it will open up the offense more. It also doesn't help that the O-line isn't performing as well as expected. They look worse than last season. I still think this team will pull it together. Harbaugh is a good coach.

CIN...they're 3-0, so I can't take that away...just how good are they...we can't answer that until Jan.

BAL...yeah I tend to agree, I was surprised at the 4Q TDs again that DEF @ home...but I'm not thinking they have enough on OFC to pull out of this hole...at this point 9 wins is a fairly high bar....yes, Gilmore needs take it to another level and Perriman does what M Bryant did for PIT....maybe.