• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on "A New Direction"...the Hokies may be heading towards...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i guess we owe Kyle Tucker a great big "Thank you!"

from his chat with Shane Beamer:

“He and I had never really talked about it,” he said. “That day you interviewed Dad and asked him about me coming back, he called me that night. He said that you asked and told me what he said (essentially that he’d be open to it and not shooting down the notion of it happening this offseason). I said, ‘You did what?’ We had never even broached the subject until that night. Then the ball got rolling. So you might’ve started that.”

And Tucker should thank TSL and the Gobbler members since alot of his information and "sources" are coming from there. I like his willingness to throw out tough questions to the coaches as of late, but alot of his questions are directly from the fans (which is a good thing).

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tucker should thank TSL and the Gobbler members since alot of his information and "sources" are coming from there. I like his willingness to throw out tough questions to the coaches as of late, but alot of his questions are directly from the fans (which is a good thing).

good point...so i guess we all owe ourselves a big thank you for the changes :D

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wants to e-mail Kyle Tucker to have him ask Frank about C. Newsome's lack of production and to remind him the Fridge is in need of a job?:D

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...might be better if we all do!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who to thank more....

Kyle (frosted tips) Tucker

Mrs. Beamer

I think that we should all chip in and send Mrs. beamer and Omaha Steaks gift basket. Then we can send a fruit basket to Kyle because i doubt that prissy little bastard eats meat.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who to thank more....

Mrs. Beamer

I think that we should all chip in and send Mrs. beamer and Omaha Steaks gift basket. Then we can send a fruit basket to Kyle because i doubt that prissy little bastard eats meat.

I just spit water on my computer. LMAO. Thanks 46. That was high-larious.:D

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who to thank more....

Mrs. Beamer

she dont eat meat but she sure like the bone...dum dadum dadadumdanadum

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who to thank more....

Mrs. Beamer

another shitty day @ work, i read this LOL'd and feel great now. thanx 46!

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who to thank more....

Mrs. Beamer

LMAO

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Cav. thrown under the bus???

Was listening to the local radio show this evening and Doughty from the RoanokesTimes (some of you in the area probably know him) was on there claiming that Cavanaugh was basically "forced" out of his coaching position. He went on to say that although he has taken the position as the head recruiting guy and high school affairs guy that, those were bullshit positions. Just a means to an end to his tenure on the staff (even though he is still working hard recruiting--8 hours the other day!!) Doughty seems to think that Frank and the boys in a nice way. threw him under the bus and blamed him for a subpar recruiting class. He went on to say that he will not be in this position long, and eventually will be shown the door, as this bullshit position is phased out..
Is this total fucking crap or what?? Although Doughty is a good writer, he seems to me on the show to be an arrogant asshole, who is smug and acts like he just doesn't "have the time" outside of his one bullshit UVA article a day to grace us with his sports knowledge. Maybe I am totally off in left field about him. Maybe I am totally wrong in questioning his sources or opinions. If any others know him personally, sorry to offend. Not hating his writing, just hating his know it all attitude. Really don't care for alot of the Roanoke writers for that matter...I have to think that Beamer and Co. would have ALOT more class than to say.."Hey Jim, thanks for the last 20 years+, now git your ass outta hear, OUT with the old, in with the new..whether you like it or not."
Thoughts on Cav. being shoved out the door? Think this is what happened? I don't think it went down like DD thinks..
Sorry to break up the jokes with serious stuff...Rant over........

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparks, I have no inside knowledge of what went on, but I would be absolutely floored if it went down like DD claims. Wish I could tell you more, but I simply refuse to believe that until I hear it from Cav himself.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was listening to the local radio show this evening and Doughty from the RoanokesTimes (some of you in the area probably know him) was on there claiming that Cavanaugh was basically "forced" out of his coaching position. He went on to say that although he has taken the position as the head recruiting guy and high school affairs guy that, those were bullshit positions. Just a means to an end to his tenure on the staff (even though he is still working hard recruiting--8 hours the other day!!) Doughty seems to think that Frank and the boys in a nice way. threw him under the bus and blamed him for a subpar recruiting class. He went on to say that he will not be in this position long, and eventually will be shown the door, as this bullshit position is phased out..
Is this total fucking crap or what?? Although Doughty is a good writer, he seems to me on the show to be an arrogant asshole, who is smug and acts like he just doesn't "have the time" outside of his one bullshit UVA article a day to grace us with his sports knowledge. Maybe I am totally off in left field about him. Maybe I am totally wrong in questioning his sources or opinions. If any others know him personally, sorry to offend. Not hating his writing, just hating his know it all attitude. Really don't care for alot of the Roanoke writers for that matter...I have to think that Beamer and Co. would have ALOT more class than to say.."Hey Jim, thanks for the last 20 years+, now git your ass outta hear, OUT with the old, in with the new..whether you like it or not."
Thoughts on Cav. being shoved out the door? Think this is what happened? I don't think it went down like DD thinks..
Sorry to break up the jokes with serious stuff...Rant over........

I havnt read the Doughty article but from what i know of the situation Cav basically was forced out and isnt greatly happy about it, but the way VT went about it was far from throwing him under the bus. <----- they could have just fired him instead of creating a job (which im sure has a nice salary) for him. Honestly Cav will prob last longer in this position because i know he had openly discussed retirement in the next few years.

The idea of bringing Cornell back to VT when the time was right has been around for a while. There was no way that beamer/weaver were going to stand by and watch as he went to another team so they basically had to create the "right time".

Doughty may think that this is a bullshit position but if you look across the country we are prob one of the last BCS schools to do this. Cav may not stick around to much longer (which like i said he wasnt going to anyway) but the high school relations job will be permanent.

To be honest Doughty may be a little butt sore since he follows uVa and see's that VT has had enough and is starting to throw some power punches. Fahk him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Guys lets be honest Cav was a great coach and a good recruiter and is prob just as good of a man, but the fact is sometimes you have to do what is best for the program and getting Cornell on board was whats best. I hope that cav comes around and enjoys his new job, but beamer and weaver had sit on their hands long enough and it was time for a change. I hate that change came at the expense of Cav but thats the nature of the beast and its not like we fired the guy. He will have a good 7 figure job with a nice office and flexible schedule and still be part of the program. <--- i would take his job at half his salary and work twice the hours, so i dont feel to sorry for the guy.

Look at it like this: Without this move we keep cav for a year or 2 (prob 1 year) at the longest and possibly lose cornell forever. With this move we get Cornell who is young and has a lot of years left in him + get to keep cav as long as he wants to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who doughty is and I live out of the area so I never read his shit or listen to Greg Roberts anymore but I have it on good authority that doughty was behind the earthquake in Haiti, eats rescued puppies (only the cute ones with the dark patch over one eye) and voted for Hugo chavez in the last us presidential election.