• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little Tidbit About My Boy Duda

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 27-year-old has walked 17 times in 70 plate appearances, tempered his hacking ways and displayed competence versus southpaws. Whether these trends continue shouldn't matter for owners seeking power production, where he isn't out of his element.

Read more: Fantasy Baseball Diamond Market: Jose Valverde, Lucas Duda, more :: KFFL - Article

Yer still on a short leash, Dudester...but i'm beginning to believe. :clap2:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That lumbering oaf can't play the outfield!"

I think I may also have said that a time or two. Interesting article, made even better for the mention of Randy Milligan, another "Holy Crap!" moment. :omg:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ever a team needed a DH, it's the Mets. I don't know what's gonna happen with Ike, but Duda needs to leave the outfield. Now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ever a team needed a DH, it's the Mets. I don't know what's gonna happen with Ike, but Duda needs to leave the outfield. Now.

And I meant to post this over on the Mets board...more coffee, please. :what:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time to call an A.L team to see if a trade can be worked out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 27-year-old has walked 17 times in 70 plate appearances, tempered his hacking ways and displayed competence versus southpaws. Whether these trends continue shouldn't matter for owners seeking power production, where he isn't out of his element.

Read more: Fantasy Baseball Diamond Market: Jose Valverde, Lucas Duda, more :: KFFL - Article

Yer still on a short leash, Dudester...but i'm beginning to believe. :clap2:

Why do you have him on a short leash?? The mets are not going to be playoff bound this season... and Duda is one of your best HR hitters, if the mets are going to even be close it will be with Duda... I would take his numbers anyday, .238 BA .321 OBP 28 HR and 75 RBIs-my projection for him...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have him on a short leash?? The mets are not going to be playoff bound this season... and Duda is one of your best HR hitters, if the mets are going to even be close it will be with Duda... I would take his numbers anyday, .238 BA .321 OBP 28 HR and 75 RBIs-my projection for him...

The "all or nothing, grip it and rip it" sluggers just get no love anymore. Not when you have guys like Miguel Cabrera out there, who can hit you bombs AND hit for a high b.a as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I just expect more from guys, be they on my favorite MLB team, or especially for those on my fantasy teams.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "all or nothing, grip it and rip it" sluggers just get no love anymore. Not when you have guys like Miguel Cabrera out there, who can hit you bombs AND hit for a high b.a as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I just expect more from guys, be they on my favorite MLB team, or especially for those on my fantasy teams.
Spot on, BigD. Like the little girl says in the commercial, "We want more, we want more!"
I still like Duda for fantasy purposes, but I decided to cut him loose. Too many outfielder options/question marks on my roster, and not enough pitching depth. Although, if no one picks him up, you never know...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But miggy is the outlier... it is unfair to compare anyone to him... These all or nothing players are still very useful as long as they are used correctly and used on the correct teams... I feel like some teams fight the all or nothing players and try to convert them into better all around players, but the long ball is still the biggest most important hit in baseball...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But miggy is the outlier... it is unfair to compare anyone to him... These all or nothing players are still very useful as long as they are used correctly and used on the correct teams... I feel like some teams fight the all or nothing players and try to convert them into better all around players, but the long ball is still the biggest most important hit in baseball...

Good points all Mike. However, I think the player type you are talking about, while useful, is more "settled for" than wanted and needed.

It's not just chicks that dig the longball, not even close. However, many of us serious seemheads have become spoiled over the last 30 years, as there are now some ( NEVER enough ) guys out there that can give you the homers, and not kill you with low averages & O.B.P numbers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points all Mike. However, I think the player type you are talking about, while useful, is more "settled for" than wanted and needed.

It's not just chicks that dig the longball, not even close. However, many of us serious seemheads have become spoiled over the last 30 years, as there are now some ( NEVER enough ) guys out there that can give you the homers, and not kill you with low averages & O.B.P numbers.

I really need to change my SportsHoopla name... milk spiller looks too much like mike spiller... i read it wrong too everytime i read it... so my name is not mike..:lol:

Now, to what you said... most of these all or nothing guys including Duda, walk a lot, so their OBP is serviceable(not great due to low BA)... so they still get on base, and have enough power to get the big hits... Baseball is a game of failures, getting a hit 3 out of 10 times is considered great... so therefore even a man on base it is still hard to get him to score... even the best offenses average less than 5 runs per game, so these all or nothing guys definitely have their place... Nobody is claiming that they should be a middle of the lineup guy... but i would take one as my 6 or 7 hitter anyday...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also in a rotisserie league with OBP as a category... so maybe i am a little jaded...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also in a rotisserie league with OBP as a category... so maybe i am a little jaded...

NOT jaded. Probably just more realistic and a bit easier to please because of it.

Case in point. Sometime in 2011, Adam Dunn became dead to me. However, after drafting him as the final pick on several fantasy teams last year, and with him rewarding me with a nice bounce back year, he was on multiple fantasy teams of min last year.

This year, he is beyond dead to me again. I will look to pretty much any other OF out there to help my team before I look to him again, unless he somehow manages to come out with a 15-20 homer month, and only then MAYBE....

So, no questioning the usefulness of the classic Dave Kingman / Rob Deer hitter, both on a real or fantasy team. But, I would rather have a guy give me a line like .280/20-25/80, with 20 steals than one more likely to give me .200/40/90 with zero steals and only slighty more defensive ability.

JMO

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really need to change my SportsHoopla name... milk spiller looks too much like mike spiller... i read it wrong too everytime i read it... so my name is not mike..:lol:
I took me 3 times reading this before I saw the difference between Mike and Milk. Guess I should have paid attention in English class.:rollseyes: