• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Tale of two cities.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost congrats to the Jaguars they flat out beat the dog snot out of the Pats yesterday, they are the better team which brings me to the point.

The Jags and The Browns were both very bad for a long time the Browns worse than the Jags thus gaining more 1st overall picks in the draft. The Jags went out and hired a coach that built his staff, got a GM / VP that knows the game, drafted wisely and worked free agency with some finesse. The Jags were last year and are this year a SB contender. Conversely the Browns still appear to be a very bad football teams, they seem to find way's to lose vs way's to wins. Their head coach in three years is 1-32-1 and yet he hangs around. I see talented players on this team that will likely walk when their rookie contracts are up. Is it coaching, ownership, operations or some wild combination of all three. If it's ownership I can't see this team getting better.

What must they do to turn this team around?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get a better feel for the Browns once they wisely insert Baker Mayfield

Tyrod Taylor is the same guy he's always been, won't kill ya with turnovers, won't make enough plays to win you games

So maybe they finally have gotten it right with this draft class, the defense is playing at a pretty good level, they just need to turn to the #1 pick and find out

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get a better feel for the Browns once they wisely insert Baker Mayfield

Tyrod Taylor is the same guy he's always been, won't kill ya with turnovers, won't make enough plays to win you games

So maybe they finally have gotten it right with this draft class, the defense is playing at a pretty good level, they just need to turn to the #1 pick and find out
Well we'll see if that is the difference.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it is Hue Jackson also, the record speaks for itself that the wrong guy is leading this team

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to give the Jags a glowing endorsement when they have blatantly ignored the QB position.

For every 2015 Broncos and 2000 Ravens, there are lot of Mark Sanchez era Jets in there.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to give the Jags a glowing endorsement when they have blatantly ignored the QB position.

For every 2015 Broncos and 2000 Ravens, there are lot of Mark Sanchez era Jets in there.
Actually Bortles is developing does he make some mistakes? Of course but he is limiting them now and is reading the field a lot better. Is he Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady? No of course not but he's not Ryan Leaf either somewhere around the Eli range can be great one week and sub par the next

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Bortles is developing does he make some mistakes? Of course but he is limiting them now and is reading the field a lot better. Is he Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady? No of course not but he's not Ryan Leaf either somewhere around the Eli range can be great one week and sub par the next
I don't think I buy that at this point in time. If he's doing that through another season, maybe I'll listen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to you. Obviously the Jags like him.

He's definitely improved, 2 years ago you couldn't imagine him winning a game like that yesterday, and his play being a big part of that win

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely improved, 2 years ago you couldn't imagine him winning a game like that yesterday, and his play being a big part of that win
And you cannot underestimate his mobility either. As I said I feel he's come a long way. When Fournette gets healthy with that D and his improvements I can see the Jags in the SB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you cannot underestimate his mobility either. As I said I feel he's come a long way. When Fournette gets healthy with that D and his improvements I can see the Jags in the SB.

They are a serious threat for sure

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the jags had that gawd dayum khan mooslim guy come in with his dirty money and build a pool in the stadium.

He’s running the league I tell ya

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags went out and hired a coach that built his staff, got a GM / VP that knows the game, drafted wisely and worked free agency with some finesse. The Jags were last year and are this year a SB contender. Conversely the Browns still appear to be a very bad football teams, they seem to find way's to lose vs way's to wins. Their head coach in three years is 1-32-1 and yet he hangs around. I see talented players on this team that will likely walk when their rookie contracts are up. Is it coaching, ownership, operations or some wild combination of all three. If it's ownership I can't see this team getting better.

What must they do to turn this team around?

I'm going to disagree a little bit here. Getting beat twice by the Jags LY has forced me to respect the team they put out on the field. Clearly they are a better team than they were under the Bradley regime. Where I disagree is CLE is still a very bad team.

So far this season, they are still making mistakes at inopportune times, but they have played two playoff caliber rosters and could very well be 2-0...they are 0-1-1.

Hue probably won't be the HC to lead the Browns out of the wilderness, much like Gus Bradley was not that guy for JAX, but the Browns look like a pro football team right now.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns have a competent kicker then they're 2-0. They've got their franchise QB waiting in the wings. They've got what appears to be a really tough defense. They're looking a whole lot better than they have the last couple of years.

Bortles is Bortles but they're not trying to win on his back. Their game is league-best defense + enough offense to get through. It remains to be seen if it can take them to a superbowl, but really, the goal is to get to the superbowl first. From that perspective, they're in really nice shape. I wouldn't be surprised at all see the Rams vs. Jaguars in the superbowl.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree a little bit here. Getting beat twice by the Jags LY has forced me to respect the team they put out on the field. Clearly they are a better team than they were under the Bradley regime. Where I disagree is CLE is still a very bad team.

So far this season, they are still making mistakes at inopportune times, but they have played two playoff caliber rosters and could very well be 2-0...they are 0-1-1.

Hue probably won't be the HC to lead the Browns out of the wilderness, much like Gus Bradley was not that guy for JAX, but the Browns look like a pro football team right now.

Problem with The Browns appears to be they also play Pro Teams. As I said I feel they are a very talented team they just find way's to lose and IMO that is coaching. The only thing Hue did worth noting was being inept, his ineptitude has allowed the Browns to stack talent he just lacks the coaching to lead them.

I am also real concerned with them maintaining talent @ 1-31-1 I can understand players leaving that team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with The Browns appears to be they also play Pro Teams. As I said I feel they are a very talented team they just find way's to lose and IMO that is coaching. The only thing Hue did worth noting was being inept, his ineptitude has allowed the Browns to stack talent he just lacks the coaching to lead them.

I am also real concerned with them maintaining talent @ 1-31-1 I can understand players leaving that team.

Yeah I recognize Hue Jackson might not be (most likely not the HC to lead CLE to the playoffs), but we're glossing over the fact that JAX was not a whole lot better just two seasons ago...weren't they 3-13 or something like that in '16?

JAX did the same thing CLE is doing now...over paying FAs to come...couple that those high draft picks finally coming thru, they will have more money than most teams when it's time to renew for some of their key draft picks. Cap says you can't keep them all anyway...you keep the best ones.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I recognize Hue Jackson might not be (most likely not the HC to lead CLE to the playoffs), but we're glossing over the fact that JAX was not a whole lot better just two seasons ago...weren't they 3-13 or something like that in '16?

JAX did the same thing CLE is doing now...over paying FAs to come...couple that those high draft picks finally coming thru, they will have more money than most teams when it's time to renew for some of their key draft picks. Cap says you can't keep them all anyway...you keep the best ones.

If they were doing the same thing one would not have been in the AFCCG last year. The Jags are doing a lot more, mainly signing the pieces that fit their scheme not just a big name player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were doing the same thing one would not have been in the AFCCG last year. The Jags are doing a lot more, mainly signing the pieces that fit their scheme not just a big name player.

Not entirely, JAX paid and released a FA TE (name escapes me, but recently retired) they paid a lot of money to attract. Marcell Dareus is probably ideal as a 34 NT, but they're making it work with him in their 43 front.

I'm with you...JAX is doing a whole lot more than CLE is right now, and CLE has been a bad football team. Until they actually win something it's not a comparable situation.

My only point here is JAX came from a very similar situation that CLE is in right now. If you go into the Saints or Steelers locker room and ask them if the Browns suck, they will probably say dumb question, didn't you just see us struggled with them.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bortles is Hall of Fame.

Redirect Notice