• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on week 5

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Bennet drop of that 4th down pass was huge . But he also had his hands on the ball, the previous play. And let the DB knock it out. I like Earl, but think it's time to see if Anderson or Wilson can threaten opposing Ds a little more. Earl hasn't been targeted a whole lot so far this year. Why not 1 of the young guys.
Losses do that to me.
The D gave up 2 2nd half field goals, so I won't harp on Tucker this week. Just didn't like the score before the half.
For a guy they don't use much I thought Thomas had a good game. Had to throw that in Rich. And yeah Sproles didn't come close to my projected #s , still had a good game.
Like Rich said , Graham was their #1 threat, and again we couldn't stop it.

I'm not forgetting the Bears are still learning new things O & D & STs. I have high expectations for them every week. And when game day comes. I expect them to meet said expectations. But after the fact all I want see is some hope . I saw some sunday.

Congrats to AJ , for his monster game. For a guy I didn't want to see in Bears uni, my crow is now marinating. Yeah I ate it last year. But his play justifies a 2nd helping.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if E bennett can catch the open passes it would be great because he gets open when Marshall is doubled and Jeffery is covered. then you still have Matt to cover along with M Bennett. so thats 7 players covering 6 or a 4 man rush someones open.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if E bennett can catch the open passes it would be great because he gets open when Marshall is doubled and Jeffery is covered. then you still have Matt to cover along with M Bennett. so thats 7 players covering 6 or a 4 man rush someones open.

Just sayin, Earl isn't getting targets because he isn't getting open. I think the coaching staff saw the same thing I did. Joe Anderson got a few reps vs the G-men.
I should be a coach :lol: