• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/25 Who Cares @ Who Cares

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds opposite of De Aza and Crawford. Seems that Crawford has been a little annoyed with De Aza on a few plays in the past week.
Craw is a GG level field captain. DeAza is a journeyman OFer. That can trump the standard pecking order.

KT and Mac probably know each other, but are both rooks. The default should apply.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see my boys lose, but it really is the ideal outcome.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw is a GG level field captain. DeAza is a journeyman OFer. That can trump the standard pecking order.

KT and Mac probably know each other, but are both rooks. The default should apply.
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. Crawford seemed annoyed with De Aza's aggressiveness. I was trying to use that as a reverse of what you mentioned.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've yet to find out. Tune in tomorrow afternoon to see if they can extend the streak.
You REALLY think there will be only 9 runs scored tomorrow?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. Crawford seemed annoyed with De Aza's aggressiveness. I was trying to use that as a reverse of what you mentioned.
You were perfectly clear. I was the one typing with marbles in my hands.

I was trying to say that the two situations are different in specifics even if they both "should" apply the same general rule.

KT and Mac are rookies, so Mac should take control. Craw is a field captain and De Aza maybe should yield to him, even though it goes against the general rule of fielding.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still difficult to watch them flatline so badly at the end of the season.
If you just look at the score and the names on the front of the uni's, I would agree. But once you look at the names on the back of the uni's, you should be OK with it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were perfectly clear. I was the one typing with marbles in my hands.

I was trying to say that the two situations are different in specifics even if they both "should" apply the same general rule.

KT and Mac are rookies, so Mac should take control. Craw is a field captain and De Aza maybe should yield to him, even though it goes against the general rule of fielding.
Understood. I've had more issues with DeAza's fielding. It seems like he's a bit reckless out there are times (the almost run ins with Crawford and the really close almost collision with Pagan).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just look at the score and the names on the front of the uni's, I would agree. But once you look at the names on the back of the uni's, you should be OK with it.
I know the quality of players make it a lot more likely but I still have a hard time looking past the front of the jersey. I become a bit of a homer for the names on the back when they have "Giants" on the front.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I've had more issues with DeAza's fielding. It seems like he's a bit reckless out there are times (the almost run ins with Crawford and the really close almost collision with Pagan).
I have not been watching nearly close enough the last week or so to notice.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been watching nearly close enough the last week or so to notice.
The play with Pagan was really scary. Pagan had the read on the ball and was racing toward left field. DeAza was coming toward center and was not backing off even though Pagan was calling it. If DeAza didn't back off for one more second, the Giants would have had to call up Lollis and Ford. DeAza, a former center fielder, should have known better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the quality of players make it a lot more likely but I still have a hard time looking past the front of the jersey. I become a bit of a homer for the names on the back when they have "Giants" on the front.
Once the season is over (and it was over after the doggie series, let's be honest), I root for them to win due only to inertia. I actually want them to do as badly as possible to get better picks in the first 3 rounds or so (picks after that, order doesn't really matter).

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss was the 14th in the last 15 one-run games for the Giants,

Wow. So at the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, if instead of going 1-14 in those games, we had gone 8-7, we would be 1 game behind the LAD's.

And that's not counting if any of those were against the LAD's.