• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Richards Fan's thoughts

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter and Richards. Gone. I love what we got for both of them. Remeber the two words "Draft Pick?" We have them. Wow. Schenn, Simmonds, and Voracek all sound fine to be also. Richards will be missed by me, but like SF09 pointed out, he wasnt there in the playoffs along with Carter. See you in the Western Swing, I suppose. Bryz's hit is amazing. The year are WAY too much. But cant we waive him in 4 years when he blows?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to be devils advocate, but aside from this past post season, Richards has been pretty beastly in the playoffs. He's not the type to win games alone, but he still makes a huge impact.

As a huge fan of these trades, Richards' presence will be considerably missed next year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 1st I was like "What the Fuck". Now, I have no problem with the trades or the return. really like both players but both have come up way short the last 2 years (at least last year for Richards). For the hype and contracts we should have never been swept by the B's. Change needed to be made and not just a goalie. I have been listening to Sirius hockey since the trades and alot of the talk has been about Voracek, Schenn, Simmons and our 1st this year which they think could lnd us Kimmos replacement. Voracek and Simmons are 20+ goal scorers with upside. Schenn is being lauded as something special. These guys were the 7th and 5th picks in the 1st round when they were drafted.

This being said, if Schenn is not ready (his is still very young) we will need another goal scorer. The farm is bare so Homer has his work cut out for him!

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, can we just waive Bryz in 4 years? Oris that not even an option?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pretty much in the "what the fuck?" mode so to speak. Did we really need to blow up the team, because that's what I think is being done here?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can take ANYTHING from this years collapse in the playoffs it is that the locker room was a total mess and the on ice leadership was massively divided.

IMO a shake up was what was absolutely needed and what we got.

Adios Mike Richards.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
richards was a drunk,stayed out to 5 am on some playoff days..thats not what you cap should be doing,leading your team by example hits, fights, goals..did we see these things from mike hell no...as far as carter is concern......someone didnt want to say pussy well i said it...i actually don't like lenio either so his ass can go..

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong i liked mike but when your a captian you need to be in the spot light and not the way he was......