• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little Tidbit About My Boy Duda

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently realized that i've been spelling tlance's screen name wrong for over a year.

Ain't no flies on me! :wtf2:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really need to change my SportsHoopla name... milk spiller looks too much like mike spiller... i read it wrong too everytime i read it... so my name is not mike..

I recently realized that i've been spelling tlance's screen name wrong for over a year.

And, for both of these, I give myself a double dose of DOH!! Stoopid!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, in respect to all or nothing hitters, I love it when I can find a current story that fits into the topic I was discussing here earlier.

The Astros released Rick Ankiel today.

Though Ankiel had five home runs and a .731 OPS in 65 trips to the plate, he was hitting .194 with a .231 on-base percentage, about as all or nothing as you can get at the Major League level. In late April, Cliff Corcoran of Sports Illustrated highlighted Ankiel’s “three true outcomes” approach:
In fact, it would be more accurate to describe Ankiel as a One True Outcome player. Yes, he has five home runs, but he has just one walk. Rather 28 of his 34 True Outcomes, a whopping 82 percent, have been strikeouts. Having struck out in his only two official at-bats on Thursday night, Ankiel has now struck out 28 times in 45 plate appearances, or 62 percent of the time he steps into the batter’s box. Not only would that be a record for strikeout percentage by a non-pitcher in a minimum of 45 plate appearances if the season (or Ankiel’s involvement in it) ended today, it means that Ankiel is striking out more often that Cust accomplished any of the Three True Outcomes in the most extreme TTO season in major league history.
Updating those figures as of today, Ankiel has the five home runs, three walks, and 35 strikeouts, representing 66 percent of his plate appearances. The Astros have been outscored by 75 runs in 32 games, so the decision to DFA Ankiel is quite understood.
It may be the 33-year-old’s last hurrah as he hasn’t shown any signs of improvement and teams have little use for a player who can’t get on base at least 30 percent of the time, particularly one that strikes out 12 times for every one walk.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to call an A.L team to see if a trade can be worked out.

I think you're right about this. Apparently, he's now too patient and has been told he needs to be more aggressive. Last night's result: 1 HR, 3 K's. Going to a team where he can DH and not worry about his head being fucked with might be the best thing for him.

I knew the Mets were a lost cause this year, but they are still seriously pissing me off. :mad2:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right about this. Apparently, he's now too patient and has been told he needs to be more aggressive. Last night's result: 1 HR, 3 K's. Going to a team where he can DH and not worry about his head being fucked with might be the best thing for him.

I knew the Mets were a lost cause this year, but they are still seriously pissing me off. :mad2:

When I saw the replay of his homer, I quickly and only thought of you.

Only in the most non-gay way possible though,.........., "not that there is anything wrong with that".

:lol:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the replay of his homer, I quickly and only thought of you.

Only in the most non-gay way possible though,.........., "not that there is anything wrong with that".

:lol:

That's okay, I do the same thing with Duda. Only in the most non-gay way possible. :lol: