• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A couple of adjustments that need to be made

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that KC has been pounding Belt inside when they get two strikes on him. He has had a little hole there and needs to back away from the plate about a foot or so and cover that hole. Make KC change their thinking and if they don't change Belt has to turn on that pitch and drive it hard.

Everyone has been wondering where Posey's power has gone and it could be 1 or 2 things. First I heard he hurt his hip some and is having trouble getting power through the ball. If that's not it then it might be he has been getting into some bad counts. A lot of 0-2,1-2 counts are not conducive to driving the ball for power. Buster has to find a way to get those counts in his favor and then he can blast away.

Man, I do have to say that I love the way Blanco and Belt played heads up ball tagging up from 1st base on deep fly balls. Should happen more in the regular season then it does . Hustle baseball. Love it.

I had to laugh when after Belt bunted for a hustle single in Game 5 Blanco slapped Bochy on the back in the dugout and you could see Bochy so locked in that he turned around and gave Blanco a look. Funny stuff.

(One KC note...That catch by Cain in the right center gap on a ball hit by Pence in Game 5 was one of the best ever at AT&T Park.) Props to Cain for a nice catch.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that KC has been pounding Belt inside when they get two strikes on him. He has had a little hole there and needs to back away from the plate about a foot or so and cover that hole. Make KC change their thinking and if they don't change Belt has to turn on that pitch and drive it hard.

Everyone has been wondering where Posey's power has gone and it could be 1 or 2 things. First I heard he hurt his hip some and is having trouble getting power through the ball. If that's not it then it might be he has been getting into some bad counts. A lot of 0-2,1-2 counts are not conducive to driving the ball for power. Buster has to find a way to get those counts in his favor and then he can blast away.

Man, I do have to say that I love the way Blanco and Belt played heads up ball tagging up from 1st base on deep fly balls. Should happen more in the regular season then it does . Hustle baseball. Love it.

I had to laugh when after Belt bunted for a hustle single in Game 5 Blanco slapped Bochy on the back in the dugout and you could see Bochy so locked in that he turned around and gave Blanco a look. Funny stuff.

(One KC note...That catch by Cain in the right center gap on a ball hit by Pence in Game 5 was one of the best ever at AT&T Park.) Props to Cain for a nice catch.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Some good points, especially re Belt.

With Posey you can't just say 'try to get a hitters count'....isn't he already trying to do that? Posey has clearly shown his hitting suffers when he has to catch every day. Not much to do now but next year, especially if Panda is gone, I don't see how we can't start playing him at third some.

It was a small error IMO not to put Susac in for the last 2 innings of game 4.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Posey you can't just say 'try to get a hitters count'....isn't he already trying to do that? Posey has clearly shown his hitting suffers when he has to catch every day. Not much to do now but next year, especially if Panda is gone, I don't see how we can't start playing him at third some.

In Bochy's defense, would 2 innings have really made a difference for Posey?

I agree the move should have been made, but this is the WS. You don't play the "scrubs".

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Bochy's defense, would 2 innings have really made a difference for Posey?

I agree the move should have been made, but this is the WS. You don't play the "scrubs".

Yeah, as I said 'small' error. But it would've meant not getting up and down in the squat another, what, 30 times?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I said 'small' error. But it would've meant not getting up and down in the squat another, what, 30 times?

Late in the game is when you are most tired and worn out. I agree they should have pulled him Susac. Make Susac earn his ring.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But was it not a pitch on the inside part of the plate that Belt jacked to win the 18 inning game against the Washington Generals?

[youtube]KTOFbJg4-k0[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was it not a pitch on the inside part of the plate that Belt jacked to win the 18 inning game against the Washington Generals?

[youtube]KTOFbJg4-k0[/youtube]

Actually that pitch in Washington leaked out a little over the plate then where KC is pitching Belt. It was a fine bit of hitting though by Belt in his biggest HR of his life.

:suds:

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that pitch in Washington leaked out a little over the plate then where KC is pitching Belt. It was a fine bit of hitting though by Belt in his biggest HR of his life.

:suds:

Hopefully Bonds will be in spring training again and can help Belt with that. Its been an issue off and on his whole career. I would literally just throw sliders towards that back foot all day and watch him swing over the top of them. That said don't wanna hate on him much, Belt is 283/400/358. That pop hasn't been there, just like many others in the postseason, but he has been solid all around with D, working counts and playing smart baseball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens tonight, its been a great season. If someone had told me Matt Cain would be out for most of the year, Belt, Pagan and Morse would miss significant time, our starting 2nd baseman would be Joe Panik, our top bats off the bench would be Travis Ishikawa and Matt Duffy, and Tim Lincecum would basically fall off the edge of the earth and we'd still be in game 7 of the World Series I'd take it. I wouldn't have believed them but I'd take it.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens tonight, its been a great season. If someone had told me Matt Cain would be out for most of the year, Belt, Pagan and Morse would miss significant time, our starting 2nd baseman would be Joe Panik, our top bats off the bench would be Travis Ishikawa and Matt Duffy, and Tim Lincecum would basically fall off the edge of the earth and we'd still be in game 7 of the World Series I'd take it. I wouldn't have believed them but I'd take it.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 1,000,000 times this ....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree. Is the season great enough for you to stop being a Red Sox fan?

:wtf2:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough time tomorrow to declare this a good season, either way.

Right now, I want a friggin' win!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. Is the season great enough for you to stop being a Red Sox fan?

:noidea:

He may be legit, but I was wondering this as well. You are a legit White Sox fan, but you don't refer to them as "we" the way you do with the Giants.

:scratch:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

He may be legit, but I was wondering this as well. You are a legit White Sox fan, but you don't refer to them as "we" the way you do with the Giants.

:scratch:

Plus I have their logo 'after' the Giants one. I like them, used to be a bigger fan, now they are just my distant second. He doesn't have the Giants logo at all...

It's a free country but it seemed weird...

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If you had laid this scenario out for me in late July, I would taken it and run far away.....

This is bonus baseball for us as fans. We get rooting interest in our team for a month longer than most fans. Game 7s are special. I'm looking forward to this one......

All that being said, I want a win really FREAKING bad.

GO GIANTS!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I have their logo 'after' the Giants one. I like them, used to be a bigger fan, now they are just my distant second. He doesn't have the Giants logo at all...

It's a free country but it seemed weird...

Agree.

Monte, sorry if it seems we are attacking, just odd. That's all.

Enjoy away :)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how I clicked on that. We are Giants fans in our home. Like the Red Sox, love the Giants

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I clicked on that. We are Giants fans in our home. Like the Red Sox, love the Giants

Ummm...you know you can change them... :scratch:

I do give you props for the 3 logos, I doubt anyone else has ever had the Bills, Red Sox, and Hawks as their 3 logos.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...you know you can change them... :scratch:

I do give you props for the 3 logos, I doubt anyone else has ever had the Bills, Red Sox, and Hawks as their 3 logos.

Yes, I just didn't notice it. The Hawks are not my basketball team either. The Bills are correct.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go to "User CP" in the top menu bar (under the site map) and them select "Edit Your Details". You can set your favorite teams there.

Also, if you plan on hanging here, you may want to make a post here...

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-giants/64938-introduce-yourself.html

Not required, of course, but it just lets us know a little about you. Most of us have been posting together for years, so we know each other quite well, but would love to add you to the fold!!