• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very excited about the Tigers defense with the offense looking like it will be just as good if not better than last year.. But the pitching will no doubt be worse..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?

This is finally going to be the first time in forever that things won't be completely ugly. We've got a great lineup. With the big guns all knocking on the door. And our rotation is finally 5 guys that at least have contributed in major league rotations. First time we've been able to say that in 5 years. I wish we weren't paying Nolasco 48 mil a year but he sure as shit is better than Scott Diamond, Mike Pelfrey and all the other assholes I have permanently erased from memory.

I'm still not a fan of making torii a everyday guy worth 10 mil and I certainly had having fuckin Schafer I'm centerfield. But the offense should be even better and it's going to be fun. Just gona have to live with Arcia and Hunter both together til Buxton/hicks/Roasrio are ready. Byron can shade to Waldo's side and Rosario/Hicks will cover their ground.

lol. Nolasco's been a very mediocre pitcher for about six years now (save for an average-ish 2013, otherwise he's been terrible) and Pelfrey missed almost all of 2012 and 2014. Not to mention Pelfrey just sucks anyway.

also, Fangraphs and BP has them projected to finish about middle of the pack in the AL in runs scored. And being near the bottom in runs allowed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Nolasco's been a very mediocre pitcher for about six years now (save for an average-ish 2013, otherwise he's been terrible) and Pelfrey missed almost all of 2012 and 2014. Not to mention Pelfrey just sucks anyway.

also, Fangraphs and BP has them projected to finish about middle of the pack in the AL in runs scored. And being near the bottom in runs allowed.

Why did you mention Pelfrey?

Just kinda saying things without knowing? Selective reading? Maybe a combination of both.

Pelfrey isn't in the rotation. That's a fact. I specifically mentioned the fact it's a reason why our rotation is better. And how for once all 5 of our starters are experience major league starters with some sort success. Another fact.

You just formulate your opinion of what a projection site tells you? Lmao.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see the Twins having much success in their rotation either- and the defense is probably worse with Hunter out there. They're still stuck in last until further notice.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you mention Pelfrey?

Just kinda saying things without knowing? Selective reading? Maybe a combination of both.

Pelfrey isn't in the rotation. That's a fact. I specifically mentioned the fact it's a reason why our rotation is better. And how for once all 5 of our starters are experience major league starters with some sort success. Another fact.

You just formulate your opinion of what a projection site tells you? Lmao.

I mentioned Pelfrey because I remembered they signed him a while back and figured he was still in the plans as a starter. I hadn't realized they were converting him to a reliever. And a rotation having "major league experience" means little if those pitchers suck.

I forgot they had gotten Milone. But he's also below average.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never see the Justin Verlander of 3 years ago again. Tigers made a horrible mistake extending him when he still had 2 full seasons left on his contract.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Pelfrey because I remembered they signed him a while back and figured he was still in the plans as a starter. I hadn't realized they were converting him to a reliever. And a rotation having "major league experience" means little if those pitchers suck.

I forgot they had gotten Milone. But he's also below average.

I guess I just don't see the point of this all. Mr hockey didn't say the Twins were going to kick ass, or even that they were going to be good. He just said he was happy that for the first time in a while they weren't looking like complete shit. For whatever reason, you feel the need to tell him they are complete shit.

I will say this, if I was a Red Sox fan, I wouldn't be shitting on other teams' starting pitching. I'm not sure the Sox rotation is appreciably better than the Twins'. The choice between Buchholz or Porcello as the staff ace? Not pretty.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno phil hughes seemed to figure it out last year. Of course hes a two or below on most teams.

I agree about a #2.

I'm not sure if he can repeat (particularly with the Twins' defense), but he was pretty fucking solid last year. I think there were only a dozen or so AL pitchers with 200+ innings and a lower ERA.

If last year's new and improved Phil Hughes is for real, he'd make one hell of a #3 pitcher.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a better lineup than the AL Champs had last year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L come on man! It's gonna be an exciting year for Twins fans as well, we are finally heading in the right direction.

Haha, my post was made to intentionally get your ire.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV on the DL. 1st time ever! and people are stabbing him in the back.

all he has don't for this club..
don't worry just a cramp/soreness in his tricep.
he will just get his first start a little late. he still will be in the top 10 in innings pitched.
look for him to shut up a lot of so called fans

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Vs Kentucky. its all it can be.

why do we have to hear how great Izzo is???? he has won 1 championship. 1!!!
steve fisher has the same amount. as some have said on here...if you don't win it all ..it don't mean nuttin!! so Izzo gets cred for losing a lot in the tourney???
when he wins 2...(aint happening this year) then we can talk.
little brother falls hard today

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tiger bull pen. is a mess.
DD is counting on Nathan!! omg!!
rondon on DL. the bad contract on this team is Nathan.
Tigers might have to fight to keep 1st place harder than we thought they might have to

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers might have to fight to keep 1st place harder than we thought they might have to

And potentially Miggy, V-Mart and Verlander.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope miggy is healthy nig year from miggy. verlander will be back..iam telling you. am I ever wrong? v mart..we had to offer him that contract.
tigers must make a trade for a closer..who they got to trade? costellonos or davis?? trade costellonos.

hope that Cuban has a good year...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And potentially Miggy, V-Mart and Verlander.

No way, dude. Verlander is going to lead the league in IP and will be so good, they'll give him the AL and NL MVP.

Miggy is going to hit 78 home runs. Before the All-Star Break.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, dude. Verlander is going to lead the league in IP and will be so good, they're give him the AL and NL MVP.

Miggy is going to hit 78 home runs. Before the All-Star Break.

So, how do you all like my dougplayer imitation?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope miggy is healthy nig year from miggy. verlander will be back..iam telling you. am I ever wrong? v mart..we had to offer him that contract.
tigers must make a trade for a closer..who they got to trade? costellonos or davis?? trade costellonos.

hope that Cuban has a good year...

Everything I've every read of yours notwithstanding, no, you're never wrong.