• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/5 GDT PeaveMe @ Dee-Twa

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good here, folks. I'm guessing we're done for the night.

us_dtw_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

I don't know what the rules are here if we don't make it thru 5. Do we continue tomorrow (yay!), or start all over (boo!)?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

So we complete the game tomorrow AM, and the scheduled game becomes an twilight game instead. Both teams have their aces going, so bully issues should not be too critical.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get it in. I see a break in about a hour to hour and half . Should get 5 innings in at least.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA vs. D-Backs 7 PM on MLB Network

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good here, folks. I'm guessing we're done for the night.

us_dtw_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

I don't know what the rules are here if we don't make it thru 5. Do we continue tomorrow (yay!), or start all over (boo!)?

If they don't finish 5 inniings tonight and it's called the game has to be replayed in full. Not good. Gotta get it in.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Peavy. Throwing a helluva game through three and will have nothing to show for it. At least it looks like being reunited with Bochy has got positive results.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baggs said on CSN that Lincecum might get the ball tonight if Peavy can't continue.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this could be at least another hour to two hour wait. Jon Miller saw the same break in the weather I saw on Doppler radar but Tigers now say they want to wait for all the rain to clear out. Kind of a BS move by them but it's Detroit and not SF. They could of got at least 5 innings in in the next 45 minutes but Tigers are balking that they want 9 innings to be able to come back. I am tired of rain delays and ground crews.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this could be at least another hour to two hour wait. Jon Miller saw the same break in the weather I saw on Doppler radar but Tigers now say they want to wait for all the rain to clear out. Kind of a BS move by them but it's Detroit and not SF. They could of got at least 5 innings in in the next 45 minutes but Tigers are balking that they want 9 innings to be able to come back. I am tired of rain delays and ground crews.

I would expect nothing less from Bochy in the same situation. When you're in a race for a playoff spot every win and loss counts and I know the Tigers ain't gonna just roll over to get a game out of the way.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the game start over from the beginning or continue, if we can't continue tonight?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are both dreaming. That "break" might last all of 15 minutes, if you're lucky. We are done for the night, IMO.

Better dynamic map, but I can't embed it here:

Weather Map for Detroit - weather.com

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the game start over from the beginning or continue, if we can't continue tonight?

Per the MLB rules on mlb.com:

Official Rules | MLB.com: Official info

SUSPENDED GAMES.
(a) A game shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date if the game is terminated for any of the following reasons:

(7) The game has not become a regulation game (4 1/2 innings with the home team ahead, or 5 innings with the visiting club ahead or tied).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I'm reading this right, they have to suspend it and complete it at a future date, as in tomorrow.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are both dreaming. That "break" might last all of 15 minutes, if you're lucky. We are done for the night, IMO.

Better dynamic map, but I can't embed it here:

Weather Map for Detroit - weather.com

Jon Miller just reported almost no rain for last one hour and ten minutes. They could of got in the 5 innings easy.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the MLB rules on mlb.com:

Official Rules | MLB.com: Official info

SUSPENDED GAMES.
(a) A game shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date if the game is terminated for any of the following reasons:

(7) The game has not become a regulation game (4 1/2 innings with the home team ahead, or 5 innings with the visiting club ahead or tied).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I'm reading this right, they have to suspend it and complete it at a future date, as in tomorrow.

Not being a lawyer, that's how I interpret it.