• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Tale of two cities.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost congrats to the Jaguars they flat out beat the dog snot out of the Pats yesterday, they are the better team which brings me to the point.

The Jags and The Browns were both very bad for a long time the Browns worse than the Jags thus gaining more 1st overall picks in the draft. The Jags went out and hired a coach that built his staff, got a GM / VP that knows the game, drafted wisely and worked free agency with some finesse. The Jags were last year and are this year a SB contender. Conversely the Browns still appear to be a very bad football teams, they seem to find way's to lose vs way's to wins. Their head coach in three years is 1-32-1 and yet he hangs around. I see talented players on this team that will likely walk when their rookie contracts are up. Is it coaching, ownership, operations or some wild combination of all three. If it's ownership I can't see this team getting better.

What must they do to turn this team around?

Mariners are the same way, never been to a World Series, had a beast of a team in the 90’s that they dismantled, 2001 set a season record for wins, didn’t sniff the World Series... Now they’ve had 17 years of top draft picks and they have an aging roster, worst minor league system in the league, no exciting young prospects, and once again won’t make the playoffs... Mariners ownership has been one of the biggest failures in pro sports....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely, JAX paid and released a FA TE (name escapes me, but recently retired) they paid a lot of money to attract. Marcell Dareus is probably ideal as a 34 NT, but they're making it work with him in their 43 front.

I'm with you...JAX is doing a whole lot more than CLE is right now, and CLE has been a bad football team. Until they actually win something it's not a comparable situation.

My only point here is JAX came from a very similar situation that CLE is in right now. If you go into the Saints or Steelers locker room and ask them if the Browns suck, they will probably say dumb question, didn't you just see us struggled with them.

Okay well for the last two + years now they have been the worse team in the NFL that is beyond contesting.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are the same way, never been to a World Series, had a beast of a team in the 90’s that they dismantled, 2001 set a season record for wins, didn’t sniff the World Series... Now they’ve had 17 years of top draft picks and they have an aging roster, worst minor league system in the league, no exciting young prospects, and once again won’t make the playoffs... Mariners ownership has been one of the biggest failures in pro sports....
Yeah it's baseball don't care.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' hated that book in High School. I don't remember anything about it, but I remember it was pure agony forcing myself to read that shit after I failed a pop quiz.

Dunno why schools are forcing kids to read that garbage. My solution, have them read Cujo, a story about a rabid killer dog! I mean it accomplishes the same thing end of day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Coughlin.

He put together a great, ok really good, Giants team and now is President of Football Operations or some title close to that, with the Jags.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland just got the front office fixed earlier this year before the draft. Problems in a team go farther up than the coaching staff. Cleveland will be fine with the people they have running the team now

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland just got the front office fixed earlier this year before the draft. Problems in a team go farther up than the coaching staff. Cleveland will be fine with the people they have running the team now
So you really think Hue Jackson is a reasonable option for them? Because it the front office is not coaching this team. And it's been noted the talent is in place. While I agree that will help it damn sure aint the answer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think Hue Jackson is a reasonable option for them? Because it the front office is not coaching this team. And it's been noted the talent is in place. While I agree that will help it damn sure aint the answer.

It's easy to point at his record and say no way Jackson can do this. The record is a by-product of pretty thorough gut job and starting a kid at QB LY that probably should've still been in college.

Yes, they have some talent, but a lot of youth and some questions that still need to be answered...still need a legit LT, and most importantly, they need to see if Mayfield is the long term answer at QB.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think when the new front office got there they were more concerned about the draft that was in front of them and is kind of hard to fire and bring in a new coach just as the off season training is about to start. There could very well be a new head coach next season. Maybe with better talent the Browns show improvement with the current coaching staff. It is hard to assume the Browns stay put with what they have over the next several years. Most ftont offices and GMs want their own caoch

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure i'm buying the Jags being a super bowl team with Bortles under center ... he just strikes me as the type of guy that's not capable of stepping up in big moments in January. He was 'efficient' in the playoffs last year but most of the time in the playoffs, a team needs their QB to make some big plays to keep winning every week. I think the Bortles problem caught up with them in the New England game.