• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A move i would like to see.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mebane's time here is coming to a end but i will say this about him. He is still a top 10-15 Nose tackle in the NFL. Like it or not the Dude is the best run stuffing Nose tackle on our team because he demands so much attention it keeps the LBrs clean.

I say throw out some trade offers with him to teams that need DLine help and try to get a olineman that can actually play the position, oh and keep Cable out of picking who that olineman is lol.

This team has the WORST oline in the league and i think its safe to say you all agree with me. Some times you have to sacrifice things to improve other area's ( Unger for Graham ) But like the bracketed move there was only a net lose because with the piss poor play on the line Graham can not be used to improve the offense. Time to say goodbye to a solid NT and get a solid Olineman ( even if the Olineman is 32+ years old ) on this team.

Other players we could move for Oline help? list them in your comments. Who could we afford to lose to improve the oline? Yes i know this is drastic but hey the need at Oline is DRASTIC!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen. Good OL have been getting harder and harder to find.
Mebane is near the end of his career, is expensive, and now is becoming injury prone.
If another team was to trade an OL man for Mebane, you would get an old, expensive, and most likely injury prone man back as compensation.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take our entire practise squad O-line and make them the starters (except for Okung). It can't be any worse than what we saw last night.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was pressured of 48.6% of drop backs. That is ridiculous.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, before too long Cable will just convert Mebane to offensive guard all on the premise that he's a "motograder".

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Package him with a pick if you have to. Something has to be done. We cannot let our $22m qb die back there

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's an easy solution. Of course OTs will still get drafted with 1st rounders but the quality of O-Lineman has dropped TREMENDOUSLY due to gimmicky offenses run in college. This day and age you've gotta develop them from within and Seattle for whatever reason (coaching I guess) has failed to do that. The quality O-Lineman out there are not getting traded for this very obvious reason and as a passing/offense oriented league continues to trump all, there's no way in hell an aging DT is going to get any worthwhile offers.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I just want to mix up the offensive line a little bit. Alvin Bailey has played 2 offensive snaps in 4 games, and he's the only non starter to see any action. Put Lewis at center for Nowak and bring Bailey in for Gilliam, doesn't matter if he's at RT or LG, just get some new blood in there to see if we can't at least look like we're trying to have some competence on the OLine.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching is the number one reason our line has never been good. All you have to do is look at Okung. He has regressed every year, Even Unger Regressed when he was here. I feel Cable takes these Dlineman because he can make them better Olineman than when they were drafted because THEY WERE NOT EVEN OLINEMEN so it looks like he is doing something.

Some of the teams that were supposed to have worse lines than Seattle and how they have faired. this is Coaching here people that made these lines better.
TB, 9 sacks
Jags, 8 sacks
Indy, 8 sacks
Mia, 10 sacks

And then you got Seattle
Sea at 18 Sacks against.

How well would this team be if they had only given up 9 sacks? i say they are 3-1 at worse with some big wins ( points wise )

If the Hawks have to Package picks to get some oline talent THEN DO IT. I would rather lose a 2nd,3rd and 4th round selection than Russell Wilson.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team out there is going to trade a high quality lineman in the middle of the season for draft picks?

And if you want to shake up our line right now by benching guys, putting in practice squad players or whatever, then you can't at the same time advocate for RW's health.

Like it or not, this is the line we have for 2015. The best thing to do for it in the short term is to allow it to get better through experience. None of the 31 other teams are going to set their OL back so we can improve ours.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a teams season is lost and they have a guy they might not be able to keep or need to offload cap, there could be someone available. I dont know specifically what options might be viable though.

Looking at his contract, its up after this year and only 200k is dead money so a team trading for him would take on a decent cap hit. Seems very unlikely.

But i dont disagree with the premise.