• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/3/15 Still Champs vs the Humidors

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel like Hangman. Maybe I need to take tomorrow off from watching the Giants. Sorry for the Debbie Downer posts today.

No apology necessary. We're all sitting shiva on the season right now. I took a break and I've accepted this ain't our year. I'm going to look at Sep as extended ST.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you sitting in the stadium?

We were on the right field line, about halfway between 1st and the foul pole. 6th row. Sweet seats. Sat with a bunch of Giants fans. Not a good night for us, either. But the Denver "crowd" was pretty mild. It was raining until about 6:30, so the game started a little late.

Man, we just looked worn out. No spark.

First defensive play of the game, Posey fielded a hot grounder that he thought was foul, but played it anyway, and Vogey didn't even try to cover 1st base. It was all down hill from there in the 1st inning, and for the game.

Duffman with two brutal FPGIDP, one when we had 1st and 3rd and no outs. We scored a run, but now had two outs. He also threw away a potential double play ball. I think he was throwing to KT on his way to the bag. Problem was, KT was already ON the bag. :L

Vogey looked awful.

Greek gave up a mammoth HR (while the Giants couldn't hit the ball out of the infield)

Hall was terrible (1.2 IP, 5 hits, 2 runs)

Huddy looked good for 2 innings, pounding the strike zone.

A lousy game for the Giants, and for their fans.

And the Dogs are killing the Puds, having overcome and early 4-0 deficit. Wish we could overcome ANY deficit these days.

Looked pretty grim tonight.

Denver is pretty cool, though. Nice people. Nice yard. Nice developing downtown. Lots of construction. The place is booming.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel like Hangman. Maybe I need to take tomorrow off from watching the Giants. Sorry for the Debbie Downer posts today.

More of a jape at Hangman, not trying to attack you :suds:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were on the right field line, about halfway between 1st and the foul pole. 6th row. Sweet seats. Sat with a bunch of Giants fans. Not a good night for us, either. But the Denver "crowd" was pretty mild. It was raining until about 6:30, so the game started a little late.

First defensive play of the game, Posey fielded a hot grounder that he thought was foul, but played it anyway, and Vogey didn't even try to cover 1st base. It was all down hill from there in the 1st inning, and for the game.

Duffman with two brutal FPGIDP, one when we had 1st and 3rd and no outs. We scored a run, but now had two outs. He also threw away a potential double play ball. I think he was throwing to KT on his way to the bag. Problem was, KT was already ON the bag. :L

Vogey looked awful.

Greek gave up a mammoth HR (while the Giants couldn't hit the ball out of the infield)

And the Dogs are killing the Puds, having overcome and early 4-0 deficit. Wish we could overcome ANY deficit these days.

Denver is pretty cool, though. Nice people. Nice yard. Nice developing downtown. Lots of construction. The place is booming.

I've always wanted to visit Denver, heard it's a great place to be right now as a younger person. My old college roommate is from Denver, doing very well for himself there now.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal. Just, BRUTAL.....
I've always wanted to visit Denver, heard it's a great place to be right now as a younger person. My old college roommate is from Denver, doing very well for himself there now.
I'm 41 and have been a Bronco fan my whole life......had a chance to visit for a Bronco game for the first time a couple years ago. It was a fantastic time. Great city.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogey looked awful.

Yeah, I think the team has given up. There is no spark in them.

Vogey did look awful and that play in the 1st by Posey wasn't too great. Posey looked a little green at 1st on that one. I thought Hall looked good his first inning but he turned Broadway quickly in the 2nd. I didn't think Hall deserved the promotion to SF but he was on the 40 man so he got it. It seemed the only good thing from the game was Hudson's 2nd innings of relief work. I heard Kruk & Kuip talking about how the stadium out there has owned him early on in his appearance (and talked about it as length) and he proceeds to be the best pitcher on the mound for the Giants.

I asked where you were sitting because I was watching the game and they were showing a lot of Giants' fans throughout the game. I wondered if they showed you since you mentioned you were going to be decked out.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a jape at Hangman, not trying to attack you :suds:
No worries. I was in a bad mood all last night, just ask my wife. Its weird being in this place of having watched the team win 3 WS titles in such a short time, I would think that maybe I would be more okay with taking it easy watching the team fade from contention. Nope, not the case. I will probably take today's game off, just to take the edge off.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even BoB would have been a Debbie Downer today.

I don't care what anyone says, BoB believes! Timmy is coming back to lead us to the promised land, like the warrior with a huge heart that he is. Never give up! The Giants are true competitors, you'll see!

Go Giants! :nod::thumb::thumper::hammer::comeatmebro::markou::nutswing::peace::popsdance::rockon:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe that BoB is an online persona. I 100% believe that Tito was a persona, and NN, to an extent, is a persona.

But BoB, IMHO, was 100% legit.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fantastic news! Panik coming back in Arizona

Looks like he's ready to be back!

"With two outs and a runner on second in the top of the third, Nick Buss of the Reno Aces grounded a ball between Panik and the River Cats first baseman, Kevin Frandsen. Frandsen dove to make a play, but only managed to deflect the ball behind Panik, who was aiming to get to it himself. What happened next is nothing short of wizardry"

090415_panik_catch_med_uwzgjxr1.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With two outs and a runner on second in the top of the third, Nick Buss of the Reno Aces grounded a ball between Panik and the River Cats first baseman, Kevin Frandsen. Frandsen dove to make a play, but only managed to deflect the ball behind Panik, who was aiming to get to it himself. What happened next is nothing short of wizardry"

Got good back extension there! It'll be nice to see him back out there soon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's ready to be back!

I like KT and all, but...

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!