• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC East Week 1

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills @Ravens
Dolphins @ Seahawks
Patriots @ Cardinals
Bengals @ Jets

No Trolls please................

Looking at the AFC East Week 1 schedule and I in all honesty, this division could all be 0-1 come Monday morning. Pats, Bills and Fins are all on the road against extremely tough opponents. Even though they're playing at home the Jets don't have a cupcake facing the Bengals.

From my cheap seats, I'd venture to say that the Bills and Dolphins have the slimmest chance of notching a win. The Ravens are a tough team to beat at home and most teams play well in their first home game of the season, especially if they're not playing the iron of their own division. Ravens 31- Bills 13.
Just trying to play in Seattle is a miserable experience for any team because they have to play 11 on 12. The fan base really causes problems for the opposing QB. Seahawks 27 Dolphins 10.

The Jets are home and they finally have Fitzpatrick signed. The question remains.....Was 2015 the year that Fitzpatrick finally fit into a team that allowed him to exceed anything he'd done previously in his entire life? Or were the stars and planets in perfect alignment and everything was perfect? Will Fitz return to his former self or continue to be the New Fitz? The Bengals are pretty much healed up and still have a full stable of horses ready to run. Bengals 24 Jets 23

We know exactly what the Cardinals bring to the table. A defense that blitzes 60% of the game. With an unknown at QB for the Patriots and the Patriots trying to fill holes on the offensive line after one week of training camp, can they block well enough for JG to make the passing game work? Is JG fast enough to get out of the pocket and throw on the move? Can the revised Patriots defense hold their ground cause Palmer to make mistakes?

IMO, I think the Patriots defense will take of business. I think Garappolo has the release speed to get the ball where he needs to get it. Patriots are 5.5 point underdogs. Patriots 18 Cardinals 13

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to venture a guess I would say Bills are the only team that wins in the division week 1. Baltimore yes is a tough opponent in Baltimore but they have so many key players coming back from injury that it will take a while to get everybody on the same page and working well together. Throw in the Bills for the most part return their coaching staff and team from last year that showed some decent promise. So I think they get a win week 1.

Miami to me will have a tough year with a new coaching staff trying to get things figured out and quite a few new moving pieces among the players as well. Then going up against the Seahawks well I don't see that one being pretty at all especially in Seattle.

The Jets at home is who I would give the 2nd biggest chance to get a win just because they are home. Beyond that though Cincy has more talent and are a great regular season team.

Patriots are just so hard to gauge because of the unknown at QB. Going to Arizona is why I give this win to Arizona. They have a top-5 defense and what should be a top-5 offense once again this year. They can beat you so many ways. I just think with the unknown at the QB position, on the road, and honestly so many WR's still missing time so Jimmy G doesn't have the time to build up the chemistry with them that he needs at this time of the year I just see Arizona getting this one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are just so hard to gauge because of the unknown at QB. Going to Arizona is why I give this win to Arizona. They have a top-5 defense and what should be a top-5 offense once again this year. They can beat you so many ways. I just think with the unknown at the QB position, on the road, and honestly so many WR's still missing time so Jimmy G doesn't have the time to build up the chemistry with them that he needs at this time of the year I just see Arizona getting this one.

Hey CD, What's your thoughts on the Panthers/Broncos game? I think the Broncos might be able to pull off the upset but I still wonder if the Panthers can revert to the team that was 16-0 last year. Seriously, this is a tough call.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey CD, What's your thoughts on the Panthers/Broncos game? I think the Broncos might be able to pull off the upset but I still wonder if the Panthers can revert to the team that was 16-0 last year. Seriously, this is a tough call.

The Broncos are somewhat in that same place as the Patriots. With such an unknown at the QB position I just have no clue how they will do early on in the season. I'm thinking it might take another incredible performance like in the Super Bowl by our defense for us to win. Now we have the home crowd which is a huge boost and we should have a much better run game than what we brought to the Super Bowl with a healthy OL and our RB's now entering year 2 in this system. Again though just no clue at the QB position. I've counted it as a win for the Broncos because it is a home game and that place will be going crazy but I'm 50/50 right now. If one of the QB's really separates themselves over the next few weeks and really shows well in the preseason it will go a long way in me feeling better about our chances.