• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Dolphins

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick was 29 of 46 for 296 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT. He also had 113 yards on 10 carries.

He's not done by a long shot. He'll get a shot with some other team next season.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick with another dead cat bounce game....much like Gabbert did last year. This season has unfolded unfortunately pretty much exactly as I had feared - I just hope whomever is running the ship next year sees through the fools gold.

Run defense was good, pass defense was not. Tackling was terrible.

Chances are both Kap and Gabbert will not be back next year. But give Kap credit. He played a very good game. He made some good throws and ran well. He is still inconsistent and I don't think he's the future QB of the Niners, but he played a very good game. I'll give credit where it's due and he earned it today.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick with another dead cat bounce game....much like Gabbert did last year. This season has unfolded unfortunately pretty much exactly as I had feared - I just hope whomever is running the ship next year sees through the fools gold.

Run defense was good, pass defense was not. Tackling was terrible.

The defense was horrible. Anytime you make Tannehill look good...........that's baaaaaaaaaaad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumble by celek hurt and Smith drop that led to aunt hurt Like Kelly said hard to over come that especially when D isn't playing good.

Prediction 49ers beat bears.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are both Kap and Gabbert will not be back next year. But give Kap credit. He played a very good game. He made some good throws and ran well. He is still inconsistent and I don't think he's the future QB of the Niners, but he played a very good game. I'll give credit where it's due and he earned it today.

This really isn't about giving credit or not. This is simply reality. Lots of QB's 'play good' in this era - nice pretty stats and all, and it's to be expected since passing has never been easier than it is in today's game - but the fact remains that Colin Kaepernick is a below-average QB.

He is doing just what Blaine Gabbert did last year....he's got another lease on life to 'prove to the world' that he's worthy. I stated outright that Gabbert deserved to start this year, but fully knowing he's just not good, and would be replaced after about 5 or 6 weeks. I also feared that Kaepernick would repeat the 'last chance' prove it scenario would also happen, and sure enough, it fools a lot of people.

I just hope that whomever is running the 49ers next year just looks at how pretty much nobody wanted Kaepernick when he was available to everyone via trade. That is the real Colin Kaepernick. I don't want people who think he's on a rebound to being good, so they'll try and convince him to stay. I don't want people with their over-inflated egos believing they can make sugar out of shit.

The sooner he is gone, the better off the Niners will be.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really isn't about giving credit or not. This is simply reality. Lots of QB's 'play good' in this era - nice pretty stats and all, and it's to be expected since passing has never been easier than it is in today's game - but the fact remains that Colin Kaepernick is a below-average QB.

He is doing just what Blaine Gabbert did last year....he's got another lease on life to 'prove to the world' that he's worthy. I stated outright that Gabbert deserved to start this year, but fully knowing he's just not good, and would be replaced after about 5 or 6 weeks. I also feared that Kaepernick would repeat the 'last chance' prove it scenario would also happen, and sure enough, it fools a lot of people.

I just hope that whomever is running the 49ers next year just looks at how pretty much nobody wanted Kaepernick when he was available to everyone via trade. That is the real Colin Kaepernick. I don't want people who think he's on a rebound to being good, so they'll try and convince him to stay. I don't want people with their over-inflated egos believing they can make sugar out of shit.

The sooner he is gone, the better off the Niners will be.
I disagree with you big time and we know who won the Gabbert vs Kap talk. That was an easy one for me. The 1 thing I do agree with you is I hope Kelly and the 49ers dont think about taking back Kap for next year. Im with you that its time to move on. I do think Kap can play on another team and start and do well. He is an Avg QB but deserves to be a starter in this league. He does things not many other QBs can do in this league. He is ranked 24th in QB rating. He is ahead of Wentz, Palmer, Newton, Bortles, Flacco, Fitz, Osweiler and of course Gabbert. All of them except for Wentz, Gabbert and Fitz make more then Kap. Not bad for a guy that missed almost a year of football.

So please dont tell me he doesnt deserve to be a starter. The guy can play. Now Yes he isnt a top QB, that I will agree with you and I also hope he is gone after this year. The team I would like for him to go to is the Jets. I think he can do k on that team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
400 yards by kap today holly shit. This guy will be a starter next year for some one. That was a really fun game today. D just sucks too much

Kaep's problem is inconsistency, he can have a big game followed by two horrible ones. We've watched him the previous TWO seasons, which is a better gauge than the last 5 games.

