• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson or Murray?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is habitually injured, AP is not. That goes a long way in my book as well.

True but Murray did make it through most of the season last year and looks good so far this season. He missed two games last season but so did AP. AP missed 2 games last season, 4 in 2011, 1 in 2010, and 2 in 2007. He will miss 15 more than likely this season. Not to mention he is 30 years old and injuries seem to be more common on the back side of 30. Truth is you are going to miss some games while talking a pounding in the NFL.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me a 30 year old RB missing basically an entire season because of two charges of child abuse won't command a substantial amount of money this off season. I think the league would be best of cutting ties with him altogether but he'll be signing a minimum contract in 2015.

I don't think he will get minimum, but if he does, I doubt he signs more than a one year deal. You ready to give up Murray for one year of AP?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as well as I that's to going to happen.

No doubt. Murray is going to be a tricky situation. If he stays healthy the entire year, he's going to have 1500 yards rushing. With the Cowboys cap situation, I'm guessing they would have to give him more years to resign him, because someone else will be able to offer more money on a shorter termed deal. Giving big money to a RB on a deal that will run till he is in his 30's, when his contract year was his only healthy season.....they almost have to do the deal, but the same was said about Romo and Lee.....

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Murray is going to be a tricky situation. If he stays healthy the entire year, he's going to have 1500 yards rushing. With the Cowboys cap situation, I'm guessing they would have to give him more years to resign him, because someone else will be able to offer more money on a shorter termed deal. Giving big money to a RB on a deal that will run till he is in his 30's, when his contract year was his only healthy season.....they almost have to do the deal, but the same was said about Romo and Lee.....

Running backs for some reason are not getting the big money they once were, this is now a passing league for the most part. So I really do see a deal getting done unless he just goes crazy on his asking price, and if he does he won't be playing next year. Who is going to break the bank for a guy who hasn't played but one entire season, if he makes it injury free this year that is? The Romo deal was crazy IMO, and so was the Lee deal, Romo is getting old and Lee has never stayed healthy dating all the way back to college. Not sure what Jerry was thinking.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on AP. Franchise Murray next season, and possibly once more the season after that. Look for a potential replacement in the middle rounds of the next draft, or possibly the draft after that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant franchise Murray if Dez isnt resigned. AP is one of the greatest football players to ever play this game but he just doesnt seem like the missing link for Dallas. He is going to get over 10 million per year and does your RB situation need a 10 million dollar upgrade? He may want to be a Cowboy and that will help in negotiations but probably the greatest football player of the last 10 years aint coming cheap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on AP. Franchise Murray next season, and possibly once more the season after that. Look for a potential replacement in the middle rounds of the next draft, or possibly the draft after that.

can't franchise Murray and Dez. and sign Dez may not be able to afford to franchise a RB.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't franchise Murray and Dez. and sign Dez may not be able to afford to franchise a RB.

Why is the assumption that the only possible outcome for Dez is a franchise tag? Since when does Jerry not overpay guys that have produced for him?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With RB's being the stepchild of the NFL now can they price themselves out. outside of AP who was the last RB that broke the bank?

In Free agency you have no idea what his price will be. If a team offers him 7 to 8 per do you resign him?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant franchise Murray if Dez isnt resigned. AP is one of the greatest football players to ever play this game but he just doesnt seem like the missing link for Dallas. He is going to get over 10 million per year and does your RB situation need a 10 million dollar upgrade? He may want to be a Cowboy and that will help in negotiations but probably the greatest football player of the last 10 years aint coming cheap.

If AP is released Dallas wouldn't be on the hook for 10M. Franchising Murray will cost a little over 7M. That is if AP is still with the Viks. If he's released the franchise tag for RB drops to under 6M. Still to high for our cap.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running backs for some reason are not getting the big money they once were, this is now a passing league for the most part. So I really do see a deal getting done unless he just goes crazy on his asking price, and if he does he won't be playing next year. Who is going to break the bank for a guy who hasn't played but one entire season, if he makes it injury free this year that is? The Romo deal was crazy IMO, and so was the Lee deal, Romo is getting old and Lee has never stayed healthy dating all the way back to college. Not sure what Jerry was thinking.

McCoy has a fresh contract for over 7M per.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Free agency you have no idea what his price will be. If a team offers him 7 to 8 per do you resign him?

No way with his history does or should he command that kind of contract if he does have a good career buddy. If he walks I think this new OL can facilitate any RB with good Talent. If he walks I have no problem drafting the kid from Nebraska in the second round.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Mistake the Cowboys have made time and time again a guy has one great season and its still early and we give him the moon. I think RB is viewed like LB these days don't break the bank on these guys.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy has a fresh contract for over 7M per.

Mc coy is one of the 3 best RB in the league and has proven himself to be very durable and an all out weapon. Murray looks to be pretty dang good but I don't think he's on par with Mc coy as a complete and dependable back. That's not going to be a popular opinion I know but its the opinion I have.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mc coy is one of the 3 best RB in the league and has proven himself to be very durable and an all out weapon. Murray looks to be pretty dang good but I don't think he's on par with Mc coy as a complete and dependable back. That's not going to be a popular opinion I know but its the opinion I have.

Did I say Murray was better or that he'd get McCoy money? I simply countered the "Running backs for some reason are not getting the big money" statement.
I don't know what Murray will get on the OPEN market, but we'll just go with you he can't price himself out idea and call this discussion over. I'm tired of trying to argue absolutes in the NFL.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB is NOT the missing link in Dallas by any means.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to ap old backs fade. As much as i like Murray i have to say his fumbling issues are alarming