• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A thread that has nothing to do with the Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about that. KAT being terrible defensively at the 4 is less damaging than the layup line he allowed at the 5. He is negative on that end of the court no matter where he plays. Gobert will clean up his inadequacy better than Vanderbilt. It will be a net gain on defense. The defense will move from bottom 10 defense to around top 10 I think. The question I have is how much offense will they lose. I bet they lose more offensive efficiency than they gain in defense.

I don’t think they will improve defensively.

Because they will be much worse guarding the perimeter than they were last year.

Rim protection is as valuable in 2022 as it used to be. Have to be able to guard the 3 point line and stay in front of guys.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they will be much worse guarding the perimeter than they were last year.

Rim protection is as valuable in 2022 as it used to be. Have to be able to guard the 3 point line and stay in front of guys.

Their forwards are all best at the 4. It's a very weird roster construction.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their peremiter defenders are no worse than the Jazz put out there and they have been top 10 defense with Gobert basically every year. I think improvement on defense is almost a sure thing barring injury.

The question is, come playoff time are they going to be deadweight like the Jazz and let Gobert take the full blame? Most likely.

Terrible trade, they will be lucky to avoid the play in game still. Now instead of being all offense they will be a balanced mediocre.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "trainwreck of an FO" has a more recent title than 27 other franchises.
Because LeBron carried them... Pelinka is technically the GM, but is he actually the #1 voice in that FO? No one knows for sure. Jeanie is more equipped to lead a soap opera than a basketball team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because LeBron carried them... Pelinka is technically the GM, but is he actually the #1 voice in that FO? No one knows for sure. Jeanie is more equipped to lead a soap opera than a basketball team.
When has the star player NOT been the reason for a title? It was not just Lebron, clearly AD played a major role. It's all about health.