Please don't justify Kaep based on this season alone, more so not by these last few games.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers suck. There is no talent on this offense. I'm shocked how well kap has been playing. I'm not going to pay myself on the back but I knew he was 100% better then gabbert.

I want D.C. Gone

I want Baalke gone and then the DC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Baalke gone and then the DC.
yes and want to say bye to bethea, Brooks and Brock. Also wouldnt mind trading Reid if we draft peppers from Mich and trade T Smith because to be honest he is a waste for this team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep's problem is inconsistency, he can have a big game followed by two horrible ones. We've watched him the previous TWO seasons, which is a better gauge than the last 5 games.

Please don't justify Kaep based on this season alone, more so not by these last few games.
His career says he is a good QB, now this year he has been getting better and better. This offense fits him and we are seeing him putting up good games. The D has been really bad. Now Im not saying I want him on this team but I do think he gets a shot with another team. He has proved that in my opinion. Its just nice to watch a game with a QB that can make plays instead of Gabbert and I knew from the start he was way better then Gabbert. Gabbert gave you no upside especially when he is throwing Ints. thats been the most shocking thing from kap not throwing Ints.

I agree he is inconsistent. That has been his flaw.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His career says he is a good QB, now this year he has been getting better and better. This offense fits him and we are seeing him putting up good games. The D has been really bad. Now Im not saying I want him on this team but I do think he gets a shot with another team. He has proved that in my opinion. Its just nice to watch a game with a QB that can make plays instead of Gabbert and I knew from the start he was way better then Gabbert. Gabbert gave you no upside especially when he is throwing Ints. thats been the most shocking thing from kap not throwing Ints.

I agree he is inconsistent. That has been his flaw.

Ok, you agree.

For me, don't care if he gets a shot with another team or not, but if i had to guess i'll say no team will sign him. The main reason is his inconsistency, but add his political views and why would anyone want that? Since he'll continue his protest until the Government does something, he'll continuing doing it forever.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, don't care if he gets a shot with another team or not, but if i had to guess i'll say no team will sign him.

He'll get an opportunity somewhere....that's if he takes a cut in pay. That was the stumbling block in the deal with Denver. I don't care where he goes....just as long as it's not in SF.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase didn't really challenge with the run today. surprised Gase didn't try to run more especially in 4th qtr. Kap's best complete game this season
Probably because Miami was missing three starters on the O Line.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Miami was missing three starters on the O Line.

That was the reason given but the 49ers have been so poor against the run esp in the 2nd half that I would have thought Miami would actually try to run.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the reason given but the 49ers have been so poor against the run esp in the 2nd half that I would have thought Miami would actually try to run.
They've been playing a little better on D recently it seems. Its just such a bad team talent-wise from top to bottom that I don't see them winning another game this year or any next year either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He'll get an opportunity somewhere....that's if he takes a cut in pay. That was the stumbling block in the deal with Denver. I don't care where he goes....just as long as it's not in SF.

For me, even with a cut in pay, the inconsistency isn't worth it. He'd only end up being the back-up anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick was 29 of 46 for 296 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT. He also had 113 yards on 10 carries.

He's not done by a long shot. He'll get a shot with some other team next season.
Its going to be a narrow field though. I don't think most teams will want to take on the headaches and divisiveness that Kaepernick brings as excess baggage.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say the past few games is about what I would expect from him. He is a QB that can put up yds somewhere in the 200s and can win games with good support on defense and the run games. He is still inconsistent. Can't place passes in tight coverage like a Drew Brees. Will never have that timing and accuracy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its going to be a narrow field though. I don't think most teams will want to take on the headaches and divisiveness that Kaepernick brings as excess baggage.

Yep, what Owner wants to take that chance?

it is not just the coaches and players, but fans too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been playing a little better on D recently it seems. Its just such a bad team talent-wise from top to bottom that I don't see them winning another game this year or any next year either.

They have a lot of work to do. I just am hoping for another GM to work on the roster