• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on "A New Direction"...the Hokies may be heading towards...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who doughty is and I live out of the area so I never read his shit or listen to Greg Roberts anymore but I have it on good authority that doughty was behind the earthquake in Haiti, eats rescued puppies (only the cute ones with the dark patch over one eye) and voted for Hugo chavez in the last us presidential election.

Doughty is the UVa beat writer for The Roanoke Times. He's been there probably longer than King. He usually is pretty fair to us in print. He actually gives the Wahoos a hard time, but I've not heard him on the air. Sounds like his VT jealousy is starting to shine through

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record....

Any and all Nebraska fans are welcome here anytime. You guys were awesome hosts in 2008 ans great guests in 2009. Much love to classy badass fanbase. When I see a husker hat anywhere, I buy that guy or gal a beer!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I guess I stand corrected

Doughty may be making it seem worse than it actually is though. Im sure it wasnt "thanks cav, have a good life" Im sure beamer told him how much he had appreciated his work and that cav had done a great job for VT but they had to make some power moves. I think the timing of the whole thing is what prob has cav upset, im sure he wanted to go out on his own time, terms, etc but with butch in cornells ear VT had to move quick or risk losing him. Even if it werent to unc i think cornell was on a lot of people's radar and frank didnt want him to get away.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record....

Any and all Nebraska fans are welcome here anytime. You guys were awesome hosts in 2008 ans great guests in 2009. Much love to classy badass fanbase. When I see a husker hat anywhere, I buy that guy or gal a beer!

I second that. And as cool as all those Huskers were that came to the Burg in 2009, they're even more cool and friendly on SportsHoopla. They are officially my second favorite team since our series.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The respect is mutual gentlemen...

I have to go find HH... he should not be driving around hooplaville...in his condition LOL

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Poop... I was following HH and he got lost... LOL, then since he got lost... I followed him right off the clif... LMAO :D

:D

Like I said I is drunk......

I saw a hokie name I did not recognize...... and then I saw a few more....

:D

I shall rep this thread tomorrow..... I'm outta of ammo..... :D

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The respect is mutual gentlemen...

I have to go find HH... he should not be driving around hooplaville...in his condition LOL

Good for you BRS. Friends don't let friends plorst drunk:D

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed my age today in the All-Time Favorite Hokies thread. I had to post Hokies that I grew up watching like Tyrone Drakeford and Jim Pyne and Cornell Brown and Brandon Semones. Some of those guys I couldn't find pics of though like George DelRicco and Bernard Basham. I feel old. LOL

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know who doughty is and I live out of the area so I never read his shit or listen to Greg Roberts anymore but I have it on good authority that doughty was behind the earthquake in Haiti, eats rescued puppies (only the cute ones with the dark patch over one eye) and voted for Hugo chavez in the last us presidential election.

i think i had some of that "rescued puppy" @ the new chipotle down town tonight. Any of you guys had that yet? Everyone always talking about how great chipotle's is and how i didnt know what i was missing,i bet the burrito i got weighed at least 6 pounds but i really didnt care for the food.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty may be making it seem worse than it actually is though. Im sure it wasnt "thanks cav, have a good life" Im sure beamer told him how much he had appreciated his work and that cav had done a great job for VT but they had to make some power moves. I think the timing of the whole thing is what prob has cav upset, im sure he wanted to go out on his own time, terms, etc but with butch in cornells ear VT had to move quick or risk losing him. Even if it werent to unc i think cornell was on a lot of people's radar and frank didnt want him to get away.

"Doughty may be making it seem worse than it actually is though."

..Maybe thats what got me kinda pissed off. Sounds like he was pretty right on, but just came off like a total dick. He always sounds like that on the radio.. Saying this.."Beamer did him wrong" and "Cav don't deserve to be treated like this"..bullshit..shut it. Anyways, I'm done with that.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Doughty may be making it seem worse than it actually is though."

..Maybe thats what got me kinda pissed off. Sounds like he was pretty right on, but just came off like a total dick. He always sounds like that on the radio.. Saying this.."Beamer did him wrong" and "Cav don't deserve to be treated like this"..bullshit..shut it. Anyways, I'm done with that.

I'm sure Beamer's reasoning was, "Listen Cav, we all know you are retiring soon, but we don't want to lose you or Cornell right now, so the best situation is to move you into an administration role and have Cornell take your spot, is that good with you?".

It was probably a rhetorical question, but I can see Cav being upset initially, but he knows that this will be a pretty sweet deal, although I know he loves recruiting. He may end up loving this position and stay longer than he would in his old spot.

Doing Cav wrong would have been firing him without the administration position. This is a win-win for all parties, even though Cav may feel slighted.