• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson or Murray?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say Murray was better or that he'd get McCoy money? I simply countered the "Running backs for some reason are not getting the big money" statement.
I don't know what Murray will get on the OPEN market, but we'll just go with you he can't price himself out idea and call this discussion over. I'm tired of trying to argue absolutes in the NFL.

Don't know why you're frustrated sorry if you felt like 'm attacking you cause i'm not. I just didn't agree with your view. My basic point is I think it's easier to find another guy in the draft instead of breaking the bank on Murray with our cap situation and I think our OL can support making most rb better. To me the way I read that you did kind of suggest that I will re-read it though.:suds:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will get minimum, but if he does, I doubt he signs more than a one year deal. You ready to give up Murray for one year of AP?

I think I made it pretty clear that I would prefer AP and anyone else convicted of these crimes to be out of football completely but I'm not sure why the Cowboys would have to settle for Murray or AP. If the latter does play again he won't be playing for $12M a season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why you're frustrated sorry if you felt like 'm attacking you cause i'm not. I just didn't agree with your view. My basic point is I think it's easier to find another guy in the draft instead of breaking the bank on Murray with our cap situation and I think our OL can support making most rb better. To me the way I read that you did kind of suggest that I will re-read it though.:suds:

Never said you attacked anyone. Difference is I say Murray "could" price himself out of Dallas and you say he "can't". I just don't feel like arguing absolute statements. Never liked absolute statements when talking nfl future, because we just don't know. He could get hurt in practice and lose a lot of $$$ or he could hit 2000 yards and make $$$$.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my fear if we go another direction instead of keeping Murray, is that we revert back to passing it 50 times a game & running it 12.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy has a fresh contract for over 7M per.

Murray is no McCoy, Also look at McCoy this season. He's not fairing so well, wonder if Philly is regretting that deal?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you attacked anyone. Difference is I say Murray "could" price himself out of Dallas and you say he "can't". I just don't feel like arguing absolute statements. Never liked absolute statements when talking nfl future, because we just don't know. He could get hurt in practice and lose a lot of $$$ or he could hit 2000 yards and make $$$$.
:agree: I;m not saying he can't I'm saying if he does because of our cap just replace him. The kid in Nebraska looks really good to me, but you right none of us no. It's all just opinions

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say Murray was better or that he'd get McCoy money? I simply countered the "Running backs for some reason are not getting the big money" statement.
I don't know what Murray will get on the OPEN market, but we'll just go with you he can't price himself out idea and call this discussion over. I'm tired of trying to argue absolutes in the NFL.

I was talking about running backs over all. There are only a couple of backs who could get away with that type of money. Murray isn't one of them.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about running backs over all. There are only a couple of backs who could get away with that type of money. Murray isn't one of them.
:agree:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I made it pretty clear that I would prefer AP and anyone else convicted of these crimes to be out of football completely but I'm not sure why the Cowboys would have to settle for Murray or AP. If the latter does play again he won't be playing for $12M a season.

I agree with you on the convicted players being thrown out. No I don't think AP would get 12M next season, but I doubt he takes less than 8M, still to high for Dallas. Mike Vick was convicted and spent time in prison, yet he still made plenty. As for settling for Murray, well I don't think they will if his price is crazy high.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let him hit 1800+ yards. He will have teams out bidding each other for him. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him hit 1800+ yards. He will have teams out bidding each other for him. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope he does hit 1800 yards, then the Cowboys should be in great position to make the playoffs. Highly doubt he gets that many though. Not even the great Emmitt Smith hit 1800 yards and he had the greatest O-line of all times. I get your point though, we will have to wait and see.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly regret resigning McCoy? Is this a joke. He got that last year and proptly had the single greatest season an Eagle RB ever had with over 2100 yards. He has one game running behind 4 bench players at OLine and now they are regretting it. Come on. He's lethal in that system.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly regret resigning McCoy? Is this a joke. He got that last year and proptly had the single greatest season an Eagle RB ever had with over 2100 yards. He has one game running behind 4 bench players at OLine and now they are regretting it. Come on. He's lethal in that system.

He has 60 carries for 175 yards this season in three games, an average of 2.9 yards per carry. He has 10 receptions for 64 yards. He has not been exactly lethal this season so far.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he does then its time to replace him in the draft. Don'tover pay for RB and LB (4-3) we can't afford it. I hope he does run for 1800 yds. We will surley make the playoffs.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 60 carries for 175 yards this season in three games, an average of 2.9 yards per carry. He has 10 receptions for 64 yards. He has not been exactly lethal this season so far.

Not playing well at all, but the OLine is a total mess right now. Birds are thankful they could fit Sproles into their system.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, imo he's the most gifted RB in the league now that AP's out and they're probably not too far apart - just completely different style. I think some of the reason for the lack of huge numbers is the addition of Sproles. Big numbers come from, in part, big plays and you have to be on the field for those - McCoy on field/touching less and not being in at the right time (key) combined with the eagles playing from behind in each of their first games and Foles blossoming like a fucking powerpuff girl.. In short, he'll be alright imo.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason it dropped down to 2.9 per was because of this last game. In the previous two he had averaged over 100 yards rushing and receiving. His first two games they got Sproles involved a ton and he was still on his way for over a 1600 yard season. It sounds more like you're hoping he's having a bad season when the truth is he had one bad game with a bunch of dudes off the street playing OLine.

I expected his numbers to drop a little because they know what a superstar he is and brought Sproles in to lessen the amount of carries he had. Lesean McCoy will bounce back sooner or later. I think he is the best RB in the NFL because of our system. AP is obviously the better pure RB. Literally heres the Eagles situation.

Stud RT suspended four games. Top OLine back up is out with an injury so plug in 3rd string RT
RG is steady with an average Herramins not hurt
C Kelce is by far the best Center in the NFL and he's out 8 weeks.
LG Evan Mathis 1st team All Pro is out for 8 weeks
LT All Pro Jason Peters was out for 1/2 game for fighting.

Not to mention our 2nd top back up is out too. 2 guys were playing last Sunday who werent even on the team 2 weeks ago. THis has to effect Lesean McCoy and might for a while but he is 26 and is supremely talented.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does then its time to replace him in the draft. Don'tover pay for RB and LB (4-3) we can't afford it. I hope he does run for 1800 yds. We will surley make the playoffs.

Hence the reason I said if Murray prices himself out of Dallas we need to go with Randall and a draft pick.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the reason I said if Murray prices himself out of Dallas we need to go with Randall and a draft pick.
you mean Dunbar & a draft pick don't you?