• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/6 Bum @ Price

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy's been huge. What a great trade.

Reminds me of the Scutaro deal from 2012. At the time, it seemed like a minor deal/bandaid.

Just for fun:

Peavy with Giants: 53.1 IP 2.31 ERA

Lester with As: 48.2 IP 2.59 ERA

You gotta give Sabean credit. He brings in Peavy who has shined along with Panik and Susac. Isikawa brought in and looks real comfortable with his friends coming home.

Way to go Sabes !

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy's been huge. What a great trade.

Reminds me of the Scutaro deal from 2012. At the time, it seemed like a minor deal/bandaid.

Just for fun:

Peavy with Giants: 53.1 IP 2.31 ERA

Lester with As: 48.2 IP 2.59 ERA

We paid more for Peavy, though. 2 MLB-ready pitchers vs 1 mlb-ready util player.

But yes, an under-the-radar trade that has done wonders for the team.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We paid more for Peavy, though. 2 MLB-ready pitchers vs 1 mlb-ready util player.

But yes, an under-the-radar trade that has done wonders for the team.

At the beginning of the year, maybe yes. But they both kinda stalled, or even regressed. And we were well-stocked with peer alternatives. So, for us, the price wasn't so high, on a relative basis.

I wish them the best (Hembree and Escobar), but it is a BIG leap from AAA to The Show. Not many remain standing on the other side.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the year, maybe yes. But they both kinda stalled, or even regressed. And we were well-stocked with peer alternatives. So, for us, the price wasn't so high, on a relative basis.

I wish them the best (Hembree and Escobar), but it is a BIG leap from AAA to The Show. Not many remain standing on the other side.

Of course they could still flop. I actually think it fair to say the Giants had already placed Escobar in that category, and were not far from there on Hembree.

However, they have both made appearances for the Sox this year and looked OK doing it (Hembree had a bad outing) and both are playing for Pawtucket in the playoffs in key positions.

Just because we dealt from a place of excess does not mean their value is lessened. They are still capital and need to be treated as such.

To be clear, I am OK with the price we paid. I said that at the time of the trade. I am NOW OK with the return (I did not say that at the time of the trade). I am just picking nits with the cost of te two trades.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just peeked in on Baseball Reference to see how they were doing. Both in AAA, not on the 40.

2014 Boston Red Sox Minor League Affiliations | Baseball-Reference.com

Hembree 0-1 with 2 saves in 7 games, 2.70 ERA.

Escobar 0-2 in 5 starts, 4.28 ERA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner Battles, Posey blast,and Bullpen outlasts Tigers 5-4

Today was a grind it out battle of two teams in a playoff race that wanted this win real bad. Giants jump out on top with 4 runs in the 1st on three clutch 2 out hits . Panda had the first one and even though he took a 3 K game at the end his single in the first kept the line moving and built Bumgarner a good lead to work with. Susac followed with a 2 run double and Arias followed him with a double to score Susac. The Tigers fought back and it was imperative that the Giants add on someway. Posey answered in the 5th with a solo HR giving the Giants a key two run lead. Posey is hitting around .500 in his last 15 games which is out of this world stuff. Pence extended his hit streak to 18 games.

Bumgarner battled all day trying to find his pitches but finished with a quality start going 6 innings ,giving up 3 ER on 10 spread out hits. He did'nt strikeout anyone but he did'nt walk anyone either. The Bullpen held it together for 3 innings giving up 1 ER . In round 2 of Romo vs. Cabrera ...Cabrera won today hitting a HR off Romo but Romo held the lead . Casilla finished it up with a 1-2-3 inning and a happy victory line for the Giants.

A solid win with a tip of the cap to Jake Peavy who in his way saved the bullpen yesterday so that they would be fresh today. It paid off as the Giants go for the sweep on Sunday Night Baseball with Hudson and his river of Dreams ready to try to row to victory. A very entertaining game as the Giants wait to see if LA can beat the D-Backs tonight to stay 2 up in the West. It's September baseball as these are the Days of Gold. Giants Golden Today winning 5-4!

Go Giants !!:10:

:suds::clap::boxing::yo::thrasher::lock1:

on youtube...

CADILLAC BLACK Days of Gold 2011 Live

Here we go now.....Here we go...

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases loaded, top of the second, no outs...aaaaaaannnnd the Dbags don't score.

kirk-uhoh-thumb-550x417-71985.jpeg

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Wilson coming in with the go ahead run on First with no outs in the 8th......

This would be a nice time for one of his Blue Scum melt downs.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the middle of the Diamondbacks order goes 1-2-3 vs Wilson....

The Dodgers are 13-4 against this scrub team this season.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both on the Sox 40-Man. I assume you mean they are not on the "25-Man" (or MLB roster).

You are correct - I was mistaken:

Boston Red Sox 40-Man Team Roster - ESPN

I didn't see them under "Pitchers", so I mistakenly assumed that they weren't on the 40. Had I scrolled down farther to look under "Minors", I would have seen them there.

:doh:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a full bed shit in the bottom of the 8th...5-2 doyers.

Still 2 back.