• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/24 GDT Huddys at Kershaws

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree re: the sal cap. If there is no cap, than anything goes. And for the record, I do not think a cap is possible in baseball. There are too many variables that do not exist in other sports (minors, international, etc).

I just hope the Giants FO matches (in a responsible manner, of course). If the FO sees Tomas as a legit power-threat in Left, I hope they do what needs to be done to get him in the fold. If they need to eat contract to get the guy they need at the deadline, I hope they are willing (they have shown that they are willing to do this). I hope they dump every penny that the scouts want into the minors and scouting departments. Every penny spent there is akin to $10 spent on a FA (if you trust your coaches and decision makers).

Basically, we have no reason to think this team has EVER taken the cheap route.

- Abreu was a bit of a disappointment, but we have Belt, and the PTBs do not seem to want to play him in Left, so maybe their interest was luke-warm, at best.

- It sucked that we lost out on Castillo, but it looks like we had the answer in-house with Panik.

- Choo? They have said they have no interest in sacrificing draft picks anymore (they learned their lesson in the Tucker-fiasco).

- Cruz? After Bonds, Santiago and Cabrera? Don't think so.

- They haven't traded for Stanton! Oh shut-up.

The great tragedy of the Giants front office (in my humble, uninformed opinion) was not getting one more hitter during the Bonds/Kent era. You spend that dough and you raise multiple banners. But two WS titles later take the sting out of that.

I think responsible spending is still important and nobody does it better than the Giants (Zito aside). Spend too much and you end up driving prices up on yourself and bidding against yourself anytime you show interest in a player.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree re: the sal cap. If there is no cap, than anything goes. And for the record, I do not think a cap is possible in baseball. There are too many variables that do not exist in other sports (minors, international, etc).

I just hope the Giants FO matches (in a responsible manner, of course). If the FO sees Tomas as a legit power-threat in Left, I hope they do what needs to be done to get him in the fold. If they need to eat contract to get the guy they need at the deadline, I hope they are willing (they have shown that they are willing to do this). I hope they dump every penny that the scouts want into the minors and scouting departments. Every penny spent there is akin to $10 spent on a FA (if you trust your coaches and decision makers).

Basically, we have no reason to think this team has EVER taken the cheap route.

- Abreu was a bit of a disappointment, but we have Belt, and the PTBs do not seem to want to play him in Left, so maybe their interest was luke-warm, at best.

- It sucked that we lost out on Castillo, but it looks like we had the answer in-house with Panik.

- Choo? They have said they have no interest in sacrificing draft picks anymore (they learned their lesson in the Tucker-fiasco).

- Cruz? After Bonds, Santiago and Cabrera? Don't think so.

- They haven't traded for Stanton! Oh shut-up.

Agree with this except the bold. Castillo could still have very much been used in CF this year and 2015+. Pagan's body is done

Reports were we offered similar money for Abreu just less years, so don't think it was luke warm. But Belt would have had to play LF, would have been hurt and we'd have a hole there once again

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a lot of growing up to do if you ask me.

Be honest, if you were that talented at that age, and you came from a country where you didn't have much, then you'd be a little full of yourself too lol.

Bumgarner on the other hand, seems to be the only pitcher who gets really butthurt by it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, if you were that talented at that age, and you came from a country where you didn't have much, then you'd be a little full of yourself too lol.

Bumgarner on the other hand, seems to be the only pitcher who gets really butthurt by it.

Can't really say, but can't really blame him. It's just his personality and he's set the baseball world on fire since the day he debuted, driving all the media crazy (in good ways), and fueling him. Just poking a little fun.

And the fact that he's a Dodger makes it all the more annoying for me haha

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really say, but can't really blame him. It's just his personality and he's set the baseball world on fire since the day he debuted, driving all the media crazy (in good ways), and fueling him. Just poking a little fun.

And the fact that he's a Dodger makes it all the more annoying for me haha

His energy gives the team a boost a lot of times. The Dodgers have a tendency to lull themselves to sleep at times so when teams feed into that Puig hate it just wakes them up lol. I'm glad the rivalry is back on and I hope the Dodgers see you guys in the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this except the bold. Castillo could still have very much been used in CF this year and 2015+. Pagan's body is done

Reports were we offered similar money for Abreu just less years, so don't think it was luke warm. But Belt would have had to play LF, would have been hurt and we'd have a hole there once again

I don't know. In the EXTREME SSS so far, Castillo has not done anything for Boston yet...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His energy gives the team a boost a lot of times. The Dodgers have a tendency to lull themselves to sleep at times so when teams feed into that Puig hate it just wakes them up lol. I'm glad the rivalry is back on and I hope the Dodgers see you guys in the playoffs.

:nod:

A Dodgers-Giants NLCS would be incredible. Praying to the baseball Gods already.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Commishes office cant have a Spankee/RedSux series AGAIN, maybe a Giants/Dodgers series will have to suffice.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. In the EXTREME SSS so far, Castillo has not done anything for Boston yet...

Oh, it's definitely early. Just meant in terms of Panik taking over 2B, Castillo still would have had a place to play. He'd also look nicer on a playoff roster than Juan Perez :)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing a lot of assuming there. Not everyone in that sit. would act the way he does.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Well, After the hot start by the Giants and dominating the Dodgers early in the year. This is very satisfying. Hope They'll be a rematch in the playoffs.
Please let us know how that satisfying feeling is working out for ya.

Sorry about the rematch. Maybe next year. Your 'pen was your downfall, and it didn't help that 'shaw needs some more playoff seasoning